I'll Always Love You

They always come running back.

It felt way too early to be awake, but I was. I was laying on my stomach and Jaime had his arm draped across my back and his face rested in the crook of my neck. For weeks now we've had to sneak around behind my moms back. I honestly didn't mind though, its been exciting. Jaime on the other hand doesn't like doing it. He says he always feels like we're going to get caught and we'll never see each other again, but he does it nevertheless.

The sun was just starting to rise and pour in through the blinds covering my windows. "Jaime" I whispered, nudging him a little so he would wake up. A groan sounded from his mouth, telling me he was awake. "You should probably go before my mom wakes up." I said in almost a whisper. He groaned again in protest then tightened his arm around me. A small smile spread across my lips before I snuggled closer to him and ran my fingers through his spiky hair.

From downstairs I could hear the front door opening then slamming shut. I assumed it was Austin but oh was I wrong. The familiar sound of rough and worn out boots stomped across the old hard wood floors in the hallway next to the kitchen.

"Jaime you really need to go" I said abruptly and pushed him off me. "That Austin dude isn't coming up here though. He never does." Jaime said in between yawns. "My mom will be up and we cant be caught" I said trying not to sound panicked. "Alright. Alright. I'll see you tonight?" He asked with a pout. I rolled my eyes and kissed his lips deeply. "I'll go to your house tonight" I said when our lips parted. He smiled and kissed me again before rolling off the bed and slipping his shoes on. The noise down stairs seemed to have seized for now. He probably went into Moms bedroom.

With one last kiss Jaime was out the window and onto the roof. He slowly climbed down the tree a little to the right of my window and then he was gone.

I sighed with relief and let my back slide down the wall next to my window. Thankfully my dad didn't speak, so there was no way for Jaime to know it wasn't Austin. If he had found out there would have been no way to stop him from going down stairs to curse my dad out.

After gathering some will power, I lifted myself from the floor and left my room to go check on Mike. Of course he was peacefully sleeping next to Tony. I let out a breath then headed down the stairs to get to the kitchen but just as I was half way down, Austin opened the front door. I cursed under my breath and quickly got to the door, pushing Austin back out of it.

"You can't be here" I said sternly. Austin rolled his eyes "We've been over this Vic" He said sounding exasperated. I shook my head though at his words. I wasn't trying to be a brat like normal, I actually had a reason for him to not be here this time. "No. My dad is back" I informed him. He bit his lip and nodded in understanding. Mike, who has a big mouth, told Austin a little too much about our father. I actually don't think there is anything he doesn't know about the man anymore.

Before Austin could turn to leave, a door slammed from inside the house followed by shouting. Austin shoved past me in a hurry and got into the house before I could even try to block him. Of course he would act rash, what seems like a major argument to him was simply a normal day in my life and he would never understand that. With a groan I reluctantly turned on my heel and followed the outsider to the living room where the shouting was taking place. The shouting got more clear now that we were inside the house and as I expected it was about the baby.

"It could still be your child!" My mom yelled in a pleading tone. They were on either side of the coffee, glaring at each other. But what caught my eye was my dad. He didn't look angry.. Just upset. He wasn't standing in a hostile manner like he usually would. He gritted his teeth then shook his head like he couldn't believe her. "We will know in a few days" My mom finally spoke, breaking the awkward silence. My dad scoffed then stormed past Austin and I, leaving the house.

So many questions suddenly filled my mind. What the hell was he even doing here after vanishing like that for so long? I shouldn't have gone after him, but I did. My legs were running out the door before I could even stop to think. But he wasn't going towards his car to leave again like I thought he would. He was walking the opposite direction, going to the back yard. I breathed out then started in a light jog to catch up with him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked when I caught up. He glanced down at me but kept walking. "I live here" He said simply. "Do you?" I countered. "You've been gone for months without a single word" I said, standing in front of him now to make him stop walking, but he went around me. "I had my reasons" He said in monotone, not giving me any clue. "Where were you?" I prodded again. "Places, Vic" He said sternly and without getting mad. I stopped walking and forwarded my eyebrows at him. Normally my mere presence would piss him off, why isn't he mad? Why didn't he get mad at mom? Where the hell was he?

When he noticed I wasn't walking anymore he stopped to and turned around to face me. "Why would you follow me out here and bug me when you know my temper?" He asked, taking me off guard. Was he reading my mind?

I swallowed then decided on what to finally say. "You should leave. And don’t come back this time" I said, the anger in me rising. Before he could say anything I turned and began walking back to the house. Why he didn't go after me and try to beat the shit out of me, I don’t know.
♠ ♠ ♠
yeeeeeep thats happening.