Status: I'm still writing this one, I hope you like it.

I Don't Want to Miss a Thing

The Concert Night

Mia’s POV

“Why’re you wearing your glasses?” My dad looked confused when he rubbed at his eyes.

“Contacts hurt when you have allergies.” I sniffled and looked up at him.

He had that look in his eyes that he always gets when he’s touring, a kid like brightness. I opened the driver’s door and got out with him getting out on the other side. We both stretched and yawned with tired smiles. I picked up my purse and shut the door before looking at my dad. He held out his arm for me to come toward him so I did and he embraced me.

“I love you Mia.” He kissed the top of my head after whispering those words.

“I love you too daddy.” I mumbled into his chest.

When we leaned back, he smiled at me and then looked past me. I turned around and saw Niall and Harry talking to Sammi and Sissy, their height towering over the girls’. My dad shoved his hands into his front pockets as we walked.

“What's up with you and Harry?” I could tell that he didn't really like the topic.

“Nothing.”

“Rian talked to me last night…I know that something is going on between you guys.” His eyes landed on me but I kept my eyes on the ground.

“Nothing is going on. A few stupid comments and some looks mean nothing to me, dad.” I shook my head and met his gaze. “Nothing is going on.”

“Alright, I’ll keep an eye on him but watch out for him.” He kissed my forehead as the group looked at us. “I’ll see you later.”

My phone vibrated in my pocket so I glanced up from my phone to see tanned arms dotted with tattoos reaching out to wrap around a blonde girls waist. When my eyes traveled up to their faces I chocked and recognized who it was that he was holding one of my best friends.

“You okay kid?” Rian startled me from my anger. “What is Sammi doing with him?”

“I have no clue.” I shook my head and looked down at my phone screen again.

“What was going on last night when I came over and sat down?” Rian wasn’t going to drop this so I looked up at him while putting my phone away.

“Absolutely nothing.” I shook my head but saw him flick his eyebrows at me. “Just some awkward passes that weren’t reciprocated by me.”

“That kid definitely has balls.” He chuckled as he spoke but received a very confused look from me. “To hit on you one night and flirt with your best friend the next.”

“I don’t care though, Rian.” I shook my head feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket.

“Well, kid, he cares. He keeps looking over here at you and he let go of Sammi.” Rian pointed toward them and I caught Harry looking in our direction but I brushed it off.

“Him looking over here means nothing, he’s been checking me out since we met. It doesn’t mean anything.” I looked up at Rian seeing he was about to talk. “Just drop it, Rian. I’ll see you later.” I walked away from him and to Jake and Dustin.

“Hey sis.” Jake smiled down at me and stepped aside so I could see Patty standing in front of him.

“Hey.” I smiled toward him while his eyes quickly scanned over me and met my gaze.

“Hey Mia.” He said my name sweetly but I watched Jake give him an odd look that I hadn’t ever really seen from him.

“So, uh, what do we need to do right now?” I looked at Jake’s hands where he held a clipboard, trying to make it un-awkward.

“We need to go meet up with the rest of the group, come on guys.” He led the way to the other group that wasn’t far from us. “Hey guys.” He introduced himself into the group and stood next to Niall.

I sighed and stood between Sammi and Sissy only to have Sammi replaced with a very eager Harry. His hand brushed mine and gave me disgusted chills, I pulled my hand away and slipped them into my shorts pockets.

“Sissy and Sammi, you two need to keep a few guards around you all day because the last day is always the worst.” Jake started and they nodded at his comment. “Mia and Jess, you're working back here with the bands along with Harry, Niall and Patty while Dustin and I help keep the stages safe.” Everyone agreed and started toward their posts.

“Hey.” I looked up to my left and saw Patty smiling at me. “How are you?”

“I’m okay. How’s everything going with my dad?” I asked with a smile.

“Pretty well.” He shrugged as we neared my table.

“Good.” I looked away from his pretty blue eyes and toward Jess who was giggling at something Harry said.

“Who is that guy?” Patty snarled at his words.

“The curly one? That’s Harry Styles.”

“You don’t like him do you?” Patty laughed slightly.

“Why do you say that?” I looked up and saw his amazed smile.

“You scrunched your nose when you said his name.” He chuckled and set his guitar case down on the ground. “You didn't even notice, did you?”

“Nope.” I blushed and looked down at the table while setting my hands down on the edge.

“You're cute.” He whispered it while putting his hands near mine on the table.

“Thank you.” I smiled at him, meeting his gaze.

“We should hangout sometime soon.” He winked as he spoke but I didn't have time to respond and agree before Harry and Niall walked over with Jess so I smiled and nodded slightly. “Good.” He mumbled and stood up to look at the rest of the people.

“Just do it, kid!” Rian yelled to me while I sat in from of the stage I was on with Harry, Niall and Patty.

I looked to my right to see Patty smiling at me with Niall on the other side of him before I looked to my other side and saw Harry looking down at his guitar. This wasn’t how I expected my night to go but I forgot that Rian wanted me to smoke.

So, I looked out on the dwindling crowd and got butterflies. My mind was fuzzy from the weed I smoked about 20 minutes ago, I couldn’t seem to focus on anything besides the crowd staring at me.

“You okay, Mia?” Harry asked, laying his hand on my arm.

“Yea, lets do his.” I grumbled to myself and took the microphone from its stand.

“~I could stay awake just to hear your breathing…~” Patty started I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing with a smile.

We dueted and finished out the song, stealing smiles and winks without caring who saw it. The crowd cheered for us when the song ended making all of us laugh and bow for them. Niall and Patty started toward the stairs while I put the microphone back in its stand and quickly ran and jumped off the stage to be caught by Tony.

“You sounded great.” He laughed setting me down.

“Thanks.” I smiled and looked at my dad. “Can we be done making me do stuff now? I just want to relax.”

“Of course.” He chuckled wrapping me in a quick hug before releasing me to stand next to Harry.

“Hey.” Harry smiled and draped his arm around my shoulders.

“Hi.” I said shortly and looked away from him and toward Rian who was already staring at us.

“How are you feeeeeling?” His words were drawn out as his lips neared my cheek.

“Fine, uh, I want some food.” I moved out of his reach quickly before his lips could connect with my cheek and bumped into Niall and Patty. “Oh, sorry.” I mumbled.

“Its okay, are you alright?” Niall asked stepping back a little.

“Yea, I’m just super hungry.” I lied and pushed past both of them and stumbled away.

“Mia” I turned around and saw Patty walking toward me.

I stopped walking and waited for Patty but I looked at the group; Jake, Dustin and my dad were staring at Harry protectively while Rian watched me. Patty stood next to me with a smile but his eyes followed mine to the group before he touched my arm lightly.

“Are you okay?” He asked with worried eyes.

“I’m fine but I’m pretty sure that he’s gonna get his ass chewed out.” I laughed and turned to look into his blue eyes.

“For what?” He asked with a smile.

“He tried kissing me in front of everyone but I dissed him.” I bit my lip trying to hold back laughter.

“Smooth.” He laughed kicking the dirt under his feet. “So, can we talk about something?”

“Can we walk and talk?” I asked with a shy smile.

“Sure.” He laughed leading walking by my side.