Love Can Stop Time

Chapter 10

"Is that Kevin holding hands with a girl?" some kid whispered as the students stared after Kevin and Elizabeth as they walked down the halls together at school. "Isn't that that Elizabeth girl? You know, the one that stunned us the first day. I thought she was going out with Paul." The stares and comments made Elizabeth a little tense, but being with Kevin seemed to make everything all right. She was sure that even if there was a major natural disaster she would be fine as long as she had Kevin by her side. He would drop her off at class and be waiting for her after the bell had rung. When she walked inside the music room after Kevin had dropped her off she saw Emily smiling and waiting for her.

"I knew you two were going to get together," Emily said with a wide smile that filled her entire face. "So when did it happen?" "When did what happen?" Elizabeth asked. "You guys being together. Have you kissed him yet?" Emily questioned quite curiously. "Yesterday, I guess," Elizabeth replied with a blush. "We haven't kissed yet." "Knowing Kevin it'll happen sometime special," Emily nodded. "He's such a romantic, just like Jason. You know, we started going out six years ago in December and he wouldn't kiss me until it was a night that it was snowing. Even for a freshman, he knew that he wanted our first kiss to be special and Kevin is the same way." Elizabeth smiled when she saw the image of Kevin and herself standing close together with the white of the snowflakes falling all around, the warmth of their close bodies banishing the cold. "Well, it's almost November so don't worry about it. Kevin probably already has it planned out in his mind," Emily said. Elizabeth nodded and class began.

After school Kevin and Elizabeth went home, Elizabeth to her room to do homework and Kevin to the living room to read for English. Kay walked in the door as Kevin finished the last chapter he had to read for the nest day. "So, how was your first day officially together?" Kay asked as she bounced down on the couch next to Kevin. "Way too many questions," Kevin said as he rubbed his temples. "I didn't think that we were such a novelty separate that together we would become a giant one." "Well, Elizabeth is the amazingly beautiful girl that appeared out of nowhere and you are the gorgeous guy that would never give a girl the time of day, of course both of you being together is going to make people notice," Kay giggled. "I just didn't think people would notice that much. I mean, I knew Elizabeth was noticeable, but not me," Kevin replied.

"Anyways, have you kissed her yet?" Kay asked as she leaned in, not wanting anyone else to hear. "Not yet," Kevin said, feeling the heat on his cheeks. "I want it to be special. It would have been Saturday night if Paul's drunk ass wouldn't have interrupted." "you tried to kiss her Saturday while she was on a date with another man?" Kay asked, aghast. "I didn't know you had it in you." "He wasn't paying attention to her anyways," Kevin retorted. "I'll have to figure out something." "You and Jason, always so romantic. No wonder you've never had a girlfriend, you hung out with Jason so much that you've always been waiting for the perfect one," Kay said with a sigh. "Good thing she was kidnapped from another time by our father or you would have never gotten married and then what would mother have said." "Just because I only wanted the one instead of all the other ones doesn't mean that I was going to end up single for the rest of my life," Kevin shot back, pouting a little. "Now, when should I do it?"

"Oh, kiss her in the rain!" Kay cried as she leaned back on the couch. "I've always wanted to get kissed in the rain, but when it rains Andrew is either not with me or it's raining too hard." "No way, that's way to cliche," Kevin said as he placed his hand on his chin in thought. "I don't want to take Jason's idea of snow. Oh, I know! I'll do it on New Year's at the fireworks show!" "But, that's not for two months! I know Elizabeth has no idea on what she's missing out on, but you know exactly," Kay said, not able to believe that her younger brother wanted to wait so long for the "perfect" moment. "I can do it Kay," Kevin stated with a determined look at his sister. "Not only is it our first kiss, but it's her first kiss period. I want it to be really special for her." "Alright, if you're sure you can, but at least use the rain as a back up plan," Kay said as she got up from the couch. "You might just get a little anxious and have to use it." "Whatever Kay, I can do it," Kevin said as he went upstairs to get Elizabeth for dinner.

"So, what do you want to do tomorrow night?" Kevin asked Elizabeth that Thursday night while they were sitting on the swing in the backyard. Elizabeth thought about what she had talked to Emily all week. They had debated between movies, dinner, and just walking around. They had finally decided that Kevin should take her out to dinner and then they could walked around afterward. "Dinner, anywhere you want to take me," Elizabeth replied as she stared into his green eyes, they reminded her of the forests back home and she loved the small golden specks that were scattered throughout them. "Alright, I'll take you to that little Italian place that you like," Kevin said with a smile. Elizabeth smiled and took his hands into hers.

the next day Kevin "picked up" Elizabeth for their date around seven. After eating they walked around the park and then went home. When they reached the door Kevin looked down at Elizabeth and caught her eyes in his gaze. they were like pools of ocean water and Kevin found himself being sucked into them. The next thing he knew he was bending down towards Elizabeth's face. Elizabeth was shocked when he began bending towards her, not feeling that this moment was special by any means, but she was ready to take any kiss from Kevin. Kevin stopped himself inches from her lips and kissed the tip of her nose instead. "You'll have to wait for that," Kevin said with a smile as he pulled his face away from her. Elizabeth looked shocked for a moment and then glared at him. "Tease," she said as she walked inside the door and flopped on the couch. "You know you love it," Kevin said as he pulled Elizabeth to his chest, resting his chin on the top of her head. "Maybe I do," Elizabeth whispered, hoping that Kevin didn't hear and that he wouldn't see the blush on her cheeks.

The months past and Kevin and Elizabeth became closer. There had been many almost kisses, but Kevin had always kept his resolve and didn't let it happen. Then November and Thanksgiving came, which meant that Dr. Fitzgerald would be coming. "Elizabeth, get up," Kay said as she shook Elizabeth awake. "What?" Elizabeth asked groggily as she sat up in bed. "Quick, get dressed and meet me in my room," Kay said as she walked quickly out of the room. Elizabeth just stared after her for a moment before she put on some clothes and walked over to Kay's room. "What's up?" Elizabeth asked as Kay pulled her over to the vanity and began applying massive amounts of makeup to Elizabeth's face. "And what's with the makeup? I'm going to look like a doll." "No you won't, I'm only putting on enough to change your completion," Kay said as she began applying eyeliner. "Our dad's coming for Thanksgiving today and we can't have you go with anyone else because they're spending the day with their families so we have to disguise you." Elizabeth's eyes widened and she sat silently, letting Kay work her magic.

After Kay had applied the disguise they both walked down to the dinning room where the rest of the family was waiting for Dr. Fitzgerald to arrive. Kevin was pacing back and forth, scared and nervous at the same time. If his father realized who Elizabeth was he would find a way to get her back and Kevin didn't know what he could do to save her. He knew he would do what ever he could, but he didn't know what. When he saw Elizabeth and Kay walk down the stairs he saw that Kay had put makeup on her and she looked slightly different, but was it enough to fool their father. Then the doorbell rang and Kat went to answer it. "Quick think up a last name, and not a generic one like Smith," Kevin whispered to Kay as his mother opened the door. "Wentz," Kay replied almost immediately. "Elizabeth Wentz?" Kevin asked suspiciously, now his father was going to think this girl was related to fame.

"Pete Wentz was the first thing that came to mind," Kay answered apologetically but turned to smile happily when her father walked into the room. "Daddy!" Jessica shouted as she jumped into Peter Fitzgerald's arms. "Hey baby!" he cried as he scooped her up into a giant bear hug. He smiled at his disconnected family until he laid eyes on Elizabeth. "Who might this young lady be?" he asked as he looked at her face, something about her was vaguely familiar but he couldn't place it. "Um, this is Elizabeth Wentz, my girlfriend," Kevin said as he wrapped his arm protectively around her waist. Elizabeth smiled at the doctor, hoping that he couldn't see the fear hidden in her eyes. "It's nice to meet you Elizabeth. Good to know my son has it in him to find a looker," Peter said as he went to take his place at the table, not even noticing the famous last name. "Let's just hope he won't notice anything weird," Kay whispered as they all sat down at the table.