I'll Always Love You

The Warmth Of Another

-Sunday Vic's POV-

I tried to sleep in as late as possible do to the fact I have to wake up early tomorrow for school but this loud banging from downstairs told me it wasn't happening. What could Mike possibly be doing to make so much noise? I knew my Dad was at work and my mom locked herself in her room again so it had to be Mike.

I groaned as I lifted myself off the mattress and pulled on a pair of pants. as I reached the top of the stairs I could tell now that it was one of Mikes stupid video games about war or something. since I'm already up, may as well try to check on my mom. I padded down the stairs and noticed not one but two heads in front of the TV screen in the living room "Hey Tony" I said to Mikes friend.
He turned around to face me and gave a shy smile than turned back to the screen to continue whatever game they were playing, he never really did talk much.

I passed by the TV, going into a hallway where my parents bedroom is.
I smiled to myself when I heard both the boys yell at the game in frustration and Tony even threw his Star Wars hat in anger. I shook my head and crept down the dark hallway that held an eerie silence.
I knocked on the bedroom door a couple times before trying the door knob but it was still locked.
"Hey Mom? You okay in there?" I asked and honestly didn't even expect an answer from her. This is her way of throwing a fit when my Dad refuses to get her anymore pot or some other drug. I don't really know what shes on now n days. I tried knocking one last time "I can make you something to eat if you like" I said but heard nothing from the other side. I just hope she's okay. With a sigh I turned and made my way back to the main room.

"Mike did you guys eat yet?" I asked when I made it out the hallway. "No" He said with a distant voice, focusing way to hard on this game. "Alright well what do you want to eat?" I asked while walking to the kitchen. "Bacon" was all he said. I rolled my eyes. Its a wonder he stays so skinny with his food choices.
I checked the clock and it said it was 9AM.

If only tomorrow would come sooner.

-

-Monday-

I hated gym class so much and was relieved when it finally finished. I guess Jaime couldn't make it to school today since I didn't see him in English. I was really disappointed but I suppose there's always tomorrow, right?

In the locker room I changed into my clothes while no one was watching. It might be strange or gross even but I don't take showers here where anyone can see my arms, I'm already picked on enough as it is. as I grab my bag and begin walking to the exit a hand snatches the strap of my bag causing me to fall backwards "what the fuck?" I said while turning my head to see who it was, lo and behold it was one of the football players. "did you just curse at me faggot?" he asked with a harsh tone. I swallowed hard and looked away "look I'm just trying to get out of here and go home" I tried to reason but knew it was no use. "aww the kitty wants to go home, how sweet" he said while walking a circle around me and other jocks joined in. I got to my feet and scanned the room trying to find a teacher but we were alone.

"Oh come on, try to run for the door or something" he taunted but I knew very well they can out run me.
suddenly I was shoved to the floor and a large foot put pressure on my back so I would stay in place
"what are you doing?!" I yelled through my clenched teeth but they completely ignore me.
the foot applied more pressure and I heard my bones begin to crack. "Let me up!" I yelled again
"Hey guys, I think he wants up" the jock said with a somewhat sarcastic tone "yeah lets get him up" one of them said and I had a really bad feeling about this. the foot left my back but two of the guys grabbed me by the arms and hauled me up quickly but they didn't let go, instead they held me in place and one of them stood in front of me. "well you're up now, what should I do with you?" he eyed me than pointed his finger to the ceiling "oh I know just what to do!" he said while wearing an evil smirk. before I knew what was happening, I was being punched in the gut over and over until I couldn't stand on my own and the other two jocks had to hold me up. the pain was actually dull rather than sharp and it seeped through my muscle and eventually made my whole body ache. I was starting to black out when I heard a familiar voice "What do you guys think you're doing?!" Jaime yelled form across room. suddenly I was dropped to the ground but I have no idea whats happening.

soon Jaime was by my side and lifted me up carefully "Vic are you okay?" he asked sounding really worried. "yeah I think I'm fine" I lied. I feel like shit but there's no need for him to worry so much. "you don't look fine. I'm taking you to the doctor" he stated and tried to lift me up even more but I protested "No Jaime. I'm fine" he sighed and sat me down on a bench. "If you say so..." he trailed off.
"where were you today?" I asked instantly "I had to skip school and help my sister with a few things but I really wanted to see you so I thought maybe I could drive you home or something" he blushed a little and looked down at his hands. He looked so cute when he did that. "are you sure you're okay?" he asked again. I rolled my eyes "yes" I told him. He gave a weak smile and held my hand in his. it felt so nice to have the his warmth on my hand,

it instantly made me want more.