He's Mine

I had no choice

Tracey, why’d she do it? Why did she try to take him from me? If-if she had just-had just left him alone I wouldn’t have done it-I-I wouldn’t. But he was mine, he was. He belonged to me. He always had, couldn’t she see that?

Those mornings when he’d run by and we’d smile at one another, did she never see that? He-he and I loved each other. We were something special. We were going to get married and live together, happily, forever.

Every morning we spoke. She saw that, right? I’m sure that Tracey saw it from across the street! She was right there, Tracey was right there! I knew she saw us, saw our love.

“Morning,” he’d say to me with that smile brighter than-brighter than-than anything! Every morning I-I would always say, “Good morning,” in return. We had something didn’t she see that?

I-I understand Tracey! I understand why she wanted him. Wasn’t he beautiful? So beautiful, he was breath taking. Those eyes, bright green that made me weak at the knee’s and toned arms that every woman dreamed of being held by-which-which I was held by!

Did she know that? He-he held me this-this one time the first day we met. I had walked out one morning to retrieve the mail for my mother. We had just moved into the house and I was looking about the neighborhood. I had tripped over my own feet and there he was.

He was right there-he was right there! He caught me. It was the first time I saw his smile. That smile was for me. “Are you all right?” He asked.

I knew then that he felt exactly what I did. We were in love…we were! Our love was strong, stronger than anything; I knew that. We-we both knew what we felt. It was a love like no other!

But…but Tracey…why would she do that? That morning she came outside and she-she smiled at him and he-god he-smiled back! And I-and I stood there at the mailbox waiting but he didn’t…he didn’t even look at me.

Why was he staring at that-at that…that whore? Why was he smiling at her like he used to for me? Why wasn’t he even looking at me but at her? Our love…she was breaking it. She was ruining our love. She was taking him from me.

Look at me! Why wouldn’t he just look at me and show her? Show her that we loved each other! Show her that we were meant to be!

I couldn’t let that happen, Tracey. I couldn’t let her take him from me because he belonged to me. His love was mine. My love was his.

I was sure that she would understand why I did it. She-she was going to take him from me but he’s mine. If she were me she would do the same, she would! Anyone would-would have done what I did because I had no other option.

He’s all mine so…so I had to do it.

The next morning I called out his name, “Derek!”

He was so kind…so kind that he thought nothing of it when I asked for help packing a few things to my room. I-I wasn’t…I wasn’t lying though! I had a few things I needed upstairs but…but he was mine and it had to be done.

I grabbed that knife from the kitchen. I held it in my hand. I held it tight and behind my back. It was cool against my skin, cool and-and right. It felt so right. And I knew-I knew that this was the right thing to do. This was the correct choice. It wouldn’t feel right if it wasn’t right…right?

I was doing the right thing! I had to do it!

“Need help with anything else?” He asked and there it was…that smile. He had showed Tracey that smile just yesterday and I knew I could not let her or anyone else see that smile again.

I did what I had to do. I did-did it quick! I swear I did! He-he didn’t see it coming. He didn’t see me plunge that blade beneath his skin. His eyes, Tracey I was sure she’d like to see them too during that moment…they were so wide-so full of shock and fear. They were stunning.

I held him. I held him like he did me the first day we met. He-he held me back! He wrapped those arms around me as he slumped over. We both fell to the floor and I held him because…

He was mine. He belonged to me. His heart belonged to me.

And now-now I sat with that heart in my hand.

He’s mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my, oh me my first psychological, creepy, frantic type thing-a-bob!
It's not my usual but I felt like writing it so yeah...not expecting much from this but that's that lol