Everlong

This is me weak.

Alex hopped in my car after work and flashed a big smile at me. I laughed to myself and started the car. I also forgot to turn my music down this morning so Of Mice and Men came blasting through my speakers. I jumped and turned the volume down quickly. Alex reached over and turned it back up and smiled even wider(if at all possible).

"This is my favorite band!" he shouted over the music.

"Sweet!" I yelled back and started singing along.

We jammed all the way back to my apartment, which was only 10 minutes away. I opened the door slowly and called out for Sam.

"Decency check!"

"We're clear!"

I laughed and motioned for Alex to come in. My cat, Snow, came running when she heard my voice.

"Oh my god!" Alex squealed like a little girl.

I gave him and funny look and passed my whining cat to him. He cooed at her for about 5 minutes before Sam came into the living room to investigate.

"Sam, this is Alex. Say helloooooooooo."

"Sup?" She said and gave a head nod.

Alex nodded back and laughed.

"Well, I'm heading to granny's for a bit. She's being all loopy again." Sam told me.

I nodded at her and told her I would see her later.

"Make good choices!" she yelled as she walked out the door.

I laughed and brought Alex into my room.

"This is where I sleep." I said.

He took a long look around the room and commented on all my posters.

"I literally love all of these bands so much. Who knew you'd have good taste?" he said with a wink.

My jaw dropped, but I couldn't help but smile. He wasn't so bad. He took his shoes off and made himself comfortable on my bed. I stared at him with an eyebrow raised, and he just patted the spot next to him. I climbed on the bed and made myself a little nest and prepared myself for the questions to come.

"So about that story..." he started.

I shook my head. He wasn't getting off that easy. No one just walks into my life that way. I made that mistake once before and that's how my story began, but he can't know that just yet. He has to know he can't just expect me to tell him every detail of my life because he asked me to. I don't work that way. I refuse to let someone get that close to me again.

"How about a game of 20 questions?" I suggested.

He sighed heavily, but agreed in the end. I found out that his favorite color is black(surprise, surprise), he's pansexual(parts don't matter), he loves the same bands that I do, and that he wants to be a mortician. I can't even be creeped out about the last part because I'd like to go into the beauty industry and put makeup on corpses for a living. We ended up discussing death and mortuary shit for about an hour and a half.

"Hahahaha you're actually one of the most interesting people I've ever met." I told him after he told me about his friends back home.

"Thank you. That's really awesome, and same to you. It's nice finally meeting someone here that isn't a complete dipshit."

I laughed at the way he said a few words and realized that he was hiding an accent.

"Where are you from?"

"I told you, Ohio." he said.

I glared at him for a second and thought really hard. I've heard this accent cover up before, but where?

"Aha! England!" I shouted triumphantly.

He looked surprised that I caught it so quickly.

"How did you know?" he asked in defeat.

"I have another friend from there. He tries to hide his accent all the time."

He nodded with a sly smile on his face. I ignored him for a minute and asked if he was hungry.

"I'm always hungry." he laughed.

"I'll make dinner."

"Sweet." he replied and followed me into the kitchen.

He's actually kind of awesome.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's short!