I'll Always Love You

I Did The Right Thing.

-Three weeks later Vic's POV-

Today Jaime said he wanted to take me to the park. I agreed to it, of course., but I don't see why he's choosing the park. We've been going on quite a few dates now and I really enjoy it. I'm thinking about asking him to go steady with me but the aching thought of what my Father would do if he found out stops me every time. I don't wanna live my life in fear but the man is unpredictable..., Besides, when Jaime finds out I lied to him, he'll probably never want to see me again.

I grabbed my backpack and headed out the door to wait for the bus to arrive and when it did I got on and sat down next to my friend Kellin who was playing around on his phone. "Hey Kell" I greeted him as I sat down "Vic whats happening?" He asked, still focused on the small device. "I don't know..., Might be going to the park later on I guess." I answered truthfully. He lifted his head to look at me "Let me guess, with Jaime" He said sounding a little cold. I forwarded my eyebrows "yeah, he asked me to go with him..., is that a bad thing?" I was really confused by the sudden cold shoulder. "no" he gave a short answer and turned away from me to look out the window of the bus. Was it something I said?..

when the bus arrived to the school, Kellin completely ignored me and off without a word, when normally we walk to class together every morning.
he was being way too distant so I left him alone. Maybe he was having family problems.., I heard his Dad left not to long ago but I never got the whole story. A hand appeared on my shoulder, making me flinch. "Hey little buddy" A tall guy said, appearing out of no where "Don't scare me like that Andy" I said and put my hand over my chest. He let out a small laugh and took his hand back "where's Kellin?" He asked looking around. "I don't know..., He's acting weird today." I sighed as we walked down the hallway "humph" was the noise Andy made before turning down the hallway where his class was. I kept going straight until I reached the classroom door, taking a deep breath, I enter the room.

I walked to the cafeteria with Jaime, we talked the entire way about nonsense. Lately I've been sitting with him and his friends rather than with the people I normally sit with. they were all pretty understanding of why and accepted it as it was, I mean its not like I never talk to them anymore. Kellin seems to be the only one who has a problem with it.. Maybe that's why he's being cold.., I can't really tell. We got our food and sat down. One of Andy's friends Danny was singing some weird jingle he probably made up while Andy talked about a new invention with Matt. "Would you please stop with the jingles already?" Ben asked Danny, practically begging but Danny ignored him. "is your friend Kellin feeling better?" Andy asked. It sounded weird since Kellin is also Andy's friend... not just mine. "Haven't talked to him any.., I tried but he's ignoring me" I took a bite of my food. "Okay, that's it Danny!" Ben said as he got up, getting everyone's attention who was sitting at our table. "We're over" he threw a fork at Danny stormed out of the room. everyone fell silent and looked at Danny who just sat there staring at the fork.
"he'll be back when he wants a blowjob" Danny finally broke the silence and began eating. a few of them laughed a bit. "Aren't you going to go chase after Ben though?" Jaime said a bit concerned.
"I think Ben breaks up with Danny at least five times a day" Andy said while chewing, making me grimace a bit. Danny laughed "I think I've been singing jingles all week at home and here, just to piss him off. Last night he made me sleep on the couch and called me a talent-less cow" Everyone laughed before continuing with their conversations. "you hardly touched your food" Jaime pointed out. there wasn't much time left for lunch. "I'm just not that hungry..., Had a big breakfast" I said and smiled at him. He gave me a concerned look but said nothing. soon Ben was walking back to our table and as he was Danny started his jingles back, making sure to be loud enough for Ben to hear across the room. Ben stopped in his tracks, threw his arms in the air and dramatically stormed out of the cafeteria again. "poor Ben" Jaime said while laughing.
-

I was sitting at my desk in English class, writing down some lyrics out of pure boredom when Jaime suddenly sits down "I think your friend hates me" he said staring at me. I blink a few times "what?" I asked. "Your friend...., He hates me" Jaime repeated. "what friend?" I was greatly confused. "that one kid with the long black hair that's majestically shinny" Jaime waved his hands dramatically as he spoke.
"Kellin?" I asked. "yeah that one!" I rolled my eyes. "I don't see why he'd hate you, why do you think that?"
He's never showed signs of hatred. "its just the way he glares at me" Jaime said and shivered. "you're over thinking it" I stated just as the class begun.
-

Later on after school me and Jaime walked to the park, the one that wasn't too far away. He held my hand in a way that brought me close to him as we walked and it felt really nice. "why are we going to the park?" I finally asked. "Because the park is fun" he said with a big smile. It felt great to be away from my parents so much, Jaime is always coming up with different things for us to do.

The park was empty when we got there so I turned around to face Jaime and acted like a little kid "Jaime" I sang "will you push me on the swings??" I tried on a pouting face and it seemed to be working "fine" he groaned "but only if you eat your vegetables before dinner" he laughed when I scrunched my nose at the thought. I took Jaime's hand, leading him to the swings and got in one. "aw, you sure you're big enough for that one? I think the kitty one is more suitable" He said with a sarcastic tone "Oh, Ha ha. you're soo funny Jaime" I said trying not to smile but failed. He gently pushed me on the swing for little while before joining me on the other swing. we swung slowly in silence while holding hands. it was kind of like a chick-flick movie but gay style. "Vic, there's something I need to ask you" Jaime said, breaking the soft silence. "what is it?" I asked looking over at him. his cheeks were a tinted red and suddenly my heart picked up pace. what kind of question does he need to ask exactly? I chewed on my lips as he got up from his swing to stand in front of me, bending over slightly so his forehead was resting on mine.
His hands were holding the chains on both sides of me. I felt safe with him so close and towering over me like this. he slowly leaned in further so our lips connected, sending heat through my bones, making me quiver. He pulled our lips apart slowly, making me want more. "I want to know if you'll be my boyfriend" He asked his question softly, looking into my eyes that were now wide. Obviously there's nothing more I want than to say yes. But my fathers treacherous voice echoed in my head

' How dare you kiss some boy like that?! I did not raise a faggot! '

even if the words weren't threatening to his or my safety..., I can't imagine what I'd do if Jaime got hurt because of me. and I know my father would never let something like this go on if he found out.
But I want Jaime... "Vic?" he interrupted my deep thought. I began to focus now and noticed the hurt expression on his face. I let my hand go up and rest on his cheek. If I say no... He would still be hurt because of me. "I would love to be with you Jaime" I finally said. A smile played on his beautiful lips just before he kissed me again but this time it lasted longer and tasted sweeter.

Deep down I knew I did the right thing. I just hope I wont regret it.