I'll Always Love You

Micheal

-Mike's POV-

Around 2AM I stared blankly at the darkness my room held. I listened to the silence since sleep was pretty much impossible at this point. It seemed like every time I closed my eyes, all I could see was Vic's beaten body laying lifeless on the floor.

The floor boards down stairs began to creek from the pressure of foot steps and I knew it was my bad. It seems like he can't sleep either since he does this every night. I bit my lip as my stomach turned at knowing he was even in the house. Soon I left my bed, pillow in hand. I caved in to my impulses that I tried hard to hold back since Vic told me to stay in my own bed, but I just couldn't..., I know he'll understand.

I cracked Vic's door open and could see the outline of his body through the blankets on top of his bed. I closed the door, trying to not make any noise but Stevie heard it anyways and popped her head up from her spot next to Vic. I crawled over him to get next to the wall and sleeked under the blankets then stuffed my face into the pillow. Stevie joined me by climbing on my side then pawed at the blanket before curling into a small ball, she let out a content sight.

I was drifting off to sleep when Vic shifted abruptly and a whine escaped his still sleeping lips. It became obvious to me that he was having yet another nightmare, just like almost every night. I let out a soft sigh and rubbed his back trying to sooth him as much as I could without actually waking him up.., it seemed to work as his breathing was starting to steady. I closed my eyes, relaxing some now as random late night thoughts rolled around inside of my head.

-

School was hectic, and it seemed like everyone was more loud than usual. Someone shoved up against me, causing my open backpack to slide off and let out all the loose papers I had stuck it in.

With a loud groan I bent down to scoop up the papers, and I was already so done with today.
One of my good friends Gerard appeared out of no where and helped me shove my belongings back into the bag. "You okay today? You look pale" He looked me over before helping me back to my feet "Yeah, Just not having a good day" I said honestly. I haven't known him for that long, he's a knew student here but we have almost all the same classes together.

"Something happen?" He asked, a bit concerned.
"No, Nothing happened. My dad is back home so things are stressful"
Gerard didn't know much but he knew enough to know that my dad is bad news.
He nodded thoughtfully, and we walked down the hallway to our next class.

It felt like the walls were started closing in on us as my heart picked up pace dramatically.., My eye sight blurred and I had to open my mouth in an attempt to catch my breath but it was no use. I tried to regain my composure and lifted my cold hand to my forehead that had broken out into a sweat, I began to panic not knowing what was happening to me and I felt Gerard grab my arm and didn't realize how badly I was swaying when I walked. I heard Gerard say something but couldn't make out what it was over the ringing in my ears. Suddenly my knees gave out from under me and I felt myself hit the cold tile flooring before everything went black.

-

-Vic's POV-

Jaime and Ben stared at each other in an intense blinking contest during lunch. We all sat around watching them, waiting for one to blink. From the corner of my eye I saw Andy shaking his head while he looked to Danny who sat across from us. I slid my gaze over and saw Danny was getting impatient and didn't enjoy the odd silence. I chewed my lips and saw Andy lift his finger in warning at Danny who was about to cause a distraction. Danny gave an evil smile before lifting his hands to the air and slamming them down on the table between Jaime and Ben. "aaahhh!" Jaime said after he blinked from the sudden movement "Not fair!" He exclaimed as Ben lifted both arms in victory "The winner" Ben stated and bowed to the table. "Rematch!" Jaime demanded. They went on to get into some argument but I wasn't paying any attention as my phone began vibrating non stop in my pocket. It told m my mom was calling so I put the call on hold and excused myself from the table so I could get somewhere less noisy.

Making it outside the cafeteria I answered the call "Hey Mom" I said into the speaker. I heard quiet sobs from the other line and knew something was wrong "What is it Mom?" I pressed, as many wild thoughts skated through my mind, my brain trying to come up with an explanation on its own. She calmed herself and began to speak "It's Micheal" She trailed off. My mouth went dry at my brothers name "What happened?, Is he okay?" Concern began taking over my thought process, not letting me think straightly.
"He passed out in school earlier this morning, He's in the hospital now still unconscious. The Doctors are running many tests but they can't figure out whats wrong" She said, not pausing for any breaths. When she did breathe I heard the quiver in her voice and knew things were more serious than how she was trying to make it sound. My heart was beating faster as I tried to figure out what to do.
"Text me which hospital you guys are at and I'll get Jaime to drive me there after school, okay? Mom, calm down" I tried to get her to take deep breaths, assuring her everything was okay. When she calmed down a bit we said our goodbyes and I continued the rest of the school day in a daze, wondering what could have happened.

-

Jaime and I arrived at the hospital, the same one I was admitted to so I knew my way around.
After we got Mike's room number we rushed through the halls.., Well, I was rushing, Jaime was trailing behind me.

I found his room, the door was already wide opened so I walked in seeing my mom sitting next to Mike's hospital bed, Mike was awake but was staring at the blanket covering his legs. I stopped in my tracks when I noticed my dad leaning against the wall. Jaime wasn't as far behind me as I thought cause soon he entered the room but stood behind me, his hand resting against the door frame.

"What is he doing here?!" I asked, looking at my mom, I didn't even try to hide the anger in my voice.
She opened her mouth but my dad piped in before she could explain "Excuse me?" He said, lifting off the wall. "You don't have any right to be here!" I raised my voice at him and I could see the anger build up in his eyes, But I wasn't scared this time. I wanted him gone. "Well since I'm the one paying for the medical bills, and lets not forget that I'm the Father so I think I have every right to be here" He spat, and took a step towards me but stopped when Jaime pushed off the door frame and towered behind me.

A voice cleared from behind us, making me flinch at the sudden sound. I turned to see a Doctor standing in the door way. "Micheal Fuentes?" The Doctor said in a questioning tone, looking up from a clip board. Mike nodded but didn't make any eye contact with the man. "We ran many tests and X-Rays, and one came back positive."
The Doctor stepped into the room, handing a sheet of paper to my mom. "The MRI scan we ran showed us you have a small Tumor that we are led to believe is Cancerous."

I felt my heart hit the ground, and an eerie silence fell over the room as everyone stood in shock.