Love Can Stop Time

Chapter 9

As soon as they arrived at Kevin's house Elizabeth raced out of the car and straight up to her room. Kevin followed slowly after her, but instead of going to his room he sat down on the couch in the living room. He sat there quietly and the dance with Elizabeth replayed through his head over and over. He placed his head into his hands and whispered quietly, "What's going to happen now?"

Meanwhile, Elizabeth laid in her bed, the dance with Kevin also running through her thoughts. Every time her mind swept past her almost kiss with Kevin her heart fluttered in her chest. She placed a hand upon her still pattering heart and breathed in deeply. "What's happening?" she asked herself out loud, she had never felt like this before. Sure, she had had crushes on some of the young knights that had come to her father's court, but nothing like this. this was something stronger, deeper than anything she had ever felt before.

Elizabeth slid off her shoes and crawled under the covers. She closed her eyes, trying to sleep, but her thudding heart wouldn't let her rest. She groaned and rolled over onto her stomach and rested her face on her pillow. "Will we still be the same in the morning?" she whispered silently. Soon her heart slowed and she drifted off to sleep.

The next morning Kay came in to wake up Elizabeth. "Morning sunshine," Kay said as she flopped onto the bed next to Elizabeth's sleeping form. Elizabeth slowly rolled over to look at Kay. "What?" she asked groggily. "What happened last night? Did you get lucky?" Kay asked jokingly, knowing that Elizabeth had no idea what "lucky" meant. Elizabeth looked curiously at Kay and unsurely whispered, "No?" "That's good, wouldn't want you two to be making any babies now would we," Kay said with a good natured laugh. Elizabeth's face flushed bright red; she hadn't even kissed a man, let alone been in bed with one. Kay smirked and the younger girl's innocence.

"So, why is Kevin sleeping on the couch instead of his bed?" Kay asked as she got up from the bed and stretched. "Kevin's on the couch?" Elizabeth questioned as she sat up in the bed. She had thought that he had gone to bed after she had rushed up to her room. but, Kevin had fallen asleep on the couch thinking of Elizabeth. "Yeah, did you two have a fight or something?" Kay asked as she looked through Elizabeth's closet and then threw her a pair of sweats and a baggy t-shirt. "Not that I can think of," Elizabeth said as she looked from the clothes to Kay, wondering why Kay had thrown them at her if she was already in her pajamas. Kay pointed at Elizabeth and she looked down, she then noticed that she was still wearing her dress. "Thanks," Elizabeth whispered quietly as Kay left the room smiling, she went to sit in the hallway to wait for Elizabeth to change.

Elizabeth changed into the clothes that Kay had placed on her bed and then walked to look at herself in the mirror. Her hair was a mess and the makeup that Emily had put on her the night before was slightly smeared on her face. "No wonder Kay kept smiling at me," Elizabeth sighed as she pulled a wet wipe from one of the drawers and began wiping off the makeup. "I guess I'll have to clean up a bit before I go downstairs for breakfast." After cleaning off her makeup and brushing her hair Elizabeth placed her hair in a ponytail and walked out into the hall to go downstairs with Kay.

When they reached the bottom of the stairs they saw that Kevin was still on the couch. His steady breathing revealed that he was still fast asleep. Elizabeth smiled as she gazed upon his peaceful face. But, then her eyes found his lips and her heart started thumping in her chest again. he rolled over and a small sigh escaped from his lips. "I'm going to go help Mom get breakfast ready," Kay said as she started moving towards the kitchen. "I'll yell when it's done." Elizabeth only nodded, unable to take her eyes off of Kevin's sleeping form.

As soon as she felt Kay leave the room she slowly moved forward. She didn't know why but she had the urge to touch the sleeping boy. She reached the couch and slowly moved her hand towards Kevin's face. The closer she got the more hesitant she felt. but, a few inches from his face she stopped and pulled back a little. Do I really want to do this? Elizabeth thought to herself as she moved those las few inches and placed her hand upon Kevin's cheek. He smiled and sighed, moving his face into her hand. Then he placed his hand on hers, holding it closer to his cheek.

Suddenly his eyes shot open and he looked at Elizabeth. He looked surprised at first, but then his expression softened into a smile. "Good morning," he whispered as he released her hand. But, Elizabeth kept her hand in place and, with a sudden urge from somewhere deep inside, kissed Kevin softly on the forehead. "Good morning," she replied quietly as she took her hand off of Kevin's cheek. Kevin's smile widened and he sat up on the couch. He patted the newly oped space next to him and Elizabeth sat down. "Does this mean?" he asked as he placed his hand on top of hers. Even though he had asked on of the vaguest questions Elizabeth had ever been asked she knew the exact meaning. "I think it does," she answered with a blush and took his hand into hers. His eyes began to twinkle and he placed his open hand upon her cheek.

"and just what are you two doing?" Kay asked as she walked in from the kitchen. The two shot apart, both blushing deep red. "Time for breakfast, lovebirds," she said as she walked back into the kitchen with a huge grin on her face. After Kay left Kevin turned back to Elizabeth with a shy smile on his face. He took her hand back in his and got up from the couch. They both walked into the kitchen hand in hand. When they walked in everyone was smiling except Jessica, she had a suspicious look upon her face. "Why is Kevin holding Lizzy's hand?" Jessica asked suspiciously. "Well, I think Kevin and Elizabeth like each other," Kat said as she smiled at her only son. "NO! You can't Lizzy!" Jessica shrieked as she ran to pull Elizabeth's hand out of Kevin's. "He'll give you cooties and you'll die!" "Well, let me fix that," Kay said as she rushed forward to save the day. "Circle, circle, dot, dot. Now you've got your cootie shot." After seeing her older sister perform the "medical" treatment Jessica wiped her brow and let out a heavy sigh.

"Now that Kay gave you your shot you can hold hands," Jessica said approvingly and went back to her seat. Elizabeth giggled and Kevin smiled at his younger sister's antic. "Then you wouldn't mind if I did this," Kevin said as he wrapped his arm around Elizabeth's waist. He pulled her closer to him and kissed her cheek. Elizabeth blushed and Jessica's jaw dropped. "I didn't say you could do that!" Jessica cried as she ran to her mother. "Make him stop before he kills Lizzy!" "Alright, that's enough PDA in front of your little sister, Kevin," Kat said with a smile as she patted Jessica's head. "Alright," Kevin said as eh sat down at the table. Elizabeth smiled at the small girl and took her normal seat beside Kevin. Jessica glared at Kevin as she sat on Elizabeth's other side.

The next day was going to be a real doozey with the kids at school. As soon as Kevin exited the house with Elizabeth he grabbed her hand and kissed her on the cheek. Elizabeth smiled and in return kissed his cheek. He smiled and moved his mouth next to her ear and whispered, "Friday night I'm going to take you out. Anywhere you want. Think about it and let me know Thursday." Elizabeth smiled and nodded. They walked off to school, hands intertwined.