I'll Always Love You

Down to the last wire

-Jaime-

It was hours, then days. Days turned into weeks. Before I knew it, two months had passed and still no one could find Vic.

I can't count how many search teams have searched all over the state and so many amber alerts were aired on local TV. But nothing. No sign of him. I guess now would be the time to panic, but I've been in panic mode ever since I found out he was gone. My parents worry about me since I don't talk much anymore and even my brother is being strangely nice. My sister call's me daily but most of the time I just ignore it. Actually I ignore my phone all together, trying to avoid other people and anything that would remind me of Vic. It's cliché but when I miss him the most I'll call his phone just to hear his voice calmly say his voice mail.

But today was different. Today I didn't have time for that. Today school starts back from spring break.

I already spent maybe 20 minutes in the schools parking lot, not wanting to leave the safety of my car. I listened to My Chemical Romance, trying to pull out any bit of energy I had left so I could make it through the day without breaking down and crying. Suddenly a hand hit my window, making me jump and leave the comfort of my thoughts.

"Danny!" I groaned, glaring at the smirking man. "Come on out!" He yelled. I couldn't possibly be mad with that accent though so I pushed the door open and grabbed my backpack before leaving.

The halls of the school make me anxious. So many people. I had grown used to being alone and separating myself from others became a hobby of mine. But I guess I can't avoid them anymore

I could tell the question was burning on the tip of Danny's tongue,

'Anything new about Vic ?'

I didn't want him asking.

The day was long, extremely long. Many teachers tried to tell me they were there for me, but I didn't want anyone. I only wanted Vic.

Lunch came around and I tried my best to skip it. As I walked the opposite direction of the cafeteria doors, Andy looped his arm around mine, pulling me back to the lunch hall, "You're not getting away that easy" He stated. I stumbled the entire way there since he was practically dragging me. He forced me down to my seat at the table "Our we on baby sitting duty now?" Ben asked regarding Andy. "He thought he could just not have lunch with us, I'm offended" Andy said in his joking tone. I noticed his girlfriend Juliet was sitting with us instead of her other friends. "I like what you did with your hair, Juliet" I complimented her before anyone could ask the big question.

"Thank you, Jaime" She glared at Andy, "So. Danny, Ben, how's that band thing going" Andy asked changing the subject quickly. "Wonderful" Danny beamed "I give the band two years tops to make it big" Ben chimed in.

"You guys started a band?" I asked not knowing about any of this, "Yes. We're stilling working on a name but we have some talented fucks forming it" Danny informed me. "That’s exciting" I spoke in honesty. Something about the sound of being in a band gave me butterfly's.

I picked at my apple, hardly finishing the food I had in front of me. My mind wandered, finding a place I tried to keep out of. I wondered of Vic was eating enough, wherever he is. That is…. If he's alive.

At that, the tears began surfacing up from my eyelids. I shut them quickly then grabbed my lunch tray and went to leave the cafeteria. Just before I reached the door, the bell rang.

I didn't want to do this anymore. So I left the school and went to the park, the one Vic and I always went to after school.

I sat at the end of the slide, the tears streaming down my cheeks. I looked at the swings where I asked Vic to be my boyfriend. I cradled my knees to my chest, sobbing. I remembered how I sat in this same spot and Vic slid down the slide, running into my back with the softest thud.

I laid back and rested on the slide, looking up at the sky. I prayed to a God that I wasn't sure existed but I ran out of options.

I felt the rain slowly start to drizzle over me but I couldn't bring myself to get up. My phone began to buzz in my pocket making me jump. I slowly pulled it from my pocket and got ready to just ignore the call but I stopped. The screen read "Vic" and my hearts pace started to quicken. I answered as quick as my fingers would let me as I sat up "Vic?" I whispered into my phone. "Its Mike" The other person said. I pushed the air out of my lungs that I had been holding in "Mike seriously?!" I screamed in anger and despair. "For God's sake, Jaime! I didn't have your number and needed to tell you something!" He yelled as well, reminding me that I'm not the only one stressed out over here. "What is it?" I tried to calm myself. "The police think they know how to find Vic" He said slowly "But we really need your help", "What do I have to do?" I asked reluctantly, still not wanted to do much of anything anymore.

Mike hesitated, "You know Kellin, right? You have a way of talking to him" I felt the anger rise again "What would he have to do with any of this" I wasn't sure I wanted to know the answer. "The police think he might know something….," Mike knew I hated Kellin, "Michael, get to the point", "One of the search teams found" He paused, "They found blood behind Kellins house, Jaime. It's Vic's" He began to cry.

I shot up from where I sat on the slide "I'll get to the bottom of this" Was all I said before hanging up the phone