I'll Always Love You

Will things stay the same?

-Vic's POV-

I was woken from a deep sleep when I felt pressure on my back. I squinted my eyes, trying to read what time it was on the alarm clock.
I sighed wondering how I got my stomach when I went to sleep laying on my back, than realized Mike was using my back as a pillow.
How he can sleep sideways like that beats me. I tried lifting myself from the bed but he grunted in protest.
"Micheal why do you keep sleeping in my bed?" I asked, a little irritated from lack of sleep. I got no reply so I figured he was fast asleep. For the second time, I tired to lift off the mattress "Stop moving" He said with a sleepy voice than yawned.

"Mike, You can't keep doing this. You're way too much of a bed hog"
He let out a 'humph' before positioning himself properly on the bed.
I supported myself on the bed using my elbows. Looking over at Mike, he had already fallen back to sleep. With sigh I dragged my tired body out from under the the covers that felt really hot against my skin. Mike is like a little heater, I know now that if a ice storm hits and we lose power I can just use Mike as an emergency heater. He belongs in the North Poll, who knows how many Eskimo's he could save each year.

I reached the bathroom but I didn't need to use the toilet. Instead I just sat on the floor next to the counter and began sobbing quietly so no one could hear.
The tears and emotions I have been holding in for weeks just poured out, making my body shake. I've been trying to keep it all together ever since my dad returned
but that's so much easier said than done.

I can hardly sleep anymore with all the nightmares and Mike practically making me fall off the bed each night.
Its hard to keep my food down and force myself to eat, any appetite that I gained over the time spent after being in the hospital was now gone.
I try my best to eat though, for Jaime. And Mike still wont tell me what that fight was all about on Halloween.

Overall, things have gotten hard to deal with.

I heard a small thud come from the bathroom door followed by a meow.
I cracked the door, letting the slim orange kitten squeeze through. Stevie climbed into my lap and purred loudly when I rubbed my finger under her chin. I wasn't able to stop the smile that spread across my face, no matter how down I was feeling or how tired my eyes were. We sat there on the bathroom floor for a while before I decided to go ahead and go down stairs to make some breakfast.

-

Sitting in my first class I was dozing off, staring at the wall.

"Victor!" the teacher raised his voice, slamming a thick book onto my desk making me jolt.
"Yes sir?" I said, blinking a few times from being pulled back to reality.
"I will be seeing you after class" He spoke before walking back to the front of the room. Great.
I shook my head, shutting my eyes tightly.

A hand softly tapped my shoulder making me look to the direction it came from and of course it was Kellin who was seated at the desk next to mine.
"Is everything okay?" He whispered so only I could hear. I scowled at him before turning my attention to what the teacher was saying.

The class soon ended and I sat patiently waiting for everyone to leave the room before getting up to walk to the teachers desk.

"You wanted to see me?" I spoke up standing at the front of the room.
He lifted his eyes from a piece of paper he was reading "Yes Victor, I've noticed a dramatic drop in your grades over the past week or so"

I chewed my lips, I know its been pretty bad but I needed to come up with some excuse. Before I could say anything, He spoke again.

"Are you having trouble at home?" He asked, reminding me that my teachers were all informed on the actual reason on why I was absent while staying in the hospital. I swallowed down the lump that built up in my throat before shaking my head.
"No. just having trouble sleeping, that's all" I smiled.

It wasn't a lie..., I mean my dad isn't exactly causing trouble and I am having a hard time sleeping..., So its pretty much the truth.

He gave me a look that said he didn't believe what I had just said but he went with it anyways.
"Well get that taken care of. You'll need the good grades to help you get into a decent college"
I nodded, this is something I've been told many times. "You're excused" He said before shuffling through a stack of papers. I took my leave, only to be greeted outside of door by Kellin.

I rolled my eyes and started down the hallway. "Vic wait" He said catching up to me "You can't avoid me forever" He said, trying to keep up as I quickened my pace. "Actually, I can" I turned down the hallway that had my next class and luckily Kellin wasn't in this one.

He stepped in front of me putting his hand out to stop me. I glared at him "Can't you just leave me alone?!" I practically yelled to his face before shoving him out of my way. I didn't bother to look back to see if he was following me or not, I just continued on until I got to the door of the classroom.

-

-Jaime's POV-

Vic and I were at the park sitting in the grass, studying for an upcoming test. I looked over to Vic who seemed to be zoning out while looking down at the book sitting in his lap. I crawled over to him, lifting his chin with my finger and connected our lips in a passion filled kiss that was as sweet as ever. I savored in the moment for as long as I could before pulling away. I brushed some of his long hair away from his face and could see the weary in his eyes as he gave a soft smile and leaned in for another kiss. I pulled him onto my lap when our lips broke free.

"Is Mike still sleeping in your room?" I asked, wrapping my arms around him in a tight embrace.
"Yeah" He nodded "Its fine though"

I put on a weak smile, knowing Mike isn't making things any easier but he's just worried. I let Vic rest his head on my shoulder and soon felt his breathing steady as he fell asleep on my lap. I didn't have the heart to wake him up so I just continued reading while holding him.

-Later that day-

Looking through the fridge, I was ignoring my parents who were arguing in the next room. I had to fend for myself when it came to dinner tonight since my dad thought it was a great idea to give his honest opinion on my moms cooking, now shes on protest.

A sudden crash hit the wall and the sound of glass breaking echoed around the house. I dropped whatever I was doing to try and listen for something but everything had grown silent. A door slammed open and my mom rushed down the hallway but stopped in her tracks to turn around and yell something in Spanish at my dad.
She grabbed her hand bag and car keys, slamming the front door behind her as she left

Soon my dad appeared in front of the archway leading to the kitchen, His head hung low.

"What is she so mad about?" I asked staring at him.
He let out a deep breath "She asked if I thought the new dress she bought looked nice" He nodded as if to say 'It is what it is' than came into the kitchen.
It took me a moment but than it clicked and I began laughing at him and his horrible way of dealing with women.
"Nice going" I said before walking back to the still open refrigerator.

"Consider yourself lucky to be gay, son" He said with a laugh before picking up the newspaper off the counter.
I felt a slight blush spread across my cheeks but I regained my composure before deciding to get the stuff to make a sandwich.

"You just don't know the right things to say" I explained while grabbing the bread.
"I've been married to your mother for a long time now and still can't figure women out" He said, reading the paper. "Are women really that complicated?" I asked in disbelief. He lifted his eyes from the paper.
"I don't think women even understand each other" He seemed sure of himself. I shrugged and continued what I was doing.

My dad might be on to something. I mean over the years I've seen him get into many arguments with my mom and so far Vic and I have had no problems with our relationship. I wonder if things will stay like that for us.