I'll Always Love You

Life in all its horror

-Vic POV-

I tossed and turned in my bed, sleeping alone was a lot harder to get used to than I thought it would be.

I huffed out a long sigh before finally grabbing my phone and scrolled through Instagram, one of the things I do when I can't sleep. As I looked at random pictures from different bands and a few from friends at school I heard a loud cry call from downstairs. "Mom?!" I yelled, jumping out of bed, almost tripping over Stevie who got spooked from the sudden movement.

I jogged down the stairs "Mom what happened?" I asked loudly, hoping she could hear me from her room at the end of the hallway. "Nothing!" She yelled in a distressed tone of voice. I continued my way to her room, despite her trying to talk me out of it. "Everything is fine Victor" She stated but I already made it to the door frame of my parents now torn up room. My eyes went wide seeing her on the floor bleeding from her palms as she picked up broken glass. "My God" I whispered and stepped slowly to her, picking her up by her arm then helping her to the master bathroom.

With gentle hands I washed the broken pieces of glass off her palms and even had to pick some shards out of her skin. "What did you do?" I asked blandly, still focusing on the blood that tripped into the sink. "I just knocked over a Vase while walking in the dark" She sounded exhausted, and only then did I notice her stomach had grown, showing that she actually was pregnant and not simply lying.

I briefly looked to the ceiling, wondering what else could possibly go wrong. "Look, I'll clean up the mess. Go back to sleep." I told her then quickly rubbed the blur out of my eyes. "No Honey, it's my mess not yours" She picked herself from the counter and began making her way back to the bedroom but just as she got to the door she slipped on the tile flooring, almost hitting the door with her head. "Mom!" I ran to her, "No, I'm fine" She insisted. "No, somethings wrong" I stated, picking her up by the arm again and helping her to her bed. "I'm just light headed" She pressed her palm to her forehead, taking in deep breathes. "Go to sleep" I told her just before I left the room in search of a broom.

After I picked up all the glass and made sure my mom was asleep, I got back to my bed and picked up my phone to make a call. A few rings passed until finally he picked up, "Vic?" Jaime asked, sounding almost excited on the other line. "Yeah, its me. Hey" I practically whispered out of pure stress. "Whats wrong?" He spoke softly. It still amazes me at times how he can easily tell when things aren't going good. "No one knows yet.., So keep this to yourself but.." I paused for a second to let go of a breath, "My mom's pregnant and I don't know what to do, Jaime" I looked up from the floor and to the wall, feeling Stevie run her tail against my back. "Wow.." He said, telling me he wasn't actually sure what to say at all. "Just hang in there. School starts back this week so we'll be able to see each other then"

He said, reminding me about School. "I can't wait" I spoke honestly with a short laugh and brief smile. Not seeing him for weeks has really taken its tole on me. "Get some sleep Vic, you sound like you've been hit by a truck" He told me in a serious tone, almost sounding like one of those fathers from TV telling their child what to do. "Yeah, it feels like I've been hit by one. I love you" I took a deep breath, not wanting to end the conversation. "Well, you know I love you too. Please get some sleep and don't forget to eat enough food everyday" He said, making very clean on the last part. I turned my attention to Stevie now.., not wanting to think about food. "Of course" I said quickly, my voice cracking. "Vic-" He started but I cut him off "See you on Monday, Darling. Goodnight" I swallowed hard, knowing he wouldn't let this go. "Goodnight." He sighed then hung the phone. I let out a drawn out breath before falling back on my bed.

-

I knew my father had no idea about the baby my mom was carrying, but it never crossed my mind to think ahead on how he would react to it, and better prepare myself.

-

The first thing I heard was Stevie growling, like she could sense the tension from downstairs.

I knew it was a bad sign but I stayed put in my bed, my eyes closed hoping I'd just fall back asleep.

But when are things ever that easy?

The wood panels of the staircase began to creek under the weight of a person storming up them. With no hesitation, he swung my door open and I knew all to well the look on his face when I decided to open my heavy eyelids. "Why" Was all I said as I rubbed my eyes slowly. "You knew about your mom this entire time, didn't you?" My father asked, a sneer planted on his lips. I knew it was no question he was asking, but I answered anyways, "Yes".

He nodded his head before looking away for a brief second. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't beat your face in" He slurred, making a rush of anger flood my veins. "You'll go to jail, theres your reason" I said flatly then turned so I was laying on my back. "Worth it" He said before walking towards my bed. "Go away" I told him in a stern voice but he ignored me. I shifted in my bed so that I was able to kick him from me but it was no use as he grabbed my ankles in a tight grip. I cried out from the pain of his grip and he pulled me off the bed, my blankets falling all around me as well. "Stop!" I yelled at him with force but he didn't care. He tried going for my face first but I blocked his hands with my own then kicked him so he fell on the ground. "Stevie" I called her before I left the room so she'd follow.

When I reached the living room I saw all the beer cans and a bottle of whiskey, its more than he's drank in a long time. I huffed a breath but everything began to spin when I heard him yelling from my room and I knew I had to do something quick or else he'll hurt me and maybe even Mom. I ran for the china cabinet against the wall of the living room, it held a shotgun that's been in the family forever. I tried to open the door to it but it was locked, probably to keep my dad out of it. I heard him throw a few curse words around and the panic within me rose. I grabbed the lamp on a side table and threw it against the glass door of the locked cabinet, making everything inside shatter but it did the trick. I grabbed the gun, not even sure how to use it but that didn't matter anyways as there was no ammo to be found anywhere. I let out a long dramatic sigh, wondering if I'll catch a break. With my back turned to the stairs I heard from the top of them "What the hell do you think you're doing?!" He yelled. I snapped the barrel of the shotgun shut, a loud sound ringing from it. I then pretended to load the chamber and turned around to face him. . "Get out!" I yelled at him, only now realizing he made it to the bottom of the stairs. "You wouldn't dare shoot me" He stated with a cocky lift of his chin. "Don't test me" I said back. "Vic?" I heard a small voice come from the hallway across the room. I look over to see my mom around the corner of the wall, holding her stomach. "Mom..." I whispered but a sudden movement from the corner of my eye made me jolt back to what was actually happening. "Stop!" I said, aiming the gun once again at my dad who just tried to take it from my hands.

A soft cry came from my mom as her knees hit the ground out of pain. I looked from her to my dad then back to her in panic of not knowing what to do anymore. She cried again but this time louder, making me shut my eyes for a second before I finally dropped the gun, not worried about it since it wasn't even loaded. I ran to my moms side, holding her arm in an attempt to help her up but all my effort was useless. I heard my dad walk to us but I didn't have enough time to process it before he grabbed my hair, pulling me away from her. "No!" I yelled to the ceiling as it was all I could see. He grabbed my shirt, lifting me from the ground then pulled all the way to the front door. "Don't come back!" he said, then threw me out the door, locking it behind me. I took a moment to take in what all just happened before lifted myself from the wooden floor of the porch then banged my fists against the door repeatedly "Let me in!" I yelled at the door but wasn't sure if anyone actually heard me. after a few minutes passed I became tired and let myself fall to the floor. I cradled my kneed to my chest, letting myself feel small as the cold breeze hit me with force.

I honestly tried to hold back the tears, wanting to be strong is something I always desired but it was no use. So I let myself cry just like I always do. I bit my lip to at least not sob, but my body shook as if I was.

After some time passed of sitting in silence, I remembered there was an extra cell phone in my moms car. I got to my feet and carefully tip toed down the front steps, trying to avoid the little piles of snow on them. Thankfully most the snow has melted so it wasn't to bad for my bare feet.

Luckily for me, my mom never locks her car, with that said, I made a mental note to quit giving her shit on not locking it up.

When I got into the passenger seat and shut the door I searched through the glove box until I finally found the device. It hardly had enough battery to make a call but it should be good enough.

I dialed Jaime's number from my memory, the only number I actually bothered to remember.

It rang for what felt like years but finally he picked up the phone "Hello?" He said, not sure who it was.

"Jaime its me, I need you to come to my house and pick me up" I said on the verge of tears.

"Whats wrong?" He asked quickly, sounding worried from my tone of voice. "Just come, I'll explain it all then"

I chewed on my nails, not wanting him to take long to get here. "Okay okay, I'm on my way" He said then hung up the phone. I sighed in relief ....., but when are things ever that easy?