‹ Prequel: Reunited...Again
Status: Active

Fallen Angels

Devil May Care

Currently, there is this guy who's dragging a body bag through an abandoned house, and into the bathroom, where he places it in the bathtub. When he opens the bag, the charred remains of the said body is revealed. In the meantime, Dean, Sam and myself are at a rest stop for some down time. Dean's laying on top of a picnic table, arms crossed over his chest and eyes closed. I'm laying there as well, but with my head resting on his stomach. It's nice to get some down time after what we just went through.

"So, Cas is human?" Sam asks as he comes over and sits on top of the table, which in return causes Dean to open his eyes.

"..ish. I mean he's got no Grace, no wings, no…harp. Whatever the hell else he had.” Dean replies after tapping me on the shoulder, silently telling me to move.

I do so and sit up, sitting next to Sam.

"Okay. Where'd he crash land?"

"Called me from a payphone from Longmont, Colorado. I told him just to make for the bunker."

"You think he can handle a road trip like that?"

“Cas is a big boy. Things go breaking bad, he knows our number. Alright, now I've got bigger worries."

"The fallen angels?"

"Yeah. I mean, thanks to Metatron, we now have a couple thousand confused loose nooks walking around out there."

"What do you think they're gonna do?"

"I have no damn clue."

"What about Crowley? You uh..." Sam trails off, motioning about killing him.

"Not exactly." I remark.

"I would’ve loved nothing better than to ice that limey bitch, but then I thought to myself: What would Sam Winchester do?"

"I’d have stabbed him in the brain."

"Oh. Well, I figured the King of Hell might know a few things, so why not Zero Dark Thirty his ass."

I snicker as we all move from the picnic table and go over to the trunk of the Impala.

"Wait, so Crowley is...alive?" Sam asks as the trunk gets opened to reveal Crowley just laying there, tied up.

"Oh yeah. He's the junk in my trunk."

"Literally." I smirk.

Meanwhile in the abandoned house, and in the bathroom, there were candles lit everywhere. The man who pulled in the body bag, had black smoke around him everywhere. He was a demon and he cut his wrist and bled onto the body in the tub. With a bright light, the smoke went into the tub and body. A hand then came up with red nails and the body..which was a woman...stood up...Abaddon. But after a long trip with us, we arrived back at the bunker, Sam and I were getting Crowley from the trunk while Dean went ahead and gone inside. When he walks in, an arrow gets shot up at him, just missing and hitting the banister.

"What the hell?"

"Dean? You're alive." Kevin remarks.

"Yeah, cause you're a crappy shot...Katniss." He says sarcastically as he pulls the arrow out of the wood.

"Sorry. It's been a bad couple of days. I haven't slept, I haven't eaten. I'm pretty backed up."

"Okay, over share."

"After we talked this place went nuts. There was some alarm and all the machines were freaking out and the bunker just locked down. I couldn't open the door, my cellphone stopped working, I thought the world was ending."

"Close. The angels fell."

"What does that mean?"

"Nothing good. Listen, next time the world's ending, grab a gun. I got service." Dean says as he turns his phone on, and Kevin turns on the machines..

"It's back online. Maybe when you opened the door from the outside door, it reset the system."

"Yeah okay, let's go with that."

That's when Sam and I come in with Crowley. Bag over his head and the type of earmuffs that block out any sound.

"Hey, all good?"

"Is it ever. Come on."

We nod and head down the stairs and then to the back where all the files were and the secret dungeon. We sit Crowley in a chair in the middle of the Devil's Trap, but keep him tied up with the chains with the symbols on them and remove everything else...the bag and earmuffs, and then the duct tape over his mouth.

"Ahhh, hello." Crowley says, but gets punched in the face by Dean.

"Never get tired of doing that."

"Ughhhh. Tell me, where did you get this fantastic little tree house?"

"Alright, here's how it's gonna go. You're giving us the name of every demon on earth and the people they're possessing."

"Am I? Doesn't sound like me."

"I saw you break down Crowley. When I was trying to cure you, I know a part of you was still human again, maybe still is."

"Blah blah, boo hoo. Done? Good. 'Cause this is what I know. I'm not giving you anything. Why would I? You have no leverage darlings. You not gonna close the gates of Hell, but you didn't. You're not gonna kill me, because you haven't. So what's left?"

"We have a few ideas."

“Torture? Brilliant. Can’t wait to see Sam in stilettos and a leather bustier, really putting the S.A.M. into S&M. Honestly, you three, what are you gonna do to me that I don’t do to myself just for kicks every Friday night?”

We just smirk and walk out of the room.

"Leave you alone. Have fun sitting here by yourself in the dark." I remark, following Sam and Dean out.

"What's Crowley doing here?! Why isn't he dead?! Why aren't you stabbing him right now?!"

"Chill out Kevin, okay? We need him."

"Exactly." I nod.

"What?"

"Kevin look, if we can get Crowley to give us the name of every demon he's got topside, we can hunt them down. All of them."

“He will break. And when he does, we’ll hold him down while you knife him. Then we all go out for ice cream and strippers.”

"Except for me. The ice cream I'll do though." I point out. "You three can go have that fun though."

"Just stay away from him alright?"

"So now what?"

"I gotta go make some phone calls. You need to hit the angel tablet, see if you can find anything on that spell that Metatron used to empty out Heaven."

"Yeah, maybe we can reverse it before the god squad too much damage."

"Yeah if we're lucky. Check the net for anything angely.

"Or demony."

"Or monstery or ghosty. It's gonna be a busy year."

"No kidding." I nod as Sam and I go off in one direction and Kevin in the other, while Dean starts making the phone calls.

"My name is Abaddon. But enough about me, let's talk you. Jason tells me you're all violent, power hungry opportunists." She says to the demons in front of her in this abandoned house.

"So maybe you can tell me, what the hell happened to Hell? And demons. I mean, you call that a meatsuit?" She remarks, going to the one possession an old lady.

"I closed 72 deals last year. Kids love grandma."

"And that's the problem. Deals. We're paying...for what we should be taking. Who put Crowley in charge? What's the matter? Hell hound got your tongue? You took orders from him!"

"He's the king."

"He's a salesman. A King fights. A King conquers. A King does more than sit around reading contracts. But the King's dead. Long live the Queen. I can train you, I can get you new bodies, and we will march into Hell where we'll be greeted as liberators. And demon-kind will rise up and sweep over the Earth, and all the humans and all the angels with their clipped wings will bow to me. Or they will burn."

"What about Crowley?"

"Crowley's dead."

"Uh huh. Well, no offense honey, but we all thought you were dead until like...a week ago. And what if Crowley does come back? Look, a lot of us were scared of him. A lot of us still are. Prove that Crowley's really gone, and maybe then this scheme of yours will work. Or not. Honestly, I always thought you knights were overrated."

And with that Abaddon chokes the demon out of the host body.

"You go to Hell. And you tell them....I'm coming."

"Yeah Irv, fallen angels. Trust me, they’re just monsters with good P.R. So if you run into one, torch his ass with holy oil. Oh and if they drop a silver sword, grab it. Those bitch stickers come in handy."

"Okay, crimany."

"Hey look, I know this is weird..."

"...hell Dean weird is what we do. Remember this case me and Bobby worked up in Saskatoon, had these two..."

"...werewolf Siamese twins?"

"Told you about that?"

"Every time he drank LeBatts. So if you run into any problems, give a call okay. And spread the word. More hunters that know the better."

"Roger dodger."

Meanwhile at a military naval base, three of the men are leaving the facility, getting time off to themselves.

"So, this your first weekend pass into town right? We'll set it all up. Jimmy's waiting at the bar, so you start buying shots, then you can thank me in the morning."

"Cool."

They get onto the bus and sit, of course accompanied by the demons. They leave their current host bodies and enter the 3 Navy Seals' bodies. Abaddon looks around from the driver's seat, having been the bus driver.

"Now that is more like it."

In the meantime on an abandoned road, there's this girl who's car had broken down and she's trying to fix it so she can get back on the road. That's when a van pulls up next to her and a man leans out of the window.

"Need some help?"

"Um...yeah. I don't know...I think the thingy broke."

"Well I can give you a lift into town."

"That would be...amazing. Thanks." She grins as she gets her bag and gets into the passenger seat of the van, while the guy grows fangs.

A short time later, she beheads him. But when she turns around, the soldier-possessed demon shows up.

"Nice hunting." He states before a bag is placed over her head and she's dragged away.

Dean, Sam and I had heard of the incident involving three civilians on the bus and had went to investigate. When we pulled up, the police were already there, military officials as well and everything of course was roped off.

"Oh god." I crinkle my nose.

"This place reeks of sulfur." Sam adds.

"The stink, the freak thunderstorms, every cow dead within 3 miles, I'll take demons for a thousand Alex." Dean remarks as we cross the tape and approach the crime scene, of course getting noticed by the military officials standing there talking.

"Hi, agents Stark, Banner and Romanoff, FBI. Just need to have a look around."

"Why? This is a military case, not a federal one."

"Well that's not what our supervisor said."

"That so. Then maybe he and I should have a chat."

"Okay." Dean says, taking out his phone, dialing Kevin back at the bunker. "Hey boss, um got a little problem here."

"Boss?"

"Yeah, this local badge needs confirmation we're supposed to be here. Came out from FBI headquarters in DC."

"Wait, what?"

"Yeah." He nods, handing the phone over to her.

"This is sergeant Miranda Bates, who am I talking to?"

"Uh...Kevin...Solo."

"How old are you?"

"Old enough. And I'm with the FBI so have to do what I say or-"

"-listen kid, I don't have to do anything. And I don't take orders from the thieves so unless you can give me one good reason you got a couple pretty boy agents and whoever this girl is poking around my crime scene, I'm gonna put them in cuffs and spank your ass raw, understand?"

"Cabo, last June."

"What?"

"That's my reason. Oh, my favorite's you in the sombrero and doing the body shot off some naked guy in the luchador mask, super classy."

"How did you find that?"

"'Cause I'm Kevin freaking Solo. So unless you want this forwarded to your commanding officer Major Valaskes, I suggest you give my agents anything they want. Understand?"

"Yes."

"Yes...sir."

"Yes sir." She says, before handing the phone back and walking away.

"What did he just do?" I ask quietly.

"Kevin, what the hell did you just do?"

"All military computers are linked to the same network."

"And?"

"I hacked it."

"Hey Kevin? Good job buddy."

Dean and I had then joined Sam on the bus, to investigate the victims on it.

"So what'd you find?" I ask as we step inside.

"Yeah, this guy was shot in the heart."

"That what killed him?"

"Maybe. 15...20 years ago."

"What do you mean 15-20 years ago?"

"Every one of these bodies have a fatal wound or two or three, but they're all old."

"So we're looking at meatsuits. Bodies took a lickin, demons inside kept it kickin."

"Probably. I think they were possessed. And now those soldiers are."

"Lovely." I sigh.

"Excuse me agents? We pulled this off of a security camera, you might want to take a look."

We watch the footage and see the soldiers get off the bus and then the driver. Sam pauses the video and zooms in and we can't believe what we see. Our eyes widen as we look at one another, before nodding and she goes on her way out, and so do we.

"Abaddon? Seriously? I thought you Kentucky-fried that meatsuit?"

"I did."

"Well then, how'd she get back?"

"That's what I'd like to know. Magic maybe?"

"And why's she playing GI Joes?"

"No clue. Why don't you ask her when we find her?"

"Oh I will, and I'm gonna chop her freaking head off. Again." Dean remarks as we all get back into the car and drive off.

Come nightfall, it's the middle of an abandoned town, and one of our hunter friends...well Dean and Sam's friends is getting interrogated by the demon soldiers and Abaddon.

"Alright Pete, the Winchesters and Brooke...where are they?"

"Bite me."

"I said where are they?"

"And I said bite me....crew cut."

"Let me show you how it's done boys." Abaddon says, grabbing a noose, tying it around Pete's head and hoisting him into the air.

"You can scream all you want to. No one's gonna hear you! Now let's talk, Sam, Dean and Brooke.

He does finally crack and ends up getting his phone and calling Dean's number. However that phone he doesn't have, and it's back at the bunker with Kevin in a box of other phones and Kevin answers it.

"Hello?"

"This is Dean's number, but you're not a Winchester. Who are you?"

"I'm...uh...nobody."

"Well nobody. I need you to give those boys a message for me. I have something they might want."

While the three of us were driving along, that's when Sam's phone goes off and Kevin is frantic on the other line.

"Kevin? What's wrong?" I ask after Sam puts the phone on speaker.

"Kevin, wait wait wait, slow down."

"She gave me these coordinates. 44.053051 by negative 123. 127860 and two names. Irv Franklin and Tracy."

"Irv's a friend, don't know Tracy."

"The lady said they were hunters and that if you didn't go save them, that she would kill them."

"Story of our lives." I remark.

"Yeah, we've heard that song before."

"Dean, who was she?"

"Aba-" I get cut off by Dean, being given a look.

"She's the bad guy. Alright new job. Dig up everything Men of Letters have on Knights of Hell."

"Knights of Hell? Sure."

"You find a way to kill one, and I mean permanently, drop a dime."

"Thanks Kevin."

"Where do the coordinates lead to? Saw you putting them into the phone."

"They lead to a spot on the outskirts of Wiche, Oregon. You know this is a trap right?"

"Yup."

"And we're just gonna walk right into it?"

"Guns blazing. You with me?"

"You know it."

"Definitely." I nod.

Kevin in the meantime is in the dungeon, finding files on the Knights of Hell. The lights turn on when he gets there and Crowley notices and realizes it's Kevin.

"Kevin? Kevin I know it's you. Recognize the pitter patter of those little feet anywhere. That's right, run. It's what you do. I understand you're....what's the word? Weak. Hiya Kev."

By the time we get to where the coordinates lead us and when we've had a chance to change, it's daybreak and we find out that the coordinates lead us to an abandoned town.

"Wow, this place is a ghost town." I remark, looking around.

"What happened here?" Dean asks.

"Local chemical plant sprung a leak, years ago. They evacuated 3 square blocks. Guess it's still contaminated."

"What, so this whole place is poison?"

"Lovely. Just what we need. I better not die from being exposed to this." I grumble.

"Yeah, the whole place is poison."

Just then Dean takes his free hand and covers his crotch. I raise an eyebrow in question.

"That's not gonna help."

"Doesn't hurt."

I can't help but snicker a bit as I follow them into the abandoned town. We then pass by a diner and hear a noise. That causes us to draw our guns, well Sam and I of course and we head inside, seeing a girl and a guy tied up, assuming it was Irv and Tracy.

"Dean. We found them." I state as he comes in and starts to get Irv free, while I stand guard by the door and windows.

"Irv? Hey. Where's Abaddon?"

"Abaddon's been torturing hunters. She's trying to get intel on you three."

"Do you know why?"

"I seriously doubt she wants to add you to her Christmas card list. You gonna make with the rescue or what?"

"After you take a shot of holy water."

"Happy?" Tracy asks sarcastically.

"Sorry 'bout that."

"Don't worry about it. The last thing you need is us popping black eyes."

"Tracy right? I'm Sam Winchester."

"Good for you."

"She's new. We did a shifter job in Sacramento together. Smart, got a mouth on her."

"Let's gear up."

"So, what brings you to my boudoir handsome?" Crowley asks Kevin.

"Tell me how to kill a Knight of Hell."

"Abaddon giving you trouble eh? Tell you what, you let me go, and I'll spit-roast the little whore for you. Sound good?"

"You're bluffing. You don't know."

"Oh I know plenty. For example, I know she'd love you. Skinny, submissive, you're just her type."

"Shut up."

"Fine. It's not what you came for anyway, not really. What's on your mind Kevin? You can tell me. We're friends."

"You tortured me."

"I torture all my friends. It's how I show love. I was raised in a dysfunctional home environment."

"You killed my mom!"

"Did I? I mean are you sure? Did you ever see a body? I mean, how can you be sure she's dead?"

That sends Kevin over the edge and he charges at Crowley and hits him in the face with as much rage as he has.

"You can do better than that little man."

That's when Kevin sees the weapons.

"That's right. Let it all out." Crowley encourages and Kevin goes at him again.

"Alright, we got Jesus Juice, guns loaded with devil's trap bullets. Shoot a demon, put them on lockdown. Angel blade works..."

"Dean? They're coming back." I say as we all hear a noise and look out the windows to see the demon soldiers coming back.

"Good."

"They got assault rifles."

"Okay, less good."

"So, what's the play?" Irv asks.

Dean takes out a phone and he records a message and puts it on replay, Come and get it, you dicks!. That's when we high tail it out of there while they think we're inside.

"Alright. We gotta flank Seal Team Douche in there. So Irv, you, me and Brooke will go left and you just go right." Dean says the last part about Sam and Tracy.

"Don't touch me." She says, pushing Sam away.

"Whoa, what's the problem?"

"My family's dead because of him."

"What?"

"How are they dead because of him?" I question.

"I watched a demon slaughter my parents. And the whole time it talked about how it was celebrating. Some dumb kid let Lucifer out of his cage."

"Okay. Alright we gotta move. Uh...the girl's with me. Irv..." He trails off, motioning to him being with Sam, while Tracy, myself and Dean walk off.

Kevin however has just gotten done using whatever weapons he could to hurt Crowley bad for the things he's done to him and his family.

"There. Now that you've felt your feels, maybe we can talk."

"No."

"I'll make this simple Kevin. Let me go, and I'll give you back your mother."

"She's dead."

"Oh she wishes she was. After what I have my heavies do to her, she's begging for it. When have you ever known me to let anyone off easy? Think Sam, Dean and Brooke care about her? Think they care about you? You're just here to serve their needs. Nothing more. You're gonna lose Kevin. Everything. It's just a matter of time. When they're done with you, they'll toss you aside without a second thought because they can. Because they think they're special. And because...well, as always, another prophet waiting in the wings. I'm the one in chains but we're both prisoners here. What's say...you let me go, we'll walk out those doors together. What's say we both win."

"Okay, I think they're still inside. We wait until they come out and we pick them off one by one." Dean says as we round a corner.

"Sounds good to me." I nod.

"Listen, for the record, Sam's not the only guy who thought he was doing right and watched it all go to crap okay?"

"That's just part of being-"

"-being a hunter."

"Being human. Look, you want to be pissed off at Sam, that's fine I get it. But if you want to go after somebody, you make sure that they got black eyes. Gotta know who the real monsters are in the world kid."

"Sam, focused?"

"Yeah."

"Good. Now hand me that toothpick, you, Dean, Brooke and Tracy beat feet out of here."

"What?"

"Going in there alone, buy you as much time as I can."

"Irv that's death."

"Yeah well, from what I got coming...it's my fault Sam. I was sloppy, lonely and I met some girl, and next thing you know, I'm strapped to a bed and she's twisting things that aren't meant to be twisted."

"She who?"

"Abaddon. I gave them up. Pete, Tracy, I gave them all up. So you hand me that blade and you let me do what I gotta do or so help me-" He stops suddenly when he's shot.

Sam shoots at the shooter on the roof, before bursting into the diner, where he's stopped by the other demon soldiers.

"Boo."

Then for us, Abaddon comes out from behind the wall and knocks Dean to the ground. Tracy and I work together and start shooting at Abaddon, but she's not bleeding or anything. That's when she pulls up her shirt to reveal protection against bullets.

"Nice grouping. Kevlar. Beats magic bullets. I love the future."

Dean catches her off guard with a splash of holy water to the face. He then gets up and gives Tracy the keys to the Impala.

"My car's 3 blocks over. Go get more bullets, more holy water, get everything."

"What about you two?"

"Just go, now!"

"Alone at last." Abaddon says as it's just me, her and Dean.

"Not really honey, I'm still here. Hi." I say sarcastically.

"That's right. I forgot about you." She remarks, and before I could act, she flings me into a wall and I end up hitting my head in the process. Not too hard, but hard enough.

"Brooke!"

So with me out of the picture, Abaddon starts to fight with Dean.

"I missed you. Didn't you miss me?"

Sam too was having trouble with the demon soldiers in the diner as well.

"Cool, I didn't miss the best part."

"I still appreciate you boys coming when I call. I think that's what I like most about you Winchesters. You're so obedient, and suicidally stupid. I like that too."

"Are we gonna fight or make out, cause I'm getting some real mixed signals here."

"I want Crowley. Or what's left of him."

"And what's in it for me?"

"I let you die. You give me Crowley's head, and I will snap your neck quick and clean. You won't feel a thing, trust me."

"And if I tell you to get bent?"

"Well, you know, I've loved this body since the moment I first saw it. You're the perfect vessel Dean. You give a girl all sorts of nasty ideas. So go ahead and play hard to get, and I'll peel off this no demons allowed tattoo and blow smoke up your ass."

"Well I'll tell ya, between you and me, it is a horror show up there."

"It can get worse. Trust me. Once I'm on top, I'll make you watch. And I'll use your body. Have you ever felt an infant's blood drip down your chin? Or listen to a girl scream as you rip her guts out, because you will. You and me, and we'll have a grand old time."

Sam is the meantime has just gotten knocked out by getting thrown into a wall.

"Here I thought all you Winchesters were tough."

With that comment, it awakened Ezekiel, and he took out all of the demons himself. Dean and Abaddon had seen the light, from the diner, squinting.

"An angel?"

"What, you think we'd roll up to this mousetrap without some backup?"

She throws him through the glass of a display window and disappears. He moves from the now broken display window and comes over to me to make sure I'm okay.

"Brooke....hey come on. Wake up." He tries to coax me awake.

"....Dean?" I question as I come to, but not opening my eyes yet.

"Yeah it's me."

"Where's Abaddon?"

"She's gone. Are you okay?"

"You know me, I'm strong. But my head hurts." I cringe as I touch the back of it, feeling something wet and I look at my hand to see blood.

"Your bleeding."

"I'll be fine, honestly. Where's Sam?"

"The diner. I think Ezekiel came through and did something. Maybe we can get him to heal your head too. Come on." He says as he helps me to my feet and over to the diner.

As we walk in, Sam or Ezekiel, was just finishing up making it look like the demons were killed with the knife.

"They were going to kill him Dean."

"Ezekiel? What the hell did you do?"

"I was protecting your brother. I thought that was what you wanted."

"Yeah...right yeah, no uh...sorry, I'm just still getting used to this whole thing."

"As am I."

"And Sam's okay?"

"He was knocked unconscious. In a way he still is. Sam will not remember any of this."

"So what the hell am I supposed to tell him when he comes to?"

"That's why I used the knife."

"Right. Smart."

"You're troubled still."

"Yeah, it's just uh...this is on me. I was the one who talked Sam out of boarding up Hell. So every demon deal, every kill that they make, well you're looking at the person that let it happen."

"You were protecting your brother. I am in Sam's head. Everything he knows, I know. And I know that what you did, you did out of love."

"Yeah uh Zeke...I'm gonna call you Zeke. I'm not really with the whole love...and love..."

"But it is why I said yes."

"Yeah and if that goes sideways, it's on me too."

"That's not going to happen."

"This is nuts. I mean, you’re Sam, but you’re not Sam. And normally he’s the one I’m talking to about this stuff. I’m trusting you, Zeke. I just gotta hope that you’re one of the good guys.”

"I am. But I suppose that is what a bad guy would say. Dean Winchester, you are doing the right thing."

"If we're done with the talking here, I think I have some healing to be done over here." I remark from the chair I'm sitting in.

"Right. Zeke, you think you can heal her wound?"

"What happened?" He asks as he comes over to me.

"Abaddon. Kind of flung me into a wall, and I hit my head."

"That won't be too hard to heal." He nods. "Stay still." He demands as he puts a hand on my head and within seconds the wound is healed.

"Thanks Ezekiel."

"Now I shall get in the same position Sam was in before I came through to help. He'll be back in a few." He says as he goes over to the wall and sits on the ground, leaning against it. As we're getting everything packed back up into the gear bag, Sam comes to.

"Sam, Sammy!"

"Dean? What the hell happened?"

"You took a shot to the head, and I came in and saved your ass, as usual."

"You killed three demons? Alone?"

"Well not alone, but we took them by surprise." I remark.

"Got a little messy, I got a little lucky. Oh and uh...I'm awesome so there's that."

"Jeez. You are pretty damn awesome."

Just then Tracy pulls up to the diner in the car, just as we walk out.

"Hey, you okay?"

"Yeah, you?"

"More or less, yeah."

"Good. I got everything, but guess I'm late to the party."

"Lucky you. Let's blow this toxic waste dump. Burgers and silkwood showers on me." Dean says as we all get into the car and leave the abandoned town.

After dropping Tracy off somewhere safe, we headed back to the bunker and it was unusually quiet.

"It's too quiet."

"Kevin!"

"Kevin?"

"Oh no."

That's when we rush to the dungeon, and go to Crowley.

"Who worked you over?"

"Martin Hayward and Brandon Favors."

"They did this to you?"

"No, they're demons. You asked for names, I'm giving you names. They're under performance. Spike them, you're doing me a favor."

"Wow, you break easy."

"Please. Your little plan to have me stew in my own...delicious juices, pathetic. You want intel, I want things too. Maybe we can come to some kind of arrangement."

"So these are what then, freebies?"

"Not at all. Consider them fair trade for the enjoyment that Kevin gave me."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"He's my new favorite toy. Wind him up, watch him go."

"You two check the names, I'll go find the kid."

With that we leave Crowley in the dark....again. Sam and I go check out the names, while Dean catches Kevin trying to leave.

"Where do you think you're going? Hey. Hey hey hey, whoa. Talk to me."

"You can't keep me locked in here. I'm leaving."

"Like hell. Man, we told you not to talk to Crowley okay? He messes with your head."

"He said my mom's alive. He said if I let him go, he'd give her back to me."

"And you believed him?"

"He's still in there isn't he?"

"Crowley's lying."

"If he's not?"

"Well, if she is alive, then she's dead. In every way that matters, she's dead Kevin, I'm sorry. I know you're dying to bolt man, I get it. But out that door, it's demons and it's angels and they would all love to get their hands on a prophet. So even with Crowley here, this is still the safest place for you. It just is. We need you man."

"Cause I'm useful."

"Because you're family. After all the crap we’ve been through, after all the good that you have done. Man, if you don’t think that we would die for you, I don’t know what to tell you. Because you, me, Brooke, Sam and Cas, we are all we’ve got. But hey, if none of that matters to you, then I won't stop you."

It tok some convincing, but Kevin decided to stay. Sam and I had gone into the library to do some research on the names that Crowley gave us.

"Kevin's passed out in one of the back rooms. He's a tough kid. He'll bounce back. What's up with you?"

"Nothing. It's just....what Tracy said about me, she wasn't wrong."

"Sam, listen to me. You have helped a hell of a lot more people than you have hurt. So all of that, that was then, okay? Here's to now."

"So you ready for it? Fallen angels? Abaddon? Cas losing his halo. Crowley in our basement."

"I'm ready for it, that's for sure." I nod.

"It's like we're living in a freaking sitcom. What about you, how's the um...engine running?"

"Honestly um...I feel better than I have in a long time. I realize it's crazy out there and we have trouble coming for us. But I look around and I see friends and family. I am happy with my life for the first time in....forever. I am, I really am. It's just things are...things are good."

"Never better."