‹ Prequel: Reunited...Again
Status: Active

Fallen Angels

Heaven Can't Wait

Rexford, Idaho

There's a man in an old, abandoned building he's made home, listening to a crisis hot line on the phone.

"Sir? Sir can you hear me? Please...please just say something. Are you still there? Keep talking, and I can help you through this. Please sir, if you can hear me, stay on the phone. It may feel hopeless right now, but...but you called the hot line for a reason. There's some part of you that still wants to live...some part that knows suici-" She gets cut off by the man hanging up the phone.

He then opens a drawer and takes out a gun he had there, cocking it and holding it to his head, ready to kill himself. But then he looks at a picture of a woman and child and starts to break down, putting the gun down and back in the drawer. He then hears floorboards creak and turns to see if anyone's there. Another man comes out from hiding.

"Who are you? Did the lady from the hot line send you?"

"No. You did."

He then steps forward and puts a hand over the man's face which ends up lighting up pink. The whole room glows pink and then he explodes.

In the meantime at a gas station, Cas is working, renamed as Steve. He watches two other men in the store as they're getting coffee, mimicking everything they do.

"Morning Steve."

"Bill. High...five."

"Sorry I'm late. I had to drop the baby off at daycare, then hit every red light on the way here, but I guess I shouldn't have worries. Place looks great. Coffee urns."

"Uh, full."

"Dairy case."

"Stocked."

"Okay, Steve, last question. Where have you been all my life? You're not like the other sales associates. There's...something different about you."

"I can assure you there's...there's not."

"I know these things. You're...mm. You're special."

She disappears into the back to get ready to work while Cas takes the top newspaper seeing the headlining story of the man that had blown up the night before.

"That's your big news, is that you translated the tablet into...doodles?" Sam asks Kevin as we're looking at the translations that Kevin gave us.

"Yeah, what is all this anyway, I don't understand it."

"It's Cuneiform. I...I hit a wall translating the tablet into English. But I found an ancient codex linking angel script to proto-elamite cuneiform, and I was able to translate the tablet and the footnotes into elamite, which is..."

"Doodles."

"It's extinct."

"Well, can you read it?"

"No one can. Scholars have tried for centuries."

"So it's a dead end?"

"Great." I sigh as we put down the doodle translations.

"Not quite. Now, most proto-elamite is abstract, but I was able to decipher one phrase from Metatron's footnotes. Falling angels."

"I think we've already got that covered, and it's already happened. "

"Brooke..."

"What? He's just speaking of what's already happened. We want to know how to fix it and put them all back in Heaven." I say, getting frustrated as I sit.

"Just relax alright? We're all frustrated here, and it's going to do no good to get pissed off right now." Dean tries to calm me down.

"So, the footnotes refer to Metatron's spell?" Sam asks.

"Maybe."

"Okay." Sam sighs, before going over to the bookcase and grabbing a few books. "Well, maybe if we can decipher the footnotes, then we can reverse the spell and..."

"Put those winged dicks back to Heaven. Where do we start?"

"Research." Sam states, putting a book down in front of each of us. "We comb through the library, see if we can find anything else on elamite."

"Zimmerman's Encyclopedia of Extinct Languages Volume 1: Adai To Atakapa. How many volumes are there?"

"24. Don't worry, we've got them all."

"Awesome."

Just then, Dean's phone goes off as the rest of us go through the books to look up the elamite.

"There is a god." Dean says jokingly as he answers his phone. "Hello."

"I may have a case for you. Four missing in Rexford, Idaho. Presumed dead, but no bodies have been released to loved ones. And there were reports of a strange substance at the scenes."

"Oh, well, hello to you too Cas. How are you?"

"I...am busy."

"Alright. So how do you want to do this? You want to meet up at the latest scene? You want me to pick you up? What?"

"Um, I've got my hands full over here." He replies as he tries to fix the slushee machine he just basically let all of the blue slushee out of. "I just...um..."

"Cas? Hello?"

"...thought you would want to know about the case." He hangs up so he can fix the problem.

"Hey, are you sure everything's..." Dean says, but there's the click of him hanging up. "Okay."

"So who was that?" I ask as he comes back to the table.

"Come on, you're gonna come with me for this. Pack some stuff up."

"Dean, what's going on? Who was that?"

"Cas." He says as he heads towards the bedrooms.

"Cas?" I ask, causing the three of us to get up and follow.

"So, he said nothing about where he is or...or what he's been doing?"

"This is Cas. In case you forgot, he's not exactly Chatty Cathy."

"And you're not even gonna see him when you're in Idaho?"

"Well like I said, as long as he's catnip for angels, he's keeping his distance."

"So...then what's the point Dean? I mean, it's barely even a case."

"That's why we're just gonna go have a little look-see, and we're not gonna waste a whole lot of manpower on a big pile of nada."

"In other words, a perfect excuse to bail out on research."

"You got me." Dean agrees before we head out the door.

"Hey Steve, I found this in the supply closet. Do you know whose it is?" The woman who walked in earlier asked as she showed Cas the bag of toothpaste and a toothbrush.

"Um...that's mine. Thanks."

"I also found a rolled up sleeping bag behind the tool locker."

"Yes, I wanted to be thorough with inventory, so I worked late last week, and taking a nap here was easier than going back home to my bed. Which I...I have, of course...a bed...and a home."

"Wow Steve. You're so...responsible. I've been afraid to ask. I...I don't want to take advantage of you as my employee, and I certainly don't want to jeopardize our working relationship. But as a working single mom, it's hard enough to get a date, let alone meet a really great guy. And tomorrow's my night off, and I know you're off too, and I was just wondering if there's any change you're...free tomorrow night?"

"Um...yes? Yes."

"You're the best!"

In the meantime after making the trip to Idaho, Dean and I had made our way to the crime scene of where the man disappeared.

"So uh, four missing?" Dean asks as we're lead up to the roped off house to go inside.

"Four dead. Just got confirmation."

"And uh, any common threads you can think of?"

"Well, Joe in there had the suicide hot line on speed dial. The gal before him was a shut in. Had enough antidepressants in her medicine cabinet to stock a pharmacy. The first victims, a married couple out of Sugar City. Pretty much a walking billboard for no fault divorce."

"Were they all basket cases?"

"If you asked me to make a list of this county's saddest sacks, these four would've been right on top."

"Huh."

"Alright, so four unhappy people, one of them definitely suicidal. But you've ruled out suicide?"

"You're gonna want to put these on." He says, giving us gloves and everything to protect ourselves as we walked inside.

"Oh my...what happened in here?"

"This look like suicide to you?"

"Blood?"

"If the tests come back same as the others, it's everything. Blood, skin, hair, nails, internal organs, even clothing fibers...like these poor souls got run through the world's finest wood chipper."

"What about witnesses?"

"Same as the rest. Neighbors reported some kind of a pink flash. By the time we got here, all that was left was...this."

"But pink though? Looks like a powder thing blew up for something. Everything blowing up at once can't cause a pink color right?"

"We honestly don't know."

After poking around the crime scene for a bit, we leave and get back into the Impala, leaving. We stop somewhere to change before stopping at a gas station, which Dean realizes Cas works at. He then calls Sam and asks how the research is going.

"Yea, we're almost through the texts over here. We got nothing."

"Have you tried professor Morrison?"

"Yeah, he's unreachable. He took a sabbatical to live amongst the trobrianders of Papua New Guinea. Needless to say, we're pretty burnt."

"Well, there's one guy there who is nothing if not well rested."

"Crowley?"

"I'm just saying. We're not keeping him chained up for the one liners."

"It's worth a shot I guess."

"Just be careful, alright? Don't fall for any of his quid pro quo crap."

"Noted. So, what about you guys? How's Cas' lead panning out?"

"Four victims suddenly exploded. We tried EMF, we've looked for hex bags, sulfur...nada."

"Spontaneous combustion? Maybe the Thules?"

"No no no. We already ruled them out. The bodies were vaporized. They weren't burned."

"That sounds like a real case. Dean, I should be there."

"No man. That's...that's uh...not necessary. No, I uh...we got this one covered."

"He dumped me, Jace. In the cafeteria. In front of everyone. It's just like...who does that, you know? Like, why couldn't he just dump me on Facebook like a normal person? I've been destroyed. Socially and romantically totaled." A girl at the local high school says as she's on the phone to a friend. "I know. Just so embarrassed Jace. I could just die."

"I can help with that." The man from the night before shows up and he too makes the girl explode, pink going everywhere.

But back at the gas station where we were, Cas was working the register.

"Good day, ma'am." He says after handing a customer her lottery ticket. "And good luck."

Little did Cas know, we were behind her in line, and we had stepped up next once she left.

"I'll have some beef jerky and a pack of menthols."

"What are you two doing here?"

"Gee, it's nice to see you too Cas."

"It's Steve now. And...you...you surprised me."

"Well, the feeling is mutual. I mean, I knew you had to lay low from the angel threat, but uh, wow! This is some cover."

"My grace is gone, what did you expect? Do you have any idea how hard it was? When I fell to Earth, I didn't just lose my powers. I..."

"You what?" I ask.

"I had nothing. Now...I'm a sales associate."

"A sales associate?"

"Hey Steve, sign here." A man comes up with a clipboard.

"I'm responsible for inventory, sales, customer service. I keep this place..."

"Thank you."

"Thank you. Clean and presentable. And when my manager's busy, I even prepare the food."

"Wow. So you went from fighting heavenly battles to nuking taquitos?"

"Nachos too."

"I've been politely asking for reading material for weeks, and this is what you bring me?" Crowley asks as Sam gives him Kevin's doodle translations. "Pass."

"Can you read elamite or not?"

"It's by no means my favorite of the ancient tongues, but yes."

"Will you help us read it?"

"Why on Earth would I?"

"Because I was there that night. I saw what humanity did to you. Like it or not, there's a little part of you that's not a douche."

"Sorry, Moose. To the last drop."

"Crowley, the only reason you're alive is because my brother thought you would be useful. So far you've done jack. Back to plan 'B' I guess."

"Which is?"

"Give you up tp Abaddon."

"You think you can threaten me with that hack?! She's all fury, no finesse."

"I'm not so sure. Our last encounter with Abaddon, she was uh...she was pretty terrifying. Scarier than you've been in years."

"Bring that to me." Crowley says about the translations, and Sam does only for Crowley to crumple it up and throw it in his face.

"This is not you man. You are above this. Come on."

"No Dean. I'm not. I failed at being an angel. Everything I ever attempted came out wrong. But here, at least I have a shot at getting things right. I guess you can't see it. But there's a real dignity in what I do...a human dignity."

"Hate to interrupt you guys, but Steve? Customer had an accident in the men's room."

"I'm on it."

"Oh and tonight...7:00 at my place work for you?"

"Great."

"You're the best!"

"That's what this is about!"

"What?"

"The girl."

"Ooooh, Cas has got a crush on someone." I grin.

"No Dean. It's not. Nora...she's a very nice woman, I'm pretty sure she's not a reaper intent on killing me, and she's asked me out. Going on dates...that's something human do right?"

"Yeah. I mean my dates usually end when I run out of singles, but uh yeah."

I scoff and smack him on the arm.

"Is that one of the reasons why we haven't been on a date in a while?"

Before he could answer though, his phone goes off.

"This is Agent Lee Ermey. We'll be right there. There was another kill over at the high school. You coming Cas?"

"I wouldn't be much use. I don't have my powers."

"So? We've never had powers."

"You two are hunters."

"And you're a hunter in training, remember?"

"Yeah, I remember. You said I sucked."

"I didn't say that. I said that there was uh, uh, you know, room for improvement. Come on."

"Alright, my shift's over in five minutes and my date's not until later so..."

"Attaboy! We'll go get the car."

"Not just yet. I have to clean the bathroom."

After he had cleaned the bathroom, we had gotten the car and Cas got in, then we headed off to the high school. We show our badges to the police so that we could get through and we find the same guy we questioned earlier. Dean and I head there while Cas checks out the pink stuff all over the side of the bus.

"One second we're talking, and the next, she just...stops. And then everyone in the cafeteria freaks, rushing and pointing out the window at...could...could that really be her?"

"And nobody saw anybody else at the scene...a man, a woman, anything unusual?"

The girl just shakes her head.

"Was your friend depressed?" I ask.

"Depressed?"

"Any thoughts of suicide?"

"Ew. No. I mean, she was kind of bummed that dick bag Travis broke up with her in front of the whole school."

"Kind of bummed?"

"Yeah. Like more bummed than when she got a 'C' on a quiz, And...less bummed than when her parents split up. Kind of...bummed."

"Excuse us." Dean says as he gets my attention and we go and find Cas since he had disappeared, and we end up finding him by the car.

"Cas, what's wrong?"

"I've seen this before."

"You have?"

"What? Where?"

"In Heaven."

"An angel did this?"

"It's no ordinary angel. Guys, this is bad. This is very bad."

"What do you mean very bad?" I ask as he gets into the car.

"On the battlefields of Heaven, there was a special class of angel, the Rit Zien. It's Enochian for 'Hands of Mercy'. They functioned like medics. They tended to the wounded. They healed those who could be healed. But for the mortally wounded, those who were past saving, the Rit Zien's job was to put them down."

"But the granulated bodies?"

"This was their special ability. They had this way of smiting that was so quick and so total that it rendered death virtually painless."

"Yeah, but these aren't wounded angels that they're vaporizing, they're people."

"Right. I don't know. The Rit Zien home in on pain, it's like a beacon to them. So when this angel fell to Earth, he heard the victims' cries, their anguish, same as he'd hear an angel's in Heaven. He's continuing his heavenly work down here. One suffering human at a time."

"Yeah, but this last victim was not suffering. She was just a normal, moody kid."

"But he just got here. The ebb and flow of human emotion...Dean, I've been on Earth for a few years, and I've only begun to grasp it. To him, pain is pain."

"So everybody's fair game?"

"Seems so."

"Alright, well we got to stop him."

"You two have to stop him."

"You're scared."

"It's different now Dean. Everything feels different."

"You're right. Alright, we'll track down this uh, Kevorkian wannabe, and we'll put him down."

"Okay."

"You stay safe and go on that date alright? Go live a normal life."

"Okay."

"Well?" Dean asks when Cas doesn't get out.

"I need a ride."

"Right."

"I'll do it. But I want something in return." Crowley says as Sam comes back in, about the translations.

"Yeah, what's that?"

"A telephone call. Come on Moose. Even Dahmer got one telephone call."

"Seriously? You want to let Crowley communicate with Abaddon?" Kevin questions as Sam tells him what Crowley wants, after returning upstairs. "A kind and a power made knight of hell isn't enough for you? Want to throw a demonic team up into the mix?"

"I don't think so. I mean, I don't trust Crowley either. But I can't honesty see him working with Abaddon. He hates her too much."

"You said it. You can't trust him.

"We don't have to. Look Crowley's bound. We end the call whenever we want. Even if he wanted to give Abaddon information, he has none to give her. He doesn't even know where the bunker is."

"He says he can decrypt the translation? What if he's lying?"

"You're right. We're gonna need proof."

"What are these?" Sam asks as they return to Crowley with the translations, sliding one page in front of him.

"Ingredients."

"More specific."

"Ingredients for a spell. Heart of a nephilim. Cupid's bow. Grace of an angel."

"And the rest of them." Kevin says, giving him the rest.

"Phone call. You'll get the rest when I get paid. Now, who's gonna be a dear and open up a vein?"

It's now nightfall and we had arrived at Cas' manager's house, dropping him off for the supposed date.

"Okay."

"Thanks Dean."

"Cas. Wait. I can't let you do this."

"What?"

"What are you talking about Dean? You have to."

"You're gonna wear that on a date?" Dean asks, referring to the vest from work.

"It's all I have."

"Okay. Uh, lose the vest."

"What're you..."

"Lose the vest. Come on. That's a little better. Alright. There we go. Alright. And now your buttons....why don't you unbutton it?"

"Okay."

"Th...that's far enough, Tony Manero. Um...yeah. Good. Alright. Listen to me. Always open the door for her, okay? Ask a lot of questions. They like that. And uh...oh, if she says she's happy to go dutch, she's lying. Alright? Go get 'em, tiger."

Cas breathes deep before getting out and walking up to the front door.

"Well aren't you the sweet one. Giving him the right advice." I grin, leaning over the seat, and then kissing him briefly. "You know when we're all done with this angel problem, you should really take me out on another date. I miss our dates."

"I will remember that. Just like that kiss."

"I'm full of surprises." I grin before climbing into the front seat, watching Cas with him.

He goes up to the front door and then cuts off one of the roses from the plant on the porch.

"Awww."

"Nice touch."

He then shoos us away and Dean finally gets the motion and starts the car and goes to drive off but there's a truck in the way and he's back up.

"What are you doing, jackass?"

"He's getting a little too close..."

"Hey!"

After seeing Dean wave his hand, the guy moves forward a bit and then Dean pulls out and goes down the road.

"Steve! I'm so glad you're here. Come in. I thought I was gonna be late!"

"Late for what?"

"My date. Bowling, would you believe it? But damned if I'm not dressing fancy, even for bowling. Haven't had an excuse to doll up since Tanya was born. And there she is, my little angel. Now, she's already been fed. She'll probably sleep the whole time, and I'll only be gone a couple of hours. I just couldn't get my usual sitter, and I needed somebody here just in case she wakes up and starts crying, which she won't, I promise. Baby Tanya never cries. Wish me luck. Oh, and thank you. You really are the best."

He puts the rose down on the counter and buttons his shirt back up.

"Babysitting." He says before Tanya starts to cry.

"A-bup-bup-bup."

"What?"

"Not yours. His." Crowley motions to Kevin.

"What difference does it make?"

"I'ave had yours. Stuck in here, you can't fault me for wanting a little variety."

"No way!"

"What's wrong, short round? Afraid of needles?"

"No, I just have a policy of not giving blood to anyone who's murdered my mother."

"I have nothing but time."

"You're a dick."

"Good luck with that translation."

Kevin then takes a needle and gets some of his blood for Crowley, and it gets squirted back into a bowl for him.

"Inferni sectatores, nunc audite regem. This is Crowley. Connect me to...Crowley. Bad connection. Crowley. Your king. If you don't connect me to Abaddon right away, I will be forced to..."

"What? What happened?"

"I've been placed on hold."

In the meantime, Tanya is still crying and Cas is kind of anxious and everything.

"Hello? Um...please...please don't. Um...okay." He says, picking her up and holding her.

"Okay, okay. How 'bout...how 'bout a lullaby? Um...okay. Shh. Shh! Look at what's happening to me. I can't believe it myself. Suddenly I'm up on top of the world. It should've been somebody else. Oh, believe it or not, I'm walkin' on air. I never thought I would feel so Free-e-e. Flyin' away on a wing and a prayer. Who could it be? Believe it or not, it's just me. Believe it or not, it's just me. Shh." He finishes as he goes to put her down to sleep, only for her to cry again. "I know, I know."

"Sheriff?" Dean asks as we're driving and his phone rings.

"Now here's a wrinkle. Our first crime scene, married couple? Full analysis of the spray came in from the lab. Turns out it only contains the wife's DNA.

"The husband's still out there." Dean states as he hangs up and then turns the car around.

"What's wrong?"

"Apparently the husband of that married couple is still out there. In the pink spray, it only found the wife's DNA."

"Nobody told you. Nobody explained. You're just shoved out kicking and screaming into this human life, without any idea why any of it feels the way it feels, or why this confusion, which feels like it's hair's breadth from terror or pain. You know, just when you think you do understand, it'l turn out you're wrong. You didn't understand anything at all. Guess that's just how it is when you're new at this. You know, it wasn't that long ago when all I'd need to do to ease your pain was touch you. You're very warm. Is that normal? Oh. Shh. Shh. Shh. Shh."

"He was already a bit screwy, but then he found religion. She was a hard line atheist, no peach herself. When he got himself obsessed with this Buddy Boyle whack job, an already bad marriage got worse. Kept telling to 'let God in'."

"Buddy Boyle. That explains it."

"Explains what?"

"Never mind, let's see. Is that his truck?" Dean asks looking at a picture he found of them.

"Yep."

"Cas." Dean states throwing the picture down and quickly hurrying out of there.

I thank the sheriff for his time and quickly follow behind.

"Dean? What's wrong now?"

"Cas is in danger. Let's go."

"What do you mean in danger, what's..."

"Just come on!"

"Nora, she's hot. She's really hot. Please just call...call me. Call...call back. If I don't hear back, I'm taking her to the hospital. Okay Tanya, we're taking a little walk." Cas says, leaving with her, but when he opens the front door, there's the man with the truck.

"Hello, Castiel. No wonder she cries."

"It's a fever, Ephraim. It will pass."

"You remember my name? I was just a nobody when we met, but you...you were a legend. You've been here before. This is my first time, and it's...intense."

"I know there's a lot you don't understand about humanity at first, but if you would just stop..."

"Stop? I won't stop. Until I wash the planet clean of all suffering. Allow me."

"Don't...touch...her."

"You think I came for her? No Castiel. I came for you."

"How long's it gonna take to transfer a demonic phone call?" Sam asks Crowley, getting impatient.

"Can it, Moose."

"Crowley, you got your call."

"Yeah, it's time."

"It's time when I bloody well say it's time! Hello Abaddon."

"Crowley, how in the hell are you?"

"So much pain and despair, so many voices begging out for relief." Ephraim explains.

"How'd you find me?"

"Because you're warded? The same way I find all my patients...I just followed the sound of your pain. You have no idea how loud it is. I could hear you for miles."

"Do you really think you're doing Heaven's work down here?"

"I know I am."

"You're wrong. Earth can be a hard place. But these humans, they can get better. They're just doing the best they can."

"Is that what you think you're doing Castiel...the best you can? Well I'm sorry. But if this is the best that the famed Castiel can do, you're a more urgent case than I thought. I used to admire you. You failed more often than you succeeded. But at least you played big."

He notices the symbol he was writing in blood on the door, and snatches his hand.

"Now what are you doing? Burying your head in the sand? Right when your kind needs you the most."

"How are the numbers?" Crowley asks Abaddon.

"You mean souls? I've managed to double on your projections. Now, how did I ever pull off such a feat?"

"You're taking souls before their time. Voiding my contracts."

"That's right. I'm taking it all down. Brick by brick. It's over. The days of Crowley, the king of bureaucrats, are done."

"Shhh. It'll be over soon. I'll take the pain away." Ephraim says to Cas.

"I want to live."

"But as what, Castiel? As an angel or a man?"

That's when Dean bursts through the door, and gets taken out.

"Dean!"

"Don't worry about me. Protect the baby." He says as we hear Tanya crying.

I go to do so, but I'm taken out as well.

"You..putrescent..skanger." Crowley insults Abaddon.

"It may look like bean counting to you, it may lack a certain adolescent flair, but my way...works! You think you can control Hell with chaos alone, without the support of those who are still loyal to me?!"

"No one's seen you in weeks, and last I saw you, howdy and doody had you tied up nice and tight. Seems to reason, they've turned you into a kennel dog. How does it feel Crowley, to be the Winchesters' bitch? It's been fun indulging in your bluffs, but we both know you have no real authority left, no leverage, you have nothing to offer me. You have nothing."

"Your way will backfire. You will burn."

"I can't wait."

With that, the conversation was over.

"Crowley?"

"Bring me the translations. I keep my agreements. Obtain the ingredients...heart, bow, grace. Blah, blah, blah. Mix until the smoke shall rise from the ashes casting the angels from Heaven. Blah, blah...oh. Hm. It's irreversible."

"What?"

"The spell can't be undone. The new world order...we're stuck with it."

"You say you want to live, but you can't see what I see. By choosing a human life, you've already given up. You chose death." Ephraim states before starting to kill him.

"No!" I exclaim and rush over the best I can and kill Ephraim myself.

After the ordeal, we got rid of the body and clean up a bit before Nora would come home. After everything was set, Dean and I went outside, just as Dean's phone went off and it was Sam.

"Well, there's no way. Crowley's lying."

"No Dean, not this time. Look, Metatron built the spell with no intentions to reverse it. There's no putting the angels back in Heaven. It's done. Are you gonna tell Cas?"

"I'm uh sorry. I overreacted. My friend gave me a tip. A low does of Acetaminophen brought the fever right down."

"Oh, that's okay. Date was a bust anyway. Steve? The part of you that overreacted, that cares so much? That's what makes you special."

"I got to go." Dean says as Cas comes back to the car. "Where to Cas?"

He says nothing as he gets into the car. Sam in the meantime dumps the blood and washes it down the sink. That's when he notices the package of needles. He opens it and sees ones missing, before heading back into the dungeon to see Crowley injecting himself. The next morning, we drop Cas off at the gas station.

"Listen Cas, back at the bunker, I uh...sorry I told you to go. I know it's been hard on you, you know, on your own. Somehow you're adapting. I'm proud of you."

"Thank you Dean. But there's something the Ephraim said. The angels...they need help. Can I really sit this out? Shouldn't I be searching for a way to get home?"

"Me, Sam and Brooke, we'll take care of the angels. You're human now. It's not your problem anymore."

Cas then gets out of the car, waves slightly to us and then we pull off after he goes inside, resuming his sales associate job.