Stranger

Chapter 1

"There is a stranger in my house. Im glad my mom convinced me to meet him. After a year of her constantly telling me I should meet him I decided it couldnt hurt anything. I dont really know how to feel about him yet. I just hope we get along well. We have a lot of things we dont agree on. I just hope that doesnt interfere with our bond. I really hope everything goes well. I dont know what to do. I have never really been in this situation before. He seems nice and a gentleman. I think we are going to get along good. Well that is if he sticks around long enough.." I close my diary and smile and put it on the bookshelf across my room. I lay in my bed and stare at my ceiling as I drift off to sleep.

**The Next Morning**
I wake up to my phone ringing. "It's only 8:30, who th- ITS 12:00 already!" I yell and quickly answer my phone. "Hello?" I say with hesitation. "Hey, get up sleepy head. Im going to take you shopping today." A geeky voice says on the other line. I smile as I get up and make my way down the narrow steps "I have to get ready" "Okay I will be over in an hour." he says ending the call. I frown and put my phone back in my pocket. He didnt have to hang up on me. Im not going to let that ruin my mood today. I grab a bowl and the Frosted Flakes. I pour some in the bowl and get a spoon and the milk out as my mom comes up the stairs. "Who was that?" she asks. "Huh? Oh that was just Rick. He is taking me shopping somewhere." I say smiling at her. "Okay Shay, just be careful." she says looking at me with a concerned look on her face. "Mom I will be fine." I say rolling my eyes. She always worries about me too much. I am 16 that is basically grown. I eat my cereal and put my bowl in the sink. I quickly run back upstairs and get in the shower. The shower was my place. The place I could think and get my mind off things. I get out the shower and go to my room wrapped in a towel. I put some shorts and a tee on and go back downstairs. I walk in the living room as my mom is picking up my shoes. I grab them from her and put them on. She hands me some money. "Why do I need money if he is taking me shopping? "I ask as I look up at her. "Its for emergencies only Shae. You hear me, emergencies." she says as she puts the money in my palm and closes my hand over it. "Okay okay mom." I say as I sit on the couch and wait anxiously for Rick to pull up. "Is your phone charged? Do you have mace? Do you know the number to 911?" my mother askes looking at me like she is dead ass serious. "Yes I will be fine. I can take care of myself mom." I say as I look out the window. My mother worries about me a lot, but even this was a little much for her. I wonder why she is worrying so much.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment
Subscribe
Recommend
Tell your friends
Why is Shae's mom worried so much? Tell me what you think in the comments
Read me and my girlfriend's story called Find Your Love