I'll Always Love You

Sing me to sleep

-Jaime's POV-

Aggressively I shoved the front door of my house open. "You weren't even supposed to go!" I yelled at my brother after turning to face him.

Vic sheepishly made his way into the house after Matt had, Alex was right behind him. Quickly though he hid behind me. "What?, I can't go to dinner with my siblings? Its not like you were trying to hide the fact you have a boyfriend!" He shot at me, staring straight into my eyes. "You didn't have to be a complete asshole" I growled, feeling my skin burn with rage.

"What is going on?!" My father asked, emerging from the dark hallway behind me in his pajama pants. I forgot it was already 11pm. "Dad..., I'm sorry, I forgot the time-" I was cut off "What he's trying to say is that he's being a little whiny bitch" Matt chimed in, "That's whats going on." He added, looking at me with a scowl, "Would you fuck off!" I raised my voice again "enough!" Our father yelled, making Vic jump. I gently grabbed his arm to pull him towards me and press him tightly against my chest to calm him. I could tell all this arguing was affecting him and it made me start to kick myself for stooping to my brothers level. "Just go to sleep, we will discuss this tomorrow" My father said, obvious irritation in his voice. I nodded "Night" I said to him as he turned to leave. "Nice going dick" I whispered towards Matt so my dad wouldn't hear. Matt rolled his eyes and shoved past me only to disappear into the darkness of the hallway.

"Just ignore him Jaime" Alex said before leaving the room as well. I breathed a sigh then kissed the top of Vic's head "I'm sorry for all of that" I whispered into his hair. "Jaime, its fine" He lifted his head and smiled up at me. "No.., Its not. But never mind that, lets go to bed" I said, shooing him towards my bedroom.

Vic curled up to my side, resting his head on my chest while we laid in the bed. "Jaime" He dragged out my name, looking to me. "Do I have to do this every night?" I asked him and smiled despite my not wanting to sing. Since Mike isn't doing all that good Vic can't fall a sleep so I've been singing to him to help him drift off at night. "Yes you have to" He smiled widely at me, making the butterfly's go crazy. "Fine" I whined but really didn't mind singing to him at all. I shut off the lamp then brought my head closer to his "What song do you want me to sing tonight?" I asked him.
He took a moment to think, "When you can't sleep at night by Of Mice & Men" He decided on one of my favorite songs. I let the song play out in my head for a moment so I would remember the lyrics then began to sing to him. I almost finished the song when I felt him start to relax and his breathing steady. "Good night Handsome" I whispered, kissing his cheek.

-The next morning-

Slowly I drifted out of sleep but kept my eyes closed. Something was different though.. Vic isn't resting on me.

I moved my hand across the sheets in search of his body but found nothing. My eyes shot open and I lifted myself quickly from the mattress.
"Vic?" I said, my voice still raspy from sleep. I blinked a few times then threw the blankets off of me to go find out where Vic could have gone off to.

I moved through the hallway, hearing Vic laugh from the kitchen. "You're up early" I said through a yawn. "Actually, you're up late" Vic countered, pointing to the clock on the wall. It read 1:45pm. I felt my eyes go wide, "Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked and walked over to the coffee maker. "You look so cute when you sleep, I couldn't bring myself to wake you up" He said with a smile. Alex nudged him while laughing. "Whatever" I said, smiling back at him. He stood up from the bar stool in front of the kitchen counter and I saw he was wearing one of my hoodies that are a few sizes too big for him. I have to say, that hoodie looks better on him than myself. "I'm gonna go do the laundry" I told Vic, kissing his lips then grabbing my cup of coffee and heading back down the hallway to my bedroom. I could hear Vic and my sister talking, laughing. It sounded nice honestly..

I hummed to myself while picking up clothing off the carpet flooring of my room. I noticed the small amount of dirty clothing on Vic's bag from yesterday, may as well wash his stuff to. I threw the clothing I already had in my arms into the basket then began sorting Vic's things. After a moment of searching, I finally found his black jeans he wore stuck in the bottom of the bag. I don't see why he'd shove them under everything though. I shrugged and pulled them out, tossing them across the room and into the basket but something shimmering in the light caught my attention. I knew something must have fallen out of his pocket but I didn't see anything on the floor. I got up and started looking around but stopped abruptly when I felt something cold under my foot, I looked down after moving my foot and saw it.., A razor had fallen from his jeans.

I bit my lip hard, feeling my heart stumble around as I stared at the thin piece of metal. "Why" I whispered to no one. I picked it up and held it in my hand for a long time until I felt that I could walk again without tripping. I found myself walking to the kitchen but I heard no talking now.

Vic was sitting at the table, messing with his phone. "Come on" I said to him, pulling him out of the chair by his arm, "Whats wrong?" He asked, I didn't really bother to look back at him. "You'll see" I said, dragging him out of the house and to the edge of the forest in my back yard.
"Here, hold out your hand" I told him as he stood beside me. He eyed me in confusion but opened his hand anyways. I dropped the razor into his palm and watched his face as it turned pale and his hand began to shake. "Throw it" I said, "Throw it as hard as you can into the forest so it can never be found" I motioned towards the trees with my hand, glancing from him to the dark forest then back.

Rain lightly drizzled from the dark clouds above, making the mood almost unbearable. "Jaime...," He trailed off looking at his feet. "You promised me you wouldn't hurt yourself anymore" I reminded him when he didn't speak. He stayed silent. "This is the least you could do" I said and this time I could hear the hurt in my voice. He cleared his throat and finally lifted his eyes from the ground, "Okay" He spoke.

He took a deep breath then threw the razor deep into the woods. I stared blankly at the trees and let out a shaky breath. "I'm so sorry, Jaime" He whispered. I looked down to see tears streaming from his eyes "I know I promised.., I'm just a horrible person" He said and lifted the back of his arm to his face to wipe the tears. "Don't ever say that, Vic. You're not a horrible person" I told him, wrapping my arms around him to cuddle him tightly. "We all mess up. Just don't do it again" I whispered, holding him tightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Writers block is shit. ._. . I'm trying to decide on if I should keep this story going as it is or wrap it up and start on a part two.. Opinions are welcomed. (: And just so you all know, Mike isn't going to die xD I love Mike very much <3