Beauty and the Beast Turned Inside Out and Upside Down

Chapter 1

Well, you've all heard the story of beauty and the Beast. How a beautiful country girl gets captured by an enchanted beast, but in the end falls madly in love with him, breaks his curse, and the beast turns into a handsome prince. Well, let me tell you this right now, this story is nothing like that. Sure, there's a handsome prince, an enchanting spell, and a beast, but everything's not as it seems.

Prince Charming was Charles Maguire, Charlie for short. He was the most popular and gorgeous guy in the school. His golden waves and ocean blues could make any girl go into cardiac arrest. He was also the star quarterback for our school's football team. he had sent Morington High to two state championships in a row. His only fault, if you could count it as his, was his girlfriend. Shelia Stevens was the head cheerleader and had Charlie wrapped around her finger. I wish I oculd say that she was the beast in the story, but sadly she was the closest thing to the beautiful country girl.

Actually, the beast in the story was me, Bella Conard. My full name is Belladonna, it means beautiful woman in Italian. My mom is from Italy so that explains the Italian, but the meaning is all my dad. He's an English professor at the local community college. He is completely obsessed with fairy tales and romance; he'd always had it in mind to name his daughter after the heroine of Beauty and the Beast, Belle. When he married my mom and discovered the Italian word for beautiful woman he fell in love and my name came into being. The only problem was that I didn't match my beautiful name.

My hair was in between blonde and brown, not dirty blonde and not light brown; it was something completely different. It was curly, but uncontrolable. I almost broke my hairbrush once on one of its bad days and no hair treatments seemed to work. and, my eyes we brown, plain, dull brown, and they wee small and squinty. My face was covered in freckles and I still had braces my senior year. I wore glasses because every time I had tried to put contacts in I almost poked my eyes out. As for my body, there was nothing. I was a toothpick with no chest. I maybe wore a large A, but that was as big as they got.the enchanting spell that happened to be over me was my own awkwardness and the life of being a teenager in high school. I was the most awkward teenager in our school and no one knew my name, except for Phillip.

Phillip Martin was my best friend; we'd been together since third grade. he had short, curly brown hair and blue eyes so light that they almost looked grey. He could have hung out with the popular kids, he was on the basketball and baseball teams and he ran for cross country. He had girls hanging on him so much that he was only second to Charlie, but instead of choosing a girlfriend and being with the popular kids he chose to hang out with me, his best friend and local freak of the school. I wish I could say that there was more than just Philip, but there wasn't. IHe was my one and only and I was fine with that, I didn't need anyone but him.

Well, maybe he was the one and only, but I had the hughest crush on Charlie since freshman year that didn't leave until my senior. That year I had decided to stop being the freak of the shcool and become a somebody. I wanted to be on top instead of bottom and that was my year to do it. this is my fairy tale. This is how my happy ending came to be.