I'll Always Love You

I Regret Nothing

-Jaime POV Monday-

It sucked that my sister persisted I stayed home today to help her out. Not like I'd rather go to school but I was looking forward to seeing Vic. I decided I'd barrow my moms car and see if I could get Vic to grab something to eat with me after school than take him home. I arrived at the parking lot of the high school just as students were being let out. I waited outside my car for quite a while when I noticed the bus that Vic takes was leaving without him. Maybe he walked home? I don't he lives that close to here or else he wouldn't be on a bus rout... right? I was confused until it dawned on me he had gym today. he must have been the last one to score a shower.

I walked through the hallways til I reached the gym, as I made my way across the basketball court, I heard a voice yell out in pain from inside the locker room. I had to stop for a moment to think but it didn't last long as more distressful noises echoed around the large room and I realized it was Vic. I ran for the room but the door was locked, I didn't even know these doors locked. I began to panic and pushed trying to break it open but it didn't work. I resorted to kicking the door open, it took two tries but it finally busted open and I was able to jog over to where the noise was coming from.

"What do you guys think you're doing?!" I yelled at these four asshole football players who had an unfair advantage over small Vic who looked like he was about to pass out any minute now. "Well if it isn't that stupid gay kid" one said. the two guys holding Vic up dropped him and he fell straight to the floor, he seemed unconscious and that really got me worried. I tried not to think about that, right now I have four dick heads that are way bigger than me looking for a fight. "Well if it isn't that guy who has sex with his mom" I shot back to the one who seemed to be some kind of leader over the other three.

He clenched his fists and glared at me. Maybe that wasn't such a good idea...
He stepped closer to me and poked my chest with his index finger "You know what Preciado, I'm really going to enjoy kicking your ass and watching you bleed" he said just before one of the other guys kicked my legs out from under me causing me to fall flat on my back. I groaned as I tried to lift myself back up but suddenly they all began kicking me. In a short burst if energy I grabbed the leg of the one closest to my reach and pulled it as hard as I could causing him to hit the ground with a loud thud. I turned over and kicked the other one that was out of reach from my hands. I felt their ankle snap from the impact, making me grimace. one of them quickly got on me to restrain my arms. I looked around and it seemed the other guy disappeared. Maybe he got scared? I laughed to myself with the small victory, but the battle was yet to be won.

"whats so funny you worthless shit?!" the guy restraining me asked. "its just ironic that you called me gay when you're the one straddling on top of a guy" I laughed a bit more and felt blood drip from my mouth and down my face. his eyes widened with anger but I didn't regret one thing. I heard foot steps rushing over to where we were on the ground. When he looked up at the intruder the anger in his eyes was replaced by fear "Get off of that boy!" the coach of the football team yelled with rage. wow, talk about great timing. the guy reluctantly got to his feet and I was able to breathe again. "Go straight to my office right now and take the other two with you!" he yelled at the jock. Suddenly the coach's hand appeared before me gesturing to help me get up. I took the offer and wiped the blood from my mouth. "your friend took a good beating, I'd get him to the hospital now if I was you" he told me and I looked over to Vic who was still passed out "Yeah I will , thanks" I said as I limped over to the small boy. the coach left the room as I bent down to try and wake Vic up. I guess he wasn't that unconscious, his eyes shot opened right as I touched his shoulder.

-

Vic didn't like it but I made him go to the school nurse anyways, thank god she stays for after school activity's. He seemed to be fine but she said he will be in much pain for the next few days.

I sighed as we rode in the car. He wouldn't agree to get something to eat with me but he caved in on letting me at least get us coffee. we talked about a bunch of random things to fill the silence in the car. I didn't realize exactly how much I really missed him until now, now that I have him here with me and showing off that gorgeous smile of his. We made it to a small coffee shop within downtown. Its one of my personal favorites. When we got our coffee ordered and sat down at a table, I went in for the questions that have been bothering me.

"Vic..." I began "Your dad doesn't seem like a good guy.. whats going on?" Vic was now looking anywhere in the room but my face. "Its nothing.. Really. Work just puts him in a bad mood, that's it. I swear" He chewed on his lip nervously. "He was going to hit you" I stated. Was he lying to me? why would he lie. "He really doesn't like gays" He said with a pout. "Well... He doesn't normally hit you..., right?" I wanted the truth. He took a deep breath before answering "Right. Its not a normal thing" He gave a weak smile but I wasn't really buying it.. it was put on.

A waitress came by handing us our coffee. "I really hope you're not lying" I said as I blew cold air on the hot coffee. He stayed quiet, focusing on the cup in his hand

"That kiss in the hallway.. did it mean something?" I broke the silence with another serious question. This got his attention and he looked at me with those big brown eyes. "It meant that I really like you.., More than a friend" He dropped his gaze back to the coffee with a nervous look on his face. I took his hand in mine to let him know it was okay, he didn't have to worry.

I felt like a huge weight was lifted off my chest. that was the one question, the only thing that played on my mind the entire time we were apart.