Status: 5 Recs/Comments/Subs= New Chapter.

Numbers.

Checked In, Checked Out.

*Josh's P.O.V*

"-Is that good enough fucking proof, Josh?!" Oli yells, finally breaking under the pressure. But he likes me? And is willing to admit it? Oh, goddamn.

"I...uh..." I stutter out, trying to form the correct words. I was so star struck it just wasn't working.

"Fine, you know what, I'll be back in a little bit." He mutters bitterly, standing up and walking towards the door. He swings it open, and without looking back he leaves. The sound of the door clicking closed rings in my ears and triggers something. I can't put my finger on what, but my eyes have started to well up with tears.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid!" I hiss at myself, shaking my head back and forth in frustration. "Ugh!"

I throw myself back onto the couch and search for the remote. Anything to keep my mind off of the emotions. I don't want to be crying over him right now. I want him here, and I want to hold him and tell him exactly how much he means to me. I need to apologize for shouting at him.

Finally, my fingertips grazed the remote and I pulled it out from between two of the couch cushions. The TV is turned on, and I plan on watching Jurassic Park until he gets home.

• Five Hours Later •

I'm currently sobbing on Oli's couch and staring at the clock. He's been gone for about five hours now, and it's pitch black outside. Where could he have even gone? He doesn't like people, kids, or meat, so there's not really many places he could have wondered off to. So I did the only thing I really could do. I called my Mum.

After a couple rings, her comforting voice floods my ears and I've began to calm down.

"Hello?" She asks, her voice laced with concern. I never call her when I'm at a friends house. "Josh, what's happened?"

"H-Hi, Mum. I j-just I'm really s-scared." I whisper weakly, my voice shaking. It should be shaking. I should feel like a piece of shit for scaring him off.

"Scared? You have no reason to be, you're with that boy, right?" She asks. Just the mention of him makes my blood run cold.

"N-No! He ran out of the flat and now he's g-gone!" I wheeze out, beginning to panic even further. "Its been h-hours, Mum."

"And you said he's got mental instabilities, right?" She asks, and I hear a bit of a ruffle in the background.

"Wh...What are you doing?" I ask, questioning where the fuck she would be going.

"I've got to go to work, remember? Call me in the morning if he's still gone, okay, sweetie?" She asks. Shit, she sounds scared too. But I can't blame her if she has to go to work. I just wish she would help me look for him.

"Okay, uh, bye. Love you." I say, not really sure how to end a phone call, as I always was.

"Love you too, Josh. Stay safe." She says, and with that she hangs up.

After pondering different ideas for a while, I didn't know what to with myself, so I stared out the window, submerging myself into a daydream.

*Daydream*

I was driving home from work, excited to see my husband. As I pulled into the driveway of our black painted two-level house, I watch as the curtains shift a little bit. That must be Oskar.

Pulling myself out of the vehicle, I close the door behind me and make my way up to the house. The smell of something good hits my nose, and I realize that dinner must be being made. I open the door and step inside.

Oskar circles around my feet, slightly nipping at the ends of my pants with the tips of his teeth in adoration. His tail is wagging wildly, and I'm glad he didn't bark when I came inside. He's a good dog.

Instead of calling out my usual, "Honey, I'm home." I remain silent, deciding to sneak up on him. I figure he must be in the kitchen.

Kicking off my shiny black work shoes, I drop my bag and jacket down next to them; Oskar immediately coming over and sniffing them before curling up and making himself comfortable on my jacket. I only smile.

My footsteps are quiet as I make my way to the kitchen, listening to him hum gently to the sound of Black Sabbath playing from the stereo system in the living room. He sways those perfect hips of his, and I was quite happy and proud when he had forced himself to gain a little bit of weight. My footsteps are now silent as can be as I make my way to him, as he's slaving over the stove. Quickly, I wrap my arms around his waist and pull him into me.

He jumps, before turning to face me with a playful glare hinting at his face. "Jesus, Josh, you scared the shit out of me."

I smile. "I'm sorry, Ols. Forgive me?"

He sighs, shaking his head. "Who can stay mad at a face like that?" He smiles up at me before leaning in closer and closer until our lips are just barely grazing, when I pull him in even closer and-

*Flashback Over*

I jump in my seat, as the door squeaks open and wanders in Oli. For fuck's sake, finally.

"Hello," He says weakly, his voice raspy. Then, I notice the limp in his step as his walks over, gingerly sitting down on the couch, cringing after doing so.

"Oli," I say, worry taking over. As, I was genuinely worried. "What's happened? Are you okay?"

He nods, a bit too convincingly. "M'fine. Brother and I got into a bit of a scrap. But it's nothing to be overly concerned about."

"I...I'm going to t-turn the light on, okay?" I say, standing up and rushing over to the light switch across the room. My fingers were on it, and ready to flick it on so I could get a good look at him. But he spoke up.

"N-No!" He exclaims, but then clears his throat. "Please don't, Josh. I look like death, and I'm pretty sure you'd be grossed out."

"Oli, I have to check you out and make sure you aren't hurt too badly." I say, making sure I sounded regretful before I switched the light on.

Light fills the room, and Oli squints from the sudden brightness. After his eyes adjust, and they open more, I attempt to get a good look at him. The bags under his eyes seem to have gotten darker, and his usually dark exterior has gotten even darker.

I wasn't concerned until I saw the blood dripping down his ankle and onto the carpet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi