Stranger

Chapter 2

Dear dairy,
Shopping with Rick was really fun! We went to a lot of different places. We bought shoes, clothes, purses, we even went out to Red Lobster afterwards! I got a new purse! Its so pretty! Its got purple rhinestones on it. So do my new shoes! They would go so good together. Rick wants to take me to prom, but I dont know how my mom will feel about it. She barely let me go shopping with him and even then she almost had a heart attack. I dont know why she was worried so much. He was actually pretty nice. He held the door for me, he brought me flowers, he even said I was gorgeous. I dont believe that, but hearing it from him meant a lot to me. I thought he was going to be the worst guy in the world, but he wasnt. He wasnt like that at all. I mean yeah he made his mistakes in the past, but I think he understood what he did was wrong. I like him I think he is a good person. We are going out to Olive Garden tomorrow then we are going to go play baseball. I have never really played any sports, but he said he was going to teach me. I have never really had an interest in sports, but I want to impress him. I know I shouldnt be tring to impress him, but I do. Im excited but kinda nervous at the same time. I dont want to mess up, I want to look like I know what Im doing. Well until next time..

I put my diary under my bed and go downstairs. I start to ask my mom why she was so worried about me spending time with Rick, but she was already having a bad day so I didnt want to make it worse. I looked at her laying on the couch and got her some water and medicine. She looked at me and smiled and she took the medicine. I walk in the kitchen to cook dinner for us and there was a letter for me. It was from a college. I quickly open it and read the letter. I start to yell but then I see my mom falling asleep so I hold my scream in. It was an acceptance letter from a college I have been wanting to go to since I was little. I get out my phone and start texting Rick the good news. I look at the time it was 2 in the morning so he will probably see it tomorrow morning. I make something small for me to eat and watch tv. After I was done eating I went to the bathroom to take a shower. I let the water run down my body as I think about everything that has happened in the past week. "Everything is going well for me" I say as I smile. I turn the water off and get dressed. I go back downstairs to check on my mom, she was fast asleep. I kiss her head and whisper that I love her. I pulled the blanket up on her and lock all the doors. I go upstairs to my room and lay on my bed and start to think about how to play baseball as I drift off to sleep.