Status: 5 Recs/Comments/Subs= New Chapter.

Numbers.

Hold Me Close, Don't Let Go.

{ A/N: ok i lied next chapter is when shit goes down otherwise this one would be too long k}

*Oli's P.O.V*

The car ride was silent, nothing but the gentle hum of the ignition to ease my running thoughts. They were ruining me. Finally, Josh breaks the seemingly never ending silence.

"Everything will sort itself out, Oli. Please try to relax." He says softly. He reaches over the stick shift and takes my hand in his. "Still freezing."

"I'm surprised you aren't used to it b-by now." I reply weakly, cringing at the crack in my voice.

"I will be eventually." He smiles again and stops the car. "We're here."

I look out of my window to find a cute looking little yellow house. I somewhat recall Vic telling me that it was his husband's favorite color. After snapping out of my daydream, I get out of the car and go to the trunk, where Josh is pulling out my suitcase.

"I can carry that." I say, reaching my hand out.

He shakes his head. "I've got it." He shuts the trunk and takes my hand again. We walk up the front sidewalk to the front door. Josh takes the opportunity to knock, and a few seconds later the door is opened.

There's a small black haired man standing in front of us. I can only assume that he must be Kellin. His bright blue eyes study me for a millisecond before he turns to Josh.

"Hey Josh!" He says with a voice higher than I'd imagined. He then turns to me. "And this must be Oliver."

I nod, feeling my stomach tense as it always does when I meet new people. I force a smile anyway, not to be rude.

"Well come on in, I just made lunch!" Kellin smiles, ushering us inside. My awkwardness didn't seem to faze him at all. Josh and I kick off our shoes before continuing into the house.

"Would you guys like the room upstairs or downstairs? I'm assuming you'd like to share." Kellin smiles sweetly, tilting his head to the side. I can see why Vic married him; he's an absolute doll.

"Actually, we're not together-"

"Upstairs, please." I cut Josh off and smile at Kellin. He returns it.

"Alrightie, well just follow me up here." Kellin says, walking towards a flight of stairs I hadn't even realized were there. I follow him and Josh, but at the same time, I start to notice little things around the house. Every wall is painted the exact same color as the exterior of the house. There's
nothing on the coffee tables, or on the walls. The stairs are carpeted in white, just like the rest of the house. As we reach the top of the stairs, Kellin touches each doorknob on the way to Josh and I's room.

Kellin opens the door to a room exactly the same to the rest of the house. There isn't a molecule of dust or dirt inside, but Kellin still cringed.

"I'm sorry for the mess," He apologizes quickly. "I haven't had much time to clean."

"What are you talking about?" Josh asks incredulously. "This place is immaculate."

Kellin blushes. "I wish. Well I hope this room is good enough for you guys and uh, yeah. I'm right downstairs if you need anything. I was thinking maybe we could have dinner together later so we could get to know each other better but if you don't want to-"

"We'd love too." I smile, noting the way his eyes light up. I'm glad I made someone happy.

"Okay." He smiles, turning on his heel and walking out. He touches every doorknob again before he disappears down the stairs.

Josh quietly closes the door and turns to me. "What do you think of Kellin?"

"He's lovely." I reply, sitting down gingerly on the bed. "Vic really lucked out."

"Both him and his brother, it seems." Josh says, sitting down next to me. "What's going through your mind right now?"

"Why did this happen to me?" I say bitterly, looking over to Josh. "I'm such a fucking sob story."

Josh shakes his head. "It's not you, Ols. It's Mike and Tom and everyone else who's ever did you wrong."

I fake a smile. "Can we take a catnap? All of this stress is making me tired."

Josh nods. "Of course. Do you want some pajamas?" He reaches for my suitcase. I grab his hand before his fingertips reach the zipper.

"No, boys sleep in their underwear, silly." I smile weakly, watching as his face lights up and his cheeks blush pink.

He nods. "You're right." For a couple seconds, I watch him. He tugs his shirt off over his shoulders, exposing a body that I find absolutely gorgeous. Flat, tan, and healthy are the three words that cross my mind first. Realizing that I've been staring, I pull off my own shirt and pants, staring down at my tattooed frame.

"Why don't you have any tattoos?" I ask Josh quietly.

"Never really thought about it." Josh answers honestly. He chuckles. "Besides, I think you have enough for the both of us."

I nod, and let out a giggle. Walking over to the bed, I pull the covers up from the perfectly made bed and crawl under them. Josh joins me, and before I know it, I'm snuggled up to him like a puppy. Our legs are somehow tangled together. His fingers are playing with my hair, as he presses little kisses to my neck and chest. I close my eyes, and just let the feeling over safety swallow me.

"Oli?" Josh asks, looking down at me.

"Yes?" I mumble lazily, barely looking up at him.

"Can it always be like this?" He asks, biting his lip, awaiting my answer like a nervous child.

"Only time will tell." I say, kissing him on the lips one more time before I decided to go to sleep.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

I was awoken by the sound of a door slamming, and loud footsteps. And yelling. Lots and lots of yelling. Although, it wasn't Kellin's voice. It was Vic's. And Mike's. My heart began to race. I finally opened my eyes to find my nose pressed to Josh's and his arm holding me against him.

"Josh!" I whisper harshly, trying to wake him up. After saying his name a multitude of times, his eyes finally open. They get wide, as he realized what was happening.

"Stay here, please." He says, stumbling out of bed and rushing to get his top and bottoms on.

"I'm going with you." I say, defiantly standing up. I am answered with a shake of the head from Josh, as another voice joins our conversation.

"I think you'd b-better stay here." Kellin's shaking voice says. It snaps me out of my confusion. It's obvious that he's crying, and I know I need to be the one to help him calm down.

"I'll stay. But please be careful, okay?" I ask, giving one last smile to Josh.

He quickly walks over to me, and gives me a rough kiss. "Always." He replies, and then he's out the door.

"Kellin? Where's somewhere we can go that Mike won't find us?" I ask him, remaining calm despite the yelling and crashing going on downstairs.

"I-In that c-closet. There's a p-panic room in the a-attic." He stutters, struggling to get to his feet. Fuck, this kid was seriously panicking.

"Alright, well come on. You better show me, okay?" I ask. I take his hand in mine, and immediately know how shaky his is. Although, I'm sure he's not enjoying the coldness of mine either. We walk to the closet, and I pull it open. There's nothing inside, but Kellin crawls in anyway.

"This is the only way to the attic," He tells me, feeling around the walls until he finally moves a large panel in the back. The door leading up to the attic is small, maybe about three feet by three feet. I doubt I'll fit through.

"Do you go up here a lot?" I ask curiously. I look around the closet, and decide I'd better get in.

He nods. "All the time." That explains the key necklace. He shoves the key into the keyhole and turns it. The little door pops open,

"Does Vic have a key?" I ask, noting the footsteps running up the stairs. God, I wish we could hurry. Especially because the bedroom door doesn't have a lock.

Kellin shakes his head. "No. I won't let him." He crawls in through the small space, and motions for me to follow. I close the closet doors behind me first, and then follow Kellin, fitting through the door effortlessly. Once we're in behind the wall, it's just as clean as the rest of the house, although the walls and carpet are all black. Kellin moves the panel back in front of the door, and then locks the door itself.

"Vic doesn't even know this place exists." Kellin laughs, taking my hand as he pulls me up a flight of stairs and into the attic.

"Why not?" I ask, following him stair after stair until we reach the top. Finally, there's a window and still, the room is all black.

"I need some space from him sometimes. He thinks this key is for my mom's house." Kellin laughs again and shakes his head. I can't help but laugh too. Kellin makes me happy.

But, even though I know I'm safe, I can't help but feel scared for Josh.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi