I'll Always Love You

A strange encounter.

I couldn't seem to stop frantically shaking my leg while waiting for my parents to come pick me up from school..
Resting my head in my hands I glared at the stupid kid sitting across the hall from me.
Victor Vincent Fuentes.
Hes the reason I'm in trouble today and have to leave early.
Damn I wish he wasn't so annoying.... and cute. Goddammit. the fact that I have a crush on him makes me even more annoyed.
I cross my arms against my chest as I sat up.

"Why do you always wear a hoodie? its like 100 degrees outside" I said, glaring at him.
he poked his head up and long hair fell around his shoulders flawlessly. "oh. um..." he began but paused to look around the hallway "I just get cold easy inside here..." trailing off he looked down.
I rolled my eyes "whatever".
"Hey, you asked!" his eyes pointed daggers at me as he spoke "stop being such a dick Preciado" he told me.
"oh yeah. Maybe I wouldn't be such a dick if you didn't look like such a girl" I shot back.
He brought his knees up to his chest and rested his head on them "I'm done arguing"
he told me, sounding a bit hurt. The look on his face made me feel pretty guilty now...
I looked down trying to think of something to say to make him feel better but nothing came to mind. oh well, At least I tried.

"Victor!" an older male yelled down the hall at the boy across from me. I winced at the harsh voice.
"What the hell is this?!" the voice got closer. "Dad" Victor said while jumping out of his seat in surprise.
I noticed something different in his eyes, fear. His Father grabbed him by the arm and pulled him a bit too roughly for my liking.
"This is the second time this month I have had to leave my job in the middle of the day to bring you home" His fathers voice was cold.
Victor said nothing while he stared at the floor.
Mr Fuentes just now noticed me sitting there trying not to watch them. "We'll talk about this in the car"
he said while dragging the boy out the door.

Finally I was able to breathe again. Honestly that was kind of intimidating.. Is his Dad always like that?
It kind of makes me feel bad now for the way I've been treating him. I need to talk to him first thing tomorrow morning.

-

I rode my way down the road on my skateboard.
My mind was cluttered with thoughts of yesterdays event and how I was going to talk to
Victor.. I'm pretty sure he hates me and overall this is a terrible idea but I can't ignore what happened.

When I got near the school I noticed Vic walking to the front doors and like always he was alone.
Perfect time.
Quickly I hopped off my board and grabbed it. Weaving through the flood of people I reached him.
"Hey Victor.. Mind if I call you Vic? I feel like we're pass the whole first name bases and moved on to nicknames" I said and gave him my award wining smile. He brought his eyebrows together in a confused look before finally speaking "What do you want Preciado?" He spoke bitterly to me as if I ran over his dog or something. wow what a drama queen. "I don't have much time right now but can we have a talk during lunch or something?" He got even more confused now. "Why? So you can make fun of me some more? I don't think so" He was obviously done with this conversation as he turned away and disappeared into the crowed of rushing students.
I let out a long dramatic sigh trying to think up a plan B.

-

The entire day was a mess.
Every time I saw Vic in the hallways he would notice me and run the opposite direction. I didn't even see him at all at lunch.
What was going on? I mean I know I've been a jerk to him since the day we met but that's never exactly caused him to avoid me like this. Maybe I'll try to talk to him during English.. that way he can't just get up and leave.
"Jaime dinner is ready" my mom yelled up the stairs. Thank god to. All this thinking is really making me hungry lately.

-

I stepped into English class and sat down in my seat next to Vic. It was the only class we had together and the place where we first met.
"Can we talk?" I said once my butt hit the chair. Vic completely ignored me and focused on his phone. "Victor please" I almost begged, turning desperate.
"why do you wanna talk so badly?" he asked lifting his big brown eyes to look up at me. "I have questions that need to be answered" He rolled his eyes
"You know if you need answers so bad just study for the damn test" he looked away now back at his phone. "Hey! I'm not trying to cheat on a test. I have questions I wanna ask that are about YOU" this caught his attention. "What is it than?" he said while shaking his head. "Well first off what was with your Dad the other day? does he always do that?" Vic look away for a moment and I saw once again that same fear in his eyes. "He was just in a bad mood. No he doesn't always do that. Why do you care?" I felt my cheeks get red at his sudden question. "It just wasn't cool.. that's all" I looked away. "Tell me why you made such an effort to avoid me yesterday" I demanded. "Maybe it was cause you keep getting me in trouble" his words were a bit colder than usual. I opened my mouth to ask another question but was cut off my the teacher who was now starting the class. Vic looked relieved as he turned his attention to the front of the room. but little did he know I was far from done with him.