I'll Always Love You

A Cluttered Mind

-Vic's POV-

I was staring out the car window as trees flew by.
I could't stop thinking about that kiss between me and Jaime.. And to think this entire time he had a crush on me.. I guess I should have followed my gut and told him that I really liked him. Maybe things wouldn't have happened this way if I did. Why did I have to chicken out so much? I can still feel the ghost of his soft lips on mine. When my Dad pulled the car into the driveway I could see my little brother Mike was home as well.
"Aren't you suppose to be in school kid?" I said as I shut the car door.
I grimaced at how tall he was getting. "Yeah and so are you" he shot back.
"well you aren't supposed to get in trouble like I do" I ruffled his hair as I walked by and in return he sprayed me with the water hose
"hey!" I said as I went to tackle him but a large hand dragged me into the house, reminding me exactly what was going on. I sighed and slumped on the couch.

Instantly his hand came across my face making it sting and burn "What the fuck where you thinking?!"
he yelled. I was thankful that Mike was outside rather than watching this. It would be even better if he was in school like hes supposed to be.
I kept quiet, I already know anything I say will just make it worse.
"How dare you kiss some boy like that?! I did not raise a faggot!" he used his words like daggers. If it wasn't for I was used to it I might have cried.

His one way argument continued for maybe a half an hour until he decided to go get another beer.
I took this chance to escape and lock myself in my room like I always do when hes mad.
Slamming the door, I slid my back down it until I felt myself reach the ground.
I began to burst into tears but not because of my yelling dad, I was scared Jaime will never talk to me again after what happened with my Father in that hallway.
I should have gotten his number so I could text him.....

I sat there crying and kicking myself for what seemed like a while. I heard my mom call for me and Mike saying it was time to eat dinner but I just stayed seated. I can't remember the last time I ate an actual meal. A sudden banging on my door made me jump a mile "Victor, I swear if you don't do what your mother tells you to I will break this door down and beat the shit out of you" my Dad yelled through the wooden door. I hesitated but knew he couldn't actually break it down, hes tried so many times.
"Open this door!" he demanded, but instead of doing as he says, I grabbed my note book from under my mattress and began lifting my window open.
"I will break it down!" he slurred from the other side but I was already on the roof and closing the window, just in case he did manege to get into my room, one of the benefits of being on the second floor.
I made my way across the roof and sat, leaning against the brick chimney. I could still hear his yelling but it was soon replaced by some AC/DC blaring through my headphones. it was already dark outside. Damn, How long have I been in there crying? I shook my head and opened my notebook to began writing whatever lyrics popped into my head. Most of them seemed to be about Jaime but that's okay.

It was weird that I felt this way for him.. I mean even before he was nice to me, I liked him and I don't know why. So many questions replayed over and over in my mind.. I still don't even understand why he was mad at me earlier today. And I had no idea my Dad hated gays but I really want to see Jaime again.. What if my Dad hurts him?

I can't let that happen.

I won't let that happen.

What are we going to do Preciado?