I'll Always Love You

Baby Daddy

-Vic-

I woke up before Mike. The stress was making it hard to sleep, so I let my mind wander off.

With this time to myself I was able to think and try to get my shit together. I didn't like to admit it, but I was scared of my father. I put up a strong front as best as I can for Mikes sake but I'm so much weaker than I seem.

I wanted to leave this place, but I cant bring Mike with me.. I can't just leave him here. And what about my mom now? She's bringing another person into this mess of a family. Why didn't she just leave my dad when she had the chance…

I sighed and opened my eyes. I began to stare at the wall that Mike had littered with band posters. He groaned from next to me before rolling over and burring his face into the back of my shirt. A smile crept onto my lips from the contact and small reminder that he's okay. He's alive. He's getting better. I don't know what I'd do without him. He's my baby brother and I watched him grow up. Hell, I pretty much raised him.

"You smell weird, Tony" He mumbled into my back. I chuckled at him assuming I was his boyfriend. Does that mean they've been slipping together? ..

The realization that I wasn't Tony suddenly hit him, and he shot up from the bed. I rolled over onto my back just in time for him to pounce onto me.

"Vic!" He yelled. A sound that resembled a dying cow left my mouth and before I could get a word out he started rambling.

"You're here! You're okay! Where were you? Did the police find you? Were you kidnapped? Did they take you to a warehouse and tie you up and you had no other choice but turn ninja or be like one of those guys from Assassins creed and kill everyone? Did you kill everyone and now you're running away from the law and you need a place to hide? Is that why you're in my bed?"

He went on for ages while still clinging to my chest tightly. His randomness made me laugh and even caused my eyes to get all watery. God I missed him.

"Mike, enough," I said, getting his attention "I'll explain later what happened" Reluctantly he nodded in agreement but I could tell by the way his eyes danced around the room that he had so much more randomness to tell me.

"Can you cook some bacon" He asked after a moment and lifted himself from my chest to look at me. "Of course" I said, and how could I possibly say no?

He smiled widely then bounced off the bed in excitement, but once his feet hit the floor he had to grip the wall to steady himself then held his head in his free hand.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked urgently, throwing the blankets off of me so I could aid him.

"Yeah.., just," he paused "the medicine makes me light headed" He said weakly but smiled nevertheless. I guess it made sense but I wasn't going to let him fall and hurt himself so I helped him down the stairs of the house, even though he said he was fine and that he could do it himself. "Take it easy, Mike. You're not Mighty Mouse." I almost scolded him as he sat at the table in the kitchen.

"Vic, for the last time, I'm fine!" He whined like a child. I shot him a look as if to say 'save it' then grabbed the pack of bacon from the fridge and began unwrapping it. "Where have you been?" He asked, turning deadly serious.

I sighed and focused on the bacon. I really didn't feel like explaining it all. "Just hiding from Dad" I said quietly.

Mike nodded in understanding. I could tell he wasn't letting this go, but for now he held his burning questions in.

Our conversation from there was about school. I had a shit ton of summer school to do to make up for what I missed but Mike on the other hand finished with all A's. I couldn't have been more proud.

A few knocks came from the front door, interrupting our conversation. "Expecting anyone?" I asked, looking at him in confusion. But he looked just as confused as I was as he shook his head no. I stood from my seat and went to answer the door.

When I opened the door I half expected Jaime to be there, but no, it was a total stranger. A tall man with short black hair and a bit of facial hair. "Can I help you?" I asked him, raising an eyebrow. I had to admit, he was super good looking, but obviously way older than me. "Is Valerie here?" He asked. "And who are you?" I asked almost defensively. It wouldn’t be the first time some Bar trash my mom had a one night stand with came up to the house asking for her.

"I'm Austin" He smiled brightly. It was a very warming and inviting smile, I liked it. "Umm" I said, hesitating for a moment. I glanced towards my parents bedroom, not sure if I should let this guy in. "I know you don't know me," he said, bringing my attention back to him, "But I really have to talk to Valerie. Is she your mom?" He suddenly asked. I nodded and gave what he said some thought.

"I'll get her" I finally decided to trust him. He seemed genuine enough. "Just sit on the couch while I go get her." I told him and he nodded, taking a seat after I closed the door behind us. Mike peered around the wall to see what was happening. "Do you know him?" I whispered to him when I got closer to him. He looked back to Austin then back to me and shook his head to say no. "Go eat" I ordered him then walked past to go down the hallway where the bedroom was.

My dad should be at work so I don’t have him to worry about him, otherwise I probably would have told that guy to take a hike.

"Mom?" I asked and lightly knocked on her door. It was 9am so I wasn't exactly expecting her to be awake yet.

I opened the door slowly to peek in and make sure she was decent but just as expect, she was in bed still.

"Mom" I said loud enough for her to hear. She shifted a moment then rolled onto her back "Mhm?" She asked sleepily and rubbed her eyes.

"A guy by the name of Austin is here…" her eyes shot open "He said he has to talk to you, he's in the living room waiting." I informed her. She seemed in a daze before finally saying 'okay' quietly and shooed me off so she could get dressed.

I walked past the living room but stopped abruptly before I got to the kitchen. Mike was sitting on the floor in front of the TV, playing one of his war games. Sitting next to him was Austin, also playing the video game. Mike doesn't just let anyone play his games.

"How are you so good at this?!" Mike almost yelled when his guy got shot down. Austin laughed lightly "Since I got back from overseas I've had enough free time to brush up on my Call Of Duty" He explained. "You're in the military?" I asked before Mike could say anything. This guy just kept getting more interesting.

He looked over at me and nodded. "Just spent about 3 years overseas about a year ago" He said. I nodded, taking in the information. The game started back up and just like that both of them were engulfed in it. An actual live bomb could go off next door and they'd still be glued to the TV I bet.., well at least Mike would be.

I sat in silence watching them. I tried to learn all I could about this man just from how he acts and the words he uses. He has a good nature about him so far.

Mom soon emerged from the hallway. She looked great for someone whose stomach looks like its going to pop at any moment. "Austin, what are you doing here?" She asked accusingly. He smiled at her shyly then put the controller down to stand up. "Can we talk outside" He asked with his eyes glued to her belly. "Fine, but make it quick" She folded her arms then sauntered to the door, Austin following in toe.

Once the door was closed I looked at Mike "You let him play your game?" I asked in confusion. Mike shrugged "He seemed pretty cool." He said then started his game, which was a sign that he wanted no further questions.

I chewed on my lip, lost in thought. Mom obviously didn't want to talk to him.., but why? He seemed nice enough. Maybe he isn't nice and he was faking it?

Before I could think any further on the subject the front door swung open and in came my mom. "Leave and don’t come back, Austin!" She yelled at him before trying to slam the door in his face. He caught the door with his foot then tried to open it but my mom held it in place. "You can't just run from this, you realize that don't you?" He said sternly but didn't yell like she was. "There's nothing to run from! I know this baby isn't yours!" She yelled furiously, like the words she spoke were fire on her tongue.

So that's why he's here. She's always tried to fill this void within her with drugs but sometimes it wasn't enough and she'd go out and have one night stands. I've known this. But she isn't careless enough to get pregnant.

"You don't know that. At least get a test so I can have some peace of mind" Austin pleaded. Mike now paused his game to look at the two of them arguing from the front door. His face scrunched up in confusion but before he could ask any questions our mom spoke up "I can still smell some Bacon in the kitchen, Michael" She said and just like that Mike was up and making a beeline for the food.

Mom shook her head then focused back on Austin. "Fine, if it'll make you leave me alone" She whisper yelled. Austin nodded, looking a bit relieved. "Now go" She demanded. He nodded again "I'll be back next week. That'll give you enough time" He stated softly. She rolled her eyes and soon Austin let up on the door and it slammed shut.

"Is he the father?" I asked when she turned around. "No" She said stubbornly. "Could he be though?" I pressed. My first thoughts were how mad my own father would be, then I wondered if Austin would take this child from my mom.., and should he?

"He's not Victor. Now stop asking questions" She said in a deathly tone before going back to her room. All I can do now is sit back and watch this train wreck happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm pretty busy with trying to straighten out college shit and summer trips so honestly updates are taking a back seat. I feel like this story is going on forever but its okay cause I like writing it. Love throwing Austin into the mix TBH. Also I didn't know if I gave their mom a name yet... either way she has one now.

I'm super late on the times right now BUT i actually made a twitter account so if anyone is interested in following me on there than this is my profile https://twitter.com/DeathPunchLena

Thanks for reading, recommend, and commenting. I love the feedback and love when people like my shit. THANKS. I will make an effort to update again shortly. stay safe guys xoxo