I'll Always Love You

Vic finds a kitten

(。◕‿◕。)

-Jaime's POV-

Me and Vic headed over to the park after school, its one of my favorite things to do with him since no one is there at this time of day.

"We should use the slide this time" Vic stated. "Slide down it backwards like one of the cool kids?" I joked and gave his hand a soft squeeze. "I was never one of those cool kids" Vic said, laughing.
Vic has been acting a bit off since Monday and I know it has something to do with Kellin. I don't wanna push him to tell me but damn I'm curious.

When we arrived, Vic went straight for the slide. I laughed and sat at the end of it "Jaime, move" He said as he sat at the top, ready to glide down. I scrunched my nose "Nah. I'm comfortable" I said, waiting for him to come down. He gave an over dramatic sigh before pushing himself down the slide and running into me. He's so skinny and light that it hardly even budged me. His legs were on either side of me as his arms snaked around my waist from behind. I felt him rest his head on my back, the soft thumping of his heart was pressed to my back and for a moment I felt as if I was the most powerful human on this planet. I gently rubbed the back of his hand with my thumb, loving every butterfly that fluttered around in my stomach. He moved his head up to my shoulder and nuzzled my neck. I smiled to myself, loving the feeling of his breath on my skin. I turned my head so that I could kiss his forehead. I felt his lips curl into a small smile against my neck. I wished this moment would last for a life time, just the two of us.., like it should be. I took one of his hands in mine, locking our fingers together. "Is everything okay, baby?" I asked. He's being pretty clingy lately, Not that I'm complaining. I like the attention but its not something he normally does. "No..." He said softly into my neck. "Whats been bothering you?" I asked and even I could hear the concern in my own voice. "Its Kellin..., I think he likes me.., More than a friend" He said, keeping his face hidden. Was he really just now realizing that? "Yeah, I kind of guess that" I said with a weak laugh. I felt his lip quiver before he spoke again "He kissed me on Sunday" He said it so softly it was almost impossible to hear. But I heard it. I heard it as if it was being yelled to my face. I felt my face heat with rage and I had no words to say. I couldn't act angry, I know what his father has done and I wouldn't forgive myself if I ever scared Vic the same way his dad has. I chewed my lips looking for something to say. "I understand if you hate me.." He said after a few moments of silence. I felt him shake a little and knew he was about to cry. "Vic, I could never hate you. You're everything to me. I'm mad right now. Mad at Kellin, not you." I tried to explain why I was so quiet. He nodded in understanding but it didn't stop the tears from flowing. I felt my own eyes water but held it back. I wanted to be strong for the both of us. I stood and lifted him up with me, cradling him against my chest. I know I can't always be the one to hold both of us up, but right now I can so I will. I can't just let him deal with the pain all on his own anymore. I realize I might be taking on too much but its worth it.

-Later that day-

"Be safe on your trip home" My mom said, hugging my sister goodbye. She had to go back to New York now and I already knew I was going to miss her. She had a way with just brightening the place up with her presence. My dad said his goodbyes and now it was my turn "See you later sis" I said, giving her a tight hug "See ya little man" She smiled but before leaving she raised her index finger "When I come back for Christmas, You and Vic better still be together" She said with a warning tone. I raised my hands in defense "Don't worry Alex, We'll be here and gayer than ever" I said making her laugh as she gave all of us one last hug. We watched as the plane took off into the night sky that held twinkling stars.
"Lets go now. Its getting late" My mom said as she turned to head for the giant glass doors of the airport.

I watched the rain slide down and off the car window. I couldn't get what Vic told me today out of my head. I sighed wondering what I should do about Kellin or if I should do anything at all. I feel like I'm treading on thin ice and with one wrong move I might lose Vic.

-Friday Vic's POV- (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

"Vic. Can you take the trash out?" My mom yelled from the kitchen while making dinner. I bit my bottom lip before pausing the movie I was watching "Sure" I said as I stepped through the archway of the kitchen and grabbed the bag of trash that was already tied up. "The trashcan is already at the end of the driveway" She informed me before turning back to whatever she was making. I slid my Vans sneakers on and jogged down the long driveway and threw the bag into the can. As the noise of glass clattered from the bag I heard something squeak. My eyes scanned the yard but I saw nothing so I shook the large trash can. A squeaky meow echoed off its plastic walls. My mouth dropped and I began taking the bags out one by one til I could see the bottom where a tiny orange kitten was stuck in the corner, meowing its little heart out "Aww.., How did you get in there?" I cooed as I tipped the can over and reached on hand inside to grab the fragile kitten. The little sweetheart was so dirty with mud but its blue eyes shined brighter than crystals. I pulled the edge of my hoodies center pocket open and let the little guy crawl in it for warmth from the harsh fall weather. After putting all the bags back into the trashcan I slowly walked back to the house and into the kitchen. I held the kitten up and stood behind my mom "Mom can we have a cat?" I asked while she washed a few dishes "Why do you want a cat?" She didn't seem to object the idea "I found a kitten in the trashcan" This got her attention and she turned around quickly to come face to face with the tiny creature that meowed looking up at my mom. "Vic, that cat can have diseases!" She said, raising her voice. "Than lets wash it and take it to the vet" I suggest, holding the kitten against my chest. "No, put it back outside. I'm sure its mother is looking for it" I frowned, looking down at the cute face. "But what if the mom already left? the kitten will freeze to death over night" I pressed, not giving up that easy. My mom sighed and gave me a look. "Fine. But wash it good and make sure it doesn't use the carpet for a toilet. If we keep this cat its your responsibility." She spoke with a stern voice. I smiled and hugged her like a child "Thanks mom" I said before going up to the bathroom and washing the precious kitten.

-

Me and Mike sat on the living room floor, watching the kitten play with a little bouncy ball. "What are you going to name it?" Mike asked and batted the all across the carpet. We laughed when the kitten pounced on it like a lion in the wild. "I'm not sure yet.." I said and pondered the thought of a name. "We probably wont know the gender until it visits a vet. So I'll come up with a name then" I finally said after thinking about it but really I just wanted more time, Names are such a hard choice. "Don't get too attached to it guys. The kitten can have a sickness or something like that" My mom said from the couch but still smiled every now and then at the small cat playing on the floor.

Before I went to bed, My mom gave me this dog crate that we had when we used to own a husky. "I don't want the kitten running around and pooping everywhere while we sleep" she said before heading back down stairs to her room. I set the crate up with blankest and little bowl of water for her/him. It curled up into a little fluff ball halfway under the blanket. I really hope I can keep this kitten.