Stranger

Chapter 4

My mom was right to kick Rick out. He was abusive and I didn't like it. I somehow ended up in my bed last night. I go downstairs and see my mom up cooking breakfast. "Mom what are you doing? That's my job." I say as I try to take over for her. "No you sit down and relax cause we need to talk." She replies forcing me to sit down. I look at her as she puts a plate of food in front of me. I couldn't eat, my mind kept wondering to other places. "Your father well Rick is a bad man" she told me like I was nine. I didn't respond and played with my food as she continued. "He was an alcoholic and an abusive man." She was crying now and I didn't know how to comfort her. I slowly reached for her hand and let her continue. "I couldn't have him around you like that so I kicked him out. He said he changed and I was too stupid to see that he didn't. I should have know he wasnt going to change. I just wanted you to know him instead if going through life not knowing who your real father is." I get up and hug her "Mom it's okay, it's not your fault" I give her a tissue to wipe her eyes. We stay there for three minutes just hugging. I think she needed it more than I did. Yeah I was physically hurt right now but she went through that for years and no one was there to help her. No one was there to listen to her cry or listen to what she had to say. I had to do something about this. I pick up the phone and start to call the police but something tells me to hang it up. Something tells me to take matters into my own hands. I need to handle this on my own. He obviously took matters into his own hands when he didnt like something my mom said or did. I walk to the garage and turn the light on. "Its been ages since someone has been in here" I say aloud to myself. I go get the tool box and bring it outside into the light. After I get the tools I get into my mom's car and drive off. "What am I doing? Im a girl. There is no way im going to be able to even get close to him. He is bigger, taller, older." I come to a stop at the baseball park. I get out a sheet of paper and start to write everything on my mind.

Dear Stranger,
I met a stranger who changed my life forever. At first I was scared and timid. But then my mind opened up. My walls started falling down I let my guard down for this stranger. This stranger that ended up being my father. I thought we were getting to know each other over the past few days but I guess not. I guess those few days meant nothing to you huh? Well they meant a lot to me. You made me hate you over a few hours. I wish I could go back in time and wish mom never met you but then I would have never been born. I wish I could say meeting you was the best thing ever. But after you hurt me, I dont want anything to do with you. It hurts. Finally I saw your true colors. What was I suppose to do, just let you keep hitting me? Hell no. Over the past few days people have been telling me I have changed and that is probably true. But they dont know me no one knows me, hell I dont even know me yet. But just so you know I dont need you in my life. Momma doesnt need you in her life. We are doing just fine without you and we will continue doing good without you throughout our life. Im going to be successful whether you are ion my life or not. You will see a part of me you have never seen before, but that shouldnt surprise you because you havent seen the real me. Just wait and I promise you will see. Just wait till its time and when it is time you will see so much you wont be able to stand it. Stranger wait until people get a chance to get to know you and see the real you. You see I already figured you out. You probably the type of guy that sneaks and creeps around but when you get home you hit your woman. You dont understand how much you hurt me. Even if it was way back then, I had to live without you. But you not being there showed me who my real father was and still is to this day, Mom. I cant trust you or hell even anyone anymore and that has left a big hole in my heart. And that hole will never go away. I wish I could go back in time and never meet you.
Sincerely,
Your daughter

I put the note next to the mound where we played the night before. i wipe the tears falling from my cheeks and open the car door. I look at the note and think "that was the last time i got to see him, too bad it was on a bad term." I get in the car and drive off into the rainy night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whats going to happen?
Leave your guesses in the comments
Rate
Subscribe