I'll Always Love You

Why Me?

-Vic's POV-

I closed the front door behind me, leaning against it as I heard Jaime's car leave. Meeting his family was such a new experience, seeing how happy his parents are... how happy two people can be together. it gives me hope. I ran my hand along the smooth surface of the wall until my fingers found the light switch. it was pitch black in the entire house when on a normal night it would be filled with light and noise echoing from the TV. All the vehicles were in the driveway so I know everyone is home. I flicked the switch on and as I took in the sight of the living room my heart dropped. everything was torn. the lamps were broken, the couch on its side, the TV had a huge hole in it and random objects were scattered across the floor. The first thing that came to mind was Mike.

I ran up the stairs as fast as I could until I reached his door that was closed. I opened it slowly, the lights were off except for a nightlight in the corner that glowed enough for me to see that he was in bed fast a sleep. I let out a huge sigh of relief and walked over to his bed and make sure he was okay. sitting next to him I softly moved back some of the long hairs covering his face, thankfully he seemed to be okay.
What could have happened while I was gone? I got up and left his room, shutting the door as quietly as possible. I froze in the hallway as I heard someone slowly walking up the stairs, I held my breath but was ready to run at any moment. The creaking of foot steps stopped and my Mothers head poked around the corner. I let out yet another sigh of relief. Her long black hair was messy from sleep but I noticed a fresh bruise displayed on her cheek. I tightened my fist in rage "Mom what happened?" I tried to not raise my voice. she walked down the hallway and took me into a big hug that was more for her rather than me. I tightened my arms around her knowing that he only ever hurt her when I wasn't here. Tears began flooding the brim of my eye lids, this is all my fault. "He saw you with some boy. He's not to happy about it..." she finally spoke with her soft voice, tightening her embrace. I was afraid he saw...
"Mom I'm so sorry" I said, closing my eyes as the tears tried to escape. "Its no your fault, baby" she said and letting go of me "You can date whoever you want" she assured me, wiping my tear stained cheeks. why is such a wonderful woman like her married to some horrible man? she gave me a faint smile "you should go to bed Victor" I nodded "what about you?.." I honestly didn't want her near my Dad right now.
"I'm still trying to reason with your Father. Don't worry about me" She kissed my forehead before slowly making her way back down stairs. I feel horrible for making things so much worse on her than they need to be. I shook my head and walked numbly to my room.

Tonight started off so great, what happened? What if one day when I'm off with Jaime, and my Dad takes his anger out on Mike? or hurts my mom more? It would be my fault. they shouldn't have to suffer because I like the same gender. If I call the police there's always the chance they wont find him guilty and that will just make things even worse.

I sat on my bed with my head between my hands. I can't take this pressure. I got up and headed for the bathroom to take a shower and just soak under the water, maybe clear my mind. But my intentions of simply taking a shower were ruined when my blood was spread across the shower floor, mixing in with the water. I deserve every ounce of pain that the razor gives me.