I'll Always Love You

Despair

-Vic-

I told Kellin I was getting us some popcorn, but instead I'm hiding in a closet downstairs after stealing Josh's cell phone.

"Jaime?" I whispered after hearing his beautiful voice reach me through the speaker. I heard the shock and emotion from him all at once and it brought tears to my eyes for the second time tonight. "Where are you?!" He practically yelled at the phone but I wasn't ready just yet to tell him that…, not after what Kellin told me. "I'm fine…" I avoided the question and before he could ask again I spoke "I know about you and Alex" I blurted. "Alex?" he whispered, "Vic, what does Alex have to with anything?" I shook my head "Stop.., I know whats going on"

He sighed slowly and I knew he felt relieved. "Babe… There is nothing going on. Please I need to see you"

I closed my eyes to compose myself. "There's nothing between Alex and I…." His voice trembled. "Really? That’s not what I heard" I pressed harder. "Heard..? Who the hell told you otherwise?" I could hear him getting angry. "Um…." I hesitated.

"Who said it" His voice was stiff and angry.

I broke down into tears hearing him like this. "Vic…. Please don't cry" He sighed on the other end. "I..I just-" My words stumbled not letting me finish.

"Shh, Just tell me where you are so I can come get you" He changed his tone to a much more soothing one now.

I was about to tell him I couldn't say where I was when Kellin yelled "Vic, where did you go?!" As he jogged down the stairs. I covered my hand over my mouth to stop the gasp from leaving my lips.

"Was that… Kellin?" Jaime asked but I never took my hand from my mouth. "Vic? What the hell" Kellin shouted again.

Suddenly the phone call ended.

"No" I whispered looking at the phone.

Abruptly the closet door swung open "What are you doing?" Kellin asked. His eyes flicked to the cell phone in my hand and his face grew angry. "You called Preciado, didn’t you!" He shouted making me flinch. "I.., I needed to hear his voice" I mumbled against my knees that I pulled to my chest.

Kellin grabbed my shirt sleeve, pulling me from the closets floor so quick that I couldn't protest. "What is your obsession with him?!" He shouted straight to my face. I backed up, fear making my skin go pale.

Before I knew it, my back was to the wall and I had no where to run to. "You're supposed to be with me!" He got louder the closer to me he got. "Kellin.." I whispered, holding my hands out in front of me in defense

Hide your fear

I told myself.

Be brave

I composed myself and lifted my eyes just in time to watch Kellin smack his hand across my face, making me fall instantly to the ground. He towered over me before grabbed my shoulder and flipping me around so I laid on my back. "No!" I yelled, my body trembling from the fear and flash backs of my dad. Kellin grabbed my wrists and pinned them above my head before I could protest. "Get off of me!" My voice was strained and my body shook more as the tears breached my eyes.

"He can't have you!" Kellin yelled back then straddled my waist.

Joshua ran down the stairs but stopped abruptly when he saw us in the hallway. "Stop!" Josh yelled and ran to Kellin. As soon as Josh reached him, Kellin took his hand from my wrist and shoved the boy back so hard he broke the hallway table from impact. Josh was out cold.

With my hand now free, I wanted to hit Kellin to get him off me.., but all I could think about was not being like my father.

I grabbed a fist full of his hair and yanked until he stumbled off me from the pain. Once I was on my feet I wasted no time and ran for the front door, knowing Jaime had to be on his way, but something took my feet out from under me and I landed hard on my hands. I looked back only to see Kellin had grabbed my ankle and was now getting on my back and pinning my face to the floor.

We both were panting now, trying to grab air and pull it to our lungs. It was silent and I guess Kellin now had time to actually process what all he has done.

"Vic…." He whispered, getting off my back "I didn't…" He trembled. "I didn't mean to hit you". He was almost in tears now but I didn't speak. I couldn't bring myself to look at him. The pain I felt made my body shake. A series of knocks came from the front door at the end of the hall. I flinched at the sudden sounds but still didn't get up.

"Vic, go to my room" Kellin ordered and I ignored him. "Go to my room!" He yelled now, getting angry again. He pulled me by the back of my shirt causing me to stumbled backwards and hit the floor with a loud bang. The front door handle shook from the other person trying to open it but it was locked so they didn't get very far. "Open this door!" I heard them scream but my ears were ringing from my head hitting the floor so it made it hard to hear who it was. Soon I couldn't feel the ground beneath me, it was replaced with a pair of arms carrying me up the stairs. I looked up and saw Kellin's face.., he was crying. I hated when he did that. I reached up, slowing wiping the tears from his cheeks as they fell. The sound of a door slamming open made me jump and before I knew it he laid me on the bed. I was really out of it. Everything was spinning and sounded like I was under water. I blinked slowly but for some reason my eyes wouldn't open back up and then there was only darkness and no sounds around me.