I'll Always Love You

Say it ain't so

-Vic's POV-

I found myself staring at the clock on the wall, its ticking was all I heard and it matched the beating of my heart. Mike still hasn't woken up and its been thee days. A sour feeling filled my stomach, making me shift uncomfortably in Jaime's arms. His grip tightened while he slept next to me, we've been sharing the same bed now since Mike has been in the hospital over nights making it hard for me to sleep, I had grown too use of sharing my bed I guess.

The early morning sun shined through the window blinds, giving the room a nice warm glow. My stomach pinched and I shifted again, this time I felt Jaime's eyes flutter open, his eyelashes tickled my neck making me move even more, "Something wrong?" He asked in his adorable sleepy voice.
"No. Go back to sleep" I said quietly but the mattress moved as he propped himself on one elbow and began to mess with my hair. "Did you even get any sleep?" He asked, eyeing me from where his head hovered somewhat over mine. "Mhm" I hummed and moved my head so I was facing him directly, giving him a quick peck on the lips. He let out a sigh when I pulled my lips away from his and as I laid my head back on the pillow, he went in for another kiss, a much longer one. My lips curled into a smile when we parted "Morning breath" I said, my voice a bit raspy from not being used all night. Jaime snickered "Shut up" He whined, resting his forehead on mine.

My phone started to vibrate on the bedside table, telling me I have a new text. I groaned, not wanting to unlock my eyes from Jaime's but I did anyways and grabbed the cell phone.

Slowly my eyes grew wide with excitement "Mike's awake" I exclaimed looking up to Jaime who brightened up as well "Oh my god. Lets get dressed and I'll drive us both to the hospital" He said and I nodded before leaving the warm comfort of bed.

-

I walked into Mike's hospital room, Jaime by my side. I felt a big amount of built up stress and worry float away at seeing him sitting up in bed, awake and most importantly alive. "Vic" My mom said, standing up from her seat with a smile. "Hey" I greeted her with a hug but didn't waste any time to walk over and give my brother an even bigger hug "Don't do that again" I told him with a stern tone but he laughed "I'm being serious, Micheal" I scowled at him "Okay, okay" He lifted his hands in defense but I don't think it was possible for me to even be mad at him right now.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, sitting in front of him on his hospital bed "I don't know.., numb" He answered truthfully "But they said they can try Chemo" Our mom chimed in with eyes that looked very alive. My mouth dropped "What changed their minds?" I asked when I regained my thoughts "We're not sure..," She trailed off, her eyes looked to Mike then back to me "But its a step in the right direction" She said with a nod of her head..., maybe there is hope. I turned to face Jaime but he was gone.

-Jaime's POV-

Vic's mom had just told us the good news when my phone started buzzing in my pocket. I rolled my eyes when I saw it was a phone call from my brother. I exited the room and answered it "What do you want?"
I asked coldly "Well hello to you to" He shot back "Alex just got here and our parents want you home.., now" He said the last part like a demand. "I can't right now" I hung up the phone, not wanting to deal with him. "Everything okay?" I heard Vic ask from behind me. I turned around, a bit startled from not knowing he was there "Yeah.. My brother was just being a dick" I breathed a laugh "So Chemo ?" I raised the question, not wanting him to ask any questions about Matt. Vic blinked a couple of times "Oh, right. I guess their going to go ahead with it, see if it helps" He smiled giving me butterfly's. "That's great" I said, bringing him in for a tight hug that I wanted to last forever.

"Lets go eat, Jaime" Vic said, reminding me that we hadn't even ate breakfast. "Yeah I'm hungry" I said but paused when I realized something, Vic wants to eat.
A big smile spread across my lips "Lets go" I grabbed his hand to lead him to the hospital cafeteria. "Slow down" He laughed but I didn't care.
♠ ♠ ♠
Family is over for Thanksgiving so not sure when I can update next.. Sorry this one was shorter than my others XP hope you all enjoy it anyways (: