Status: My first ever story. Please don't hate

How Can We Love in This World?

Eleven

Daryl's POV

"Where to now?" I asked Rick, last night was a complete disaster. We all needed to get away from here as soon as possible, it wasn't safe, we needed a plan and fast.

"I reckon we try for the CDC." Rick spoke calmly, wiping the sweat from his head.
"You serious man!?" I squinted and saw Shane heading towards us, "fort benning, that's what I say. That's where we go next." Shane shouted his opinion.
"That's 100 miles back in the other direction!" Rick shouted back. This was becoming a heated argument between the two alpha males. Each of them wanted leadership.
Yeah but the CDC is in the city, I thought we needed to get as far away from any city?"
"Yeah but who knows, they may have a cure, anything that could help us." I added siding with Rick.
"And who asked you, you sick minded pig ." Shane stepped closer to me, and I stepped even closer closing the gap between us. I grabbed his collar and pointed my finger in his face, "yeah well I ain't the one who walked past Bailey last night and left her for dead was I? Let me think, oh yeah that was YOU!"
"Ooo sticking up for her now are we?" Shane mocked.
"She was gonna end up on there," I pointed towards the large pile of dead bodies, "if I hadn't have done out."
"Yeah well Lori was in trouble."
"Nah, she was already in the RV." I went to take a strike at him sick of hearing his bullshit, but Rick pulled us apart sensing the tension.
"We burry the loved ones, burn the rest. We'll then get our stuff packed and we'll be leaving for the CDC. It's whats best." Rick stated then walked off to help with the bodies. He was also sick of his bullshit and arguing.
############################

Just as Rick said, we burned all the other walkers after attending a short service for the ones we lost. Throughout the service I kept looking over towards Bailey, she had almost died last night no thanks to Shane. But also she had lost a good friend and couldn't stop crying, but she did try to hide them. She gave me the impression that she didn't want to look weak. After I went over to her. "You ok?" I placed a hand on her shoulder trying to provide some comfort.
She flinched, but when she realised it was me she quickly wiped the tears away. "Yeah I'm fine. How are you holding up?"
"Couldn't be better. Anyways go pack ya shit, we're heading to the CDC, all of us, it ain't safe here anymore."
"Okay." She turned and headed to the tent to go pack.
################

1st person
I cane out off the tent with my bags packed and I saw everyone else throwing items either into cars or the RV.
Shane headed towards me, "here let me take them."he tucked some hair behind my and ear and then He gestured towards my bags. Ok I was over Amy's death, I had my little melt down crying back at the service, I was now furious with Shane.
"I ain't riding with you dick head." I shoved him back and stormed over to Daryl's truck and slung my bags in the bed. "Save it...." I added as I saw him follow me trying to say something. I knew we weren't ready to leave but I couldn't be assed with Shane, so I climbed into the truck but before I closed the door I told Shane "go look after your precious little Lori," and slammed the door shut. I don't have anything against Lori she was a good woman, it's just because Shane left me to die to go 'save' Lori who was already safe.
########################

To be honest I felt bad sitting in here while everyone else was taking down tents and other things, but I couldn't put up with Shane. I was ready to snap at any moment. Shortly though, Daryl hopped into the truck, we were ready to leave for the CDC, but he was shocked to see me in here.

"What ya doing in here?" He asked puzzled.
"Rindin' in here, is that ok?"
"Well... I thought ya would've been with lover boy?"
"Fuck off. I can see it's a problem i'll leave." I opened the door but was stopped when he started laughing.
"Only kiddin' it's fine."
#####################

The journey there was very awkward. The truck was tiny meaning me and Daryl were sitting close together and I accidentally kept touching his leg with mine, or the other way round.

We had quite a long drive, and me being me, fell asleep but had my head rested on Daryl's shoulder and my arm rested on his leg, however, I was unaware of my actions until we hit a bump in the road causing me to wake up.
"Oh shit, sorry." I spoke my voice tired and raspy.
"Hmmm," he muttered, "better not make it a habit of it."
I smiled unsure if what to say. He keeps saying that. I feel like a nuance. Does he really hate me? But would I really care if he did? Probably not I always have my Glenn.
####################

3rd person
The line of cars came to a stop as they parked outside of the CDC. It was growing dark and they all knew it wasn't sensible to be in the city at this time. At all in fact but this was there last hope. Dead bodies littered the place and the smell was revolting, this didn't look very promising.

Everyone got out the vehicles ad started heading towards the building, however, the shutters were closed and there was no way of getting inside. Bailey got out of the truck and came 'round to Daryl's side.

Rick went up to the shutters and Daryl and Shane kept to the back of the group while the others stayed in the centre. Daryl and Shane were keeping an eye out for any walkers that got too close.
"No one's here Rick." Someone called timidly.
"There must be, the shutters are closed." Rick called back.
"Come on, lets leave you know we can't be this close to the city at this time."
"Lets leave!" Shane shouted.
"No!" And then Rick started banging loudly on the shutters causing the children to cry.
"Shut them up?" Daryl shouted to Lori and Carol. Bailey then slapped Daryl's arm.
"Don't speak to them like that there kids." Daryl stepped towards her flexing his fingers around his crossbow as his stress built up. "And what you gonna do about it huh!?"
Bailey clenched her fist but as she was about to strike Dale came running over.
"Not here you two, not now!"
Glenn came over and pulled Bailey over to him and kept his arm tightly wrapped around her.

Rick was screaming, claiming he saw the camera move, but Shane had had enough and ordered everyone back to the vehicles. He went to grab Rick and as he did so the shutters rose and everyone was blinded by a bright light. They were then met by a guy who was holding a gun to them.
"What do you want?" The guy asked.
"A chance." Rick spoke.
"That's asking an awful lot these days."
"I know."
"Anyone infected?"
"One of our group was.... He didn't make it."
"You all submit to a blood test. Thats the price you pay." And everyone agreed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope this is a longer chapter. I tried. Hope you are all enjoying.