I'll Always Love You

Let me know you're there

-Vic-

My body felt numb as I waiting in the car filled with cold and frigid air. What could possibly be taking Jaime so long to get here?. My sweat pants and Tonight Alive Tshirt don't do well for me today as the temperature seems to be dropping by the minute. I crossed my arms as a shiver ran up my bones but soon the peaceful silence of the closed in car was interrupted by the slamming of the houses front door.

"Fuck" I say under my breath as my father looks around the yard. Like I would have stayed out in the open like that. I bit my bottom lip before slowly reaching for the lock button on the doors arm rest. Only after I pressed the lock button did I remember it made a loud sound that would echo around the yard. I closed my eyes shut so hard, I saw stars when they opened, and I also saw my dad coming for the car.

I breathed out heavy, reminding myself over and over that he can't reach me with the doors locked. But the closer he got, the more scared I became. I scrambled across to the drivers seat as he reached the window.

When he pulled the handle of the door and nothing happened the anger spread across his face yet again. "Go away!" I yelled at the window he was on the other side of. "Leave me the hell alone!" I yelled again, wanting to make my point. His face filled with anger, making me feel small in the corner of the seat I was in. He then suddenly pulled his arm up and broke the window using his elbow. Before I could process what was going on he had the door unlocked and opened "Get away!" I yelled, kicked him away from me as he tried to get in the car. I looked over and out one of the backseat windows to see a woman walking her dog. She stood there staring before reaching quickly into her bag to pull a cell phone.

I ran out of the car, slamming the door behind me so that it hit my father right in the face. I didn't bother to look back, I just looked forward. I ran towards the forest next to my house, it wasn't a big one but I knew I could get away in there. The leafs crunched under my feet. I used my arms to move branches and vines out of my way, rocks and who knows what else was on the ground around me, hurting my feet. But I continued to run.

Abruptly I stopped in the middle of the woods, the sound of police sirens put me at a halt. Slowly I spun in place, trying to figure out where they were coming from but most importantly, where they were going. When the sound got closer and closer I ran in the direction of it.

I continued going to the sound and when I saw some light, a showing that the forest line was right in front of me, I felt relieved almost. When I crossed the line and out into the open, instead of my house or any house it was just an open area with nothing. Surrounded by trees. No road, no people, nothing.

"This isn't right" I whispered under my breathe as my eyes flicked from one point to the other. It took a moment but the sudden feeling of fear spiked through my cold muscles, causing my body to ache and fall to the ground.

-Jaime-

An officer stood in front of me as I sat in Vic's house.

"Look kid, we want to help" He told me.

I've been trying to explain to them for hours that I had no idea where Vic was, but they didn't buy it.

Slowly I ran my hand across my face, trying to rub off the stress as best to my ability.

"We're getting nowhere" The other cop whispered to the one in front of me. "I told you all I know!" I spoke up, possibly raising my voice too much, but don't they get it? I want to find him way more than they do.

More than anyone.

"Lets take a break" the officer said before patting my shoulder. I swatted his hand away. "Don't go anywhere" he added before leaving the room. I just shook my head and put on a fake smile. But on the inside I felt the rage and anger building up. They say they want to help find Vic, but what are they even doing? They're here questioning me instead of actually searching for him. The one they really need to be asking those questions to is his father. Speaking of him..., where was that bastard?

I stood from the couch and walked slowly to the kitchen where Mrs Fuentes was drinking from a black coffee mug. "You didn't see Vic this morning?" I asked to her back while stepping into the room.

She turned her head slowly to see me from the corner of her eye and already I knew she was about to lie to me. "No, I already answered that question" Her chin trembled as the words formed but quickly she faced the window again. "You're lying... you're covering up for your husband aren't you?"

She turned in her chair to face me completely now "What makes you think I'd lie?" She growled defensively, clutching her mug with one hand. "Vic gets that same look in his eyes when he lies.., the look you had when you just told me you haven't seen him" I informed her as I leaned against the counter and watched her closely. "That doesn't mean anything. Just because he's my son doesn't mean we share those kind of traits" She stood from the chair now, dumping her coffee into the sink then grabbing her keys "I'm going to work" She stated while writing on a small sticky note "Here's my cell number. Call if anything important happens" She brushed past me quickly, slamming the front door as she left.
"Vic also gets upset when I know he's lying to" I whispered to myself, missing him more and more with every second that passes.

Mike suddenly came through the door to the kitchen, reminding me that he was able to be home again. "Are those officers gone?" He asked quietly, moving his head so he could peek out the window. "Doubt it" I answered.

"The cars are still here..." He trailed off then quickly ran out of the kitchen, a smile planted on his face. "Tony!" I heard him yell from the front door. I grinned to myself, already knowing what was going on. I lifted Stevie from off the floor and held to my chest, trying to focus on anything but Vic so I won't break down in tears. "Do you know where he ran off to Stevie?" I whispered to her fur as she brushed her head against my chin.