Diary of an Obsessive-Compulsive Blonde

Chapter 7: Fighting...and Frenching

10:38 October 24, 2007
My bed

Dear Diary,

After Geometry, Emily and I walked together, as our classes are in the same wing. We made a pit-stop in the bathroom, where I washed my hands and fixed my hair and makeup. When I walked into Biology, I headed for my seat, but Mr. Tomlin stopped me.

"Barbie, I need to talk to you about that spider incident yesterday," he said.

"What about it?" I asked impatiently, itching to drill Danielle about what happened in French.

He then lectured me on how I shouldn't be afraid of spiders, and how they're very helpful, and spiders are more afraid of me than I am of them. Uh, I don't think so Mr. Tomlin. I don't see spiders fainting every time they see me. Geez.

When I finally got away from the spider-lover, I sat down next to Parker, who was staring at me like I was a ghost or something.

"What? Do I have something on my face? Food in my teeth? A zit?" I asked anxiously.

"N-No! Y-You look…well, beautiful today, Barbie," he said sincerely.

My eyes widened as I heard this. What was going on? Why is he always telling me I'm pretty? Doesn't he know how weird I am?

"Uh, th-thanks Parker. That's really sweet," I stammered, "You don't look t-too bad yourself."

He laughed a deep, musical laugh. I found myself blushing and quickly looked away, embarrassed. Luckily, at that moment, the bell rang and Mr. Tomlin stood up and told us what to do. Not much happened after that. Both Parker and I were extremely awkward around each other the entire class and after class I waved good-bye to Parker nervously and ran to catch up with my friends.

"Dani! How'd it go in French?" I asked.

Danielle blushed and grinned, "It worked! It totally worked! I didn't know guys were so shallow!"

"Ohh, Danielle, you have a lot to learn," Amber told her.

"Besides, a lot of the time it's looks that attract you at first, then personality that makes you fall in love," I reassured Danielle.

"Well, anyway, he couldn't stop looking at me the entire class, and we flirted a lot while we supposed to be working together on our project. Oh, that reminds me, he's coming over after school to work on it with me at my house-Holy shit, he's coming over to my house!" Danielle shrieked.

"Don't worry, Dani, it's gonna be fine. Just keep your cool, and remember what we taught you. Just do what you did today, and you'll be fine," Amber instructed Danielle.

"Ok, ok, ok. I'll be fine. Thank you guys so much! I seriously have the best friends, like, ever," Danielle told us.

"Aww, thank you, Dani! I love you guys, too! I couldn't survive without you!" I gushed.

"Best Friends Forever!" Amber exclaimed.

"The three musketeers!" We all chimed in at the same time.

We laughed and I said, "Oh my God, we're like psychic! We're like…we're like triplets!"

Danielle and Amber cracked up laughing, and Danielle said, "Barbie, you are such a dumb blonde."

Amber hugged me and said, "But that's why we love you!"

I rolled my eyes, "you guys are such great friends."

"We know," they chorused.

We all linked arms and set off down the hall, laughing loudly and undoubtedly looking like complete retards, but we didn't care what people thought of us. That's the great thing about having friends like Amber and Danielle. When you're with them, you don't care what people think of you. We're so close, we are practically sisters. We know everything about each other.

The rest of the day was rather boring. The only thing even remotely interesting that happened was that I almost killed myself attempting to play volleyball in P.E. I tried to set the ball and ended up almost suffocating myself in the net. It was so embarrassing.

After school I took the bus home, but instead of entering my apartment, I let myself in to the one next door for my weekly session with Lucy.

I plopped down on the couch and yelled, "Lucyyy! I'm here!"

A tall, thin woman with a black bob came hurrying in and said, "Hi, Barbie." She then turned her attention to the man sitting next to me, watching TV. "Roy!" She yelled, "Get off your fat ass and go do something useful!"

Roy grumbled something incoherent and walked out of the room.

"Sorry 'bout that," She said, sitting down in the armchair across me.

"No problem. I'm guessing he hasn't found a job yet?"

"Of course not. He doesn't even try. I can't believe I actually married that stupid, fat, lazy, two-faced bastard." Lucy grumbled. She then took out a notebook and pen and turned to me, "So, Barbie, how was your week? Have you been trying to suppress your urges like I told you to do?"

"That sounds dirty, Lucy," I told her, my eyebrows raised.

Lucy groaned and buried her face in her hands, "Please, Barbie, just tell me how your week went.

"Right," I said, "well, guess who I got as my lab partner in biology!"

"Who?"

"Parker Cole!" I shrieked.

"The actor?"

"Yeah! And he keeps telling me I'm pretty!"

Lucy scribbled something down in her notebook, then said out loud, "And how does that make you feel?"

"Like, really good! I mean, I've never really thought of myself as pretty, or worth guys' attention, but now that Parker keeps saying I'm pretty and being so nice to me and Luke asked me out…"

Lucy cut me off, "Wait, Luke Lyons asked you out? The kid with the motorcycle?"

"Yeah! I'm so happy!" I exclaimed.

"Barbie!" Lucy screeched, "That kid is trouble! Promise me you won't go out with him!"

"What? You can't do that! I'm gonna go out with whoever I want to go out with! You can't stop me! You're not my mom!" I yelled.

Lucy retorted, "I might as well be! Your mom is a stripper, Barbie! She's not exactly the best role model, is she? She has no idea how to raise a teenage daughter!"

"My mom is a great mother! And I'm going to go out with Luke no matter what you say!" I shouted, before running out and slamming the door behind me.

It took me a while to unlock my front door; my hands were shaking so much in anger. When I finally did, I stomped into my room and threw myself on my bed. I then began throwing my stuffed animals at the walls. After a little while, my anger had subsided, and I felt a little bad about throwing all my stuffed animals. I picked them up and gently placed them back on my bed. I was still pretty mad at Lucy though.

I watched TV for a little while, then did my English homework. After a while I got bored of that too, and went on AIM. I saw that both Amber and Danielle were on, so I invited them to a chat room.

xoBarbieDollxo: heyy! wats up??

ItssAmberrr: nm. hey danielle, howd it go with liam?

xoBarbieDollxo: omg I forgot about that! spill all the juicy details girlie!!

DaniBaby23: well, I got my first kiss

xoBarbieDollxo: ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! hip hip hooray! hip hip hooray!

ItssAmberrr: go dani! it's ur birthday! not really, party anyway!

xoBarbieDollxo: im so proud of u!

ItssAmberrr: so how was it?????

DaniBaby23: it was reallyyy nice. hes a really good kisser! we were just talking, ya know, hitting it off really well, and all of a sudden he just leaned down and kissed me! and then we made out! like a lot! it was just how ive always wanted my first kiss 2 be!

ItssAmberrr: hahaha and while u were studying French too!

DaniBaby23: o shut up!

xoBarbieDollxo: did he say whether u were a good kisser??

DaniBaby23: ya, he said I was really good

xoBarbieDollxo: woot!

ItssAmberrr: so, r u guys an item or wat?

DaniBaby23: idk, but he asked me to Christi Harrison's party on Saturday

xoBarbieDollxo: double woot!

DaniBaby23:omg, u guys, I am soo happy! i g2g tho, so I'll ttyl!

ItssAmberrr: ttyl!

xoBarbieDollxo: hasta la vista dani baby!

After that, I went on Myspace and stalked Luke's profile for a little while, but chickened out of actually talking to him. Then I ate dinner with my mom, watched TV, and talked to Amber on the phone. Now I'm writing this entry, but I'm really tired so I'm going to go to sleep.

Hasta la vista,

Barbie