I'll Always Love You

Big Sister Knows Best

-Days later, Sunday. Jaime's POV-

A loud ringing ripped me from the comfort of deep sleep. I curled in my blankets trying to block out the noise but it wouldn't stop. "someone get the door!" I yelled and rolled over on my bed but the door bell was still being rung. I huffed and kicked the blankets off of me and looked at the clock that told me it was 7 o'clock in the morning. who in their right mind would bother people this early? I dragged myself down the hallway as the bell repeated over and over "Okay I'm coming! sheesh" I yelled.
I swung the door open and a familiar woman tackled me from the other side "you evil witch! get off me" I said to my older sister while laughing. she helped me up when she got on her feet and laughed some to "Look whose staying for a couple of months" she sang while pointing both her thumbs at her self.
"woah, really? awesome" I smiled at her and held my hand up for a high five and she delivered.

"wait how come? did someone die" Not that I don't want my sister here but she lived all the way in New York and only visits during the holidays so this is unexpected "No one died Jaime" she laughed "I'm coming a month early to help mom with the family reunion. Its going to be held here this year" I gasped at the new information "why hasn't anyone told me? and why does it have to be here? why not at aunt Gingers house like it always is" I did not want my wild family running around my house and little kids sneaking into my room to mess with my precious belongings. "Calm down, it'll be fine" she pointed to the door "now, would you be a gentleman and help me bring my bags in?" I sighed looking up to the ceiling as if the ceiling god was going to fix this "Yeah come on" I said heading for the door after regaining my composure.

After helping my sister Alex get her stuff into the guest room I went into the kitchen to start making breakfast. As I scanned the fridge for eggs I noticed a green apple sitting on a shelf in the door and it automatically made me reminisce on a time when me and Vic went to a food market before school since we both arrived away too early. We ended up throwing apple's at each other as if they were grenades and made little kids believe they would actually explode. It made me miss Vic so much. I wish this day would be over already so I can see him tomorrow.

"Jaime?" my sister interrupted my thoughts "huh?" I said dazing off a bit still "are you okay?" she eyed me a bit than took the carton of eggs out "oh.. Yeah I'm fine" I gave a nervous laugh and shut the fridge door "you seem a bit off though. whats on your mind?" she began preparing the stove "its just.. there's this guy at my school-" she widened her eyes as she cut me off by waving her hand "My little Jaime has a crush?!" she smile getting excited "kind of.." I said giving a nervous smile "awww baby" she cradled me in her arms "is he your boyfriend yet?" she asked still not letting go. "well not really.. I got us both suspended from school but before we left, he kissed me" she let me go and held my shoulders at arms length "his Dad kind of saw and got super mad though" I trailed off remembering what all happened "well screw him, right? If he kissed you that means he likes you and nothing should stop you from asking him out" she smiled and nodded "yeah I guess so. I don't really wanna cause drama between him and his family though" she rolled her eyes "don't worry about them" she said before going back to her eggs. "do you want yours scrambled?" she asked "yeah, they'll match how my brain feels" I said while sitting down on the bar stool. she continued cooking and I continued on day dreaming about tomorrow.