I'll Always Love You

A day at the fair

-Jaime's POV-

I did one last look over in the mirror before grabbing my jacket and heading out the door to go pick up Vic. We made plans to skip school today and go to the fair. Vic made me promise not make him ride any of the scarier rides but I might just break that promise. There's no feeling in the world that can compare to being lifted 30 to 40 feet in the air and being upside down.

I knocked on his door and a few moments later I heard him yell from inside "Come in!" I shook my head and proceeded to open the door and let myself in. "Are you ready?" I yelled so he could hear me from the second floor. "Yeah. Does your mom know we're skipping school?" He asked before emerging from a hallway to the right of the stairs "No does yours..." I trailed off when I saw a small orange feline hop down the stairs behind Vic "Is that a cat?" I asked and realized that was a really stupid question. He laughed at me and I raised my hand to stop any smart ass comments that were about to leave his lips. "Yeah my mom knows and yes that's a cat" He said as I stared at the kitten "When did you get a cat?" I asked. He didn't tell me he had one so I assume this is a new thing "I found it a few days ago and guilt my mom into letting me keep it" He gave a victorious smile before stepping in front of me and pressed our lips together in a tender kiss. I smiled against his unfairly full lips and pulled him close to me, making the moment last as long as I could. "You smell good" I said when our lips pulled away but our mouths were still so close. "Well thank you kind sir. You smell rather fine yourself" He said in a bad accent making me smile even more "So you're formal now?" I asked dipping my head in for a brief peck on the lips "Indeed" He said. Suddenly the kitten wanted all the attention and began clawing its way up Vic's tight pants. "Well hey there" Vic said as he picked the kitten up and held it against his chest for support. "Does it have a name?" I asked while petting its tiny head with my index finger "No..., I have no idea what to name it" He said in frustration and looked down at its little face. "Let me go put it in its cage so we can go" He said before making his way back up the stairs, kitten in hand. That has to be the cutest thing I have ever seen.., Vic holding a kitten.

We stopped by the gas station on the way to the Fair to pick up a couple of Monster Energy drinks to give us more energy for the event. "Lets do all the kitty ride's" Vic suggested as I tried to find somewhere to park the car that was within walking distance of the Fair. "No. you're going to ride the big kid rides this year" I said in a joking tone and pinched Vic's cheek. He swatted my hand away and crossed his arms
"Maybe I'll be too short for the rides. Finally my midget size will come in use for once" He sounded sure of himself, I couldn't help but laugh "We'll get you some platform shoes" I said as I backed the car into a parking spot. He sighed loudly "Your not really going to make me do the scary rides, are you?"
He pouted a bit so my answer would be what he wanted "Yes, I am" I said plainly and exited the car.
He groaned dramatically before opening the door and sliding out of the seat. It was freezing cold out and it seemed like all the jackets in the world couldn't help.

The line for the tickets wasn't too long but it wasn't short either and the longer we stood the more I began to shiver. "Here" I said and took Vic's hands in mine and brought them into the pockets of my coat "That should help some" I said and kissed his head. His hands felt like they were made of ice so I rubbed my thumb across his raw knuckles. I knew people were watching, I could feel their judgmental stares but I couldn't bring myself to care at all. I was more than proud to be in a relationship with Vic.

We finally made it to the ticket counter and I refused to let Vic pay for his ticket no matter how hard he tried. "I'm paying for lunch since you bought the ticket" Vic stated after we got through the gate. "Sure you are..., Oh look a petting zoo" I changed the subject before he could pursue the topic at hand.
"Lets go feed some Llama's" I added and knew Vic caught on to what I had just done but he went with it anyways. They were letting people into the Goat enclosure to feed them and Vic almost got ran over by one that wasn't too happy for some reason.

He tried putting off going on any rides by dragging me to different games that I already knew were rigged for money. "Lets do that dart game over there" Vic said pointed across the street where a dart both was set up. "That's the last game" I said as he grabbed my hand leading me over to it. "You're just mad cause I keep beating you at games" he stuck his tongue out. That might have been part of it but I know he's just stalling. "Lets go do...., That ride" I said and pointed to a fairly simple looking one that was in the shape of a ship and went side to side. I've ridden it once before and knew you can't judge it by how it looks. The ride pretty much makes you feel like you're upside down or about to fall out at any moment. Vic pondered the thought and after he saw all that the ride did he nodded in agreement. With an evil smile I led him over to the small line that was flooding into the ride.

They laid a single padded bar across our laps and checked to make sure it was secure. I made sure to choose the farthest seat from the middle so we got the full affect. I held his hand on my lap as the ride began going back and forth. When the ride actually began picking up speed I felt Vic squeeze my hand. I looked over at him "You tricked me" He stated with a betrayed look "What? Me? No way" I said. The ride reached as high as it would go and I felt my stomach turn. Vic let out a small scream but tried to cover it up so I wouldn't hear. He pushed himself as far into the seat as he could go and I couldn't stop the laughing that escaped from my lips. "That was terrible, Jaime!" He said when we were let off it. "Oh come on, I didn't force you to do it" I stated and led him over to a less stomach turning ride. "Is this just another trap?" he asked while eyeing the ride. "No, its not" I said and kissed his cheek. All the ride was, was a bunch of swings that went high in the air and went in a circle. We chose two swings that were next to each other and we held hands until it started. He seemed to enjoy that one way more and we began singing the lyrics to a Hinder song they had playing for the ride next to this one.

It was about 9PM and we decided to get away from the crowded areas and sit down in the grass next to a small pond where they were setting up for fireworks. He sat between my legs while we shared a bag of cotton candy. "I had a lot of fun with you today" He said as he rested in my arms. "I had fun to" I replied and gave him a small squeeze. Suddenly a light quickly lifted to the sky and blew up with a loud bang and lights had spread out around it in various colors. Vic flinched from the loud noise but still watched in awe. More and more filled the night sky above us, lighting everything up. We watched in silence, just enjoying each others presence and the light show. I wanted this moment to last for hours.