I'll Always Love You

As The Pieces Come Together

-Two days later, Saturday. Jaime's POV-

I stood in front of the mirror, nervously messing around with my hair until it was how I liked it. Today I was going to introduce Vic to my parents and sister. My parents are really cool about the whole me liking boys thing but I've never actually brought someone home to meet them so I'm concerned about how the reality of this is going to hit them. Hopefully it wont be too awkward. "I'll be back in a little bit" I yelled before stepping out the front the door. I could hear my sister squeak from joy before closing the door behind me. I'm pretty sure she's more excited about this relationship than I am and that's a lot.

When I arrived at Vic's house he was already standing on his front porch leaning against the railing while he stares at his phone. His expression was confused but when he realized I was there that all changed into a big smile, the one I loved the most. His smile's never held anything mysterious, no pain, no stress..., just joy. and that gave me butterfly's each and every time. I got out of my car as he walked over so I could greet him with a nice big hug. He seemed to be tense but I didn't bother to ask why. he's really vague about certain things so I decided to give him room until his ready to tell me the truth.
Before I pulled out of the driveway, I noticed the blinds behind one of the windows in his house shake. was someone watching?

The silence in the car didn't last long, Vic jumped straight into conversation like always. He was by far the easiest person to talk to for me.

As I pulled into my driveway I saw Vic tense back up but this time it was easy to tell why. I could see he was trying to hold back his nervous expression but he was failing at it, so I grabbed his hand "nervous?" I asked but it felt like a stupid question. he nodded his head but gave me a weak smile anyways. "Yeah, I kind of am too but its okay, my parents are cool" I tried to assure him. He chewed on his lips like he always does when he's unsure about something and I smiled at how cute it was. "Come on" I said while opening the car door.

We stepped inside and took our shoes off at the door "we're here" I said loud enough for them hear. soon my parents emerged from the kitchen greeting Vic and to my surprise they were actually really casual about it. My sister Alex walked in and automatically brought Vic into a big swaying hug. Guess I should have warned him about her before we walked in... After a moment or two he returned the hug and a big smile grew on Alex's lips before she pulled away to face him. "I'm Alex, Jaime's older sister" she informed him and he in return introduced himself to her. so far everything was going smoothly. "would you like to take your coat off Victor? Its pretty warm in here" my mother asked with a pleasant smile. he grew slightly pale "No thanks.., I'm fine" he said smiling back at her. She nodded and returned to whatever she was doing in the kitchen. "lets go do something in the living room" Alex suggested as she walked past us. I took his hand giving it a squeeze as we walked in after her.

She turned on the TV "wanna watch TV or play some sort of game?" she asked while scanningthe TV guide. "well we can play cards" I said sitting down in front of the coffee table and pulled Vic down to sit next to me. "that gives me an idea.., lets play Jenga" She said pulling out the board games and other stuff. "is that fine with you?" I asked looking at Vic "Yeah, I love that game" he said while taking a few of the of the games off the stack that my sister had pulled out so they wouldn't go falling all over the place.

I was ready to show off my mad game skills but I had no idea Vic was so good at these games. Alex always lost first leaving me and Vic against each other. we were both dramatically competitive and all three of us kept getting louder and louder the more the game went on and got intense. and of course my own sister was on Vic's side rather than mine when she lost. I could hear my parents soft laughter from the kitchen whenever we got loud.

the rest of the night went so much better than I thought It would. Vic got along great with everyone and my parents really like him. it was getting to be 9:30 o'clock "I should probably get you home" I said as I pressed my lips to the back of his neck. he was sitting on my lap watching one of my sisters favorite movies, X-men. My parents were talking in the room behind us and my sister was half a sleep on the couch. "I suppose" he said with a yawn. He leaned back on me and turned his head so our lips were just inches apart. the corners of his lips lifted making a small smile and I couldn't help but connect our mouths, making my head spin from the rush. it was brief but still left my heart pounding. "We need to get going" I said softly, not wanting to let him go. he pouted but got up anyways, letting cold air invade the spot where he sat. "I'm going to take him home now" I said to my parents as I got to my feet. "Alright, be safe you two" my mother said, both of them gave Vic goodbye hugs. when we got into the privacy of the car I asked a burning question "so what did you think?" Vic turned his head to look at me "I enjoyed it.. your family is really nice" He smiled and I felt relieved they didn't scare him off any.

all the lights in his house were off when we arrive. "are you home alone tonight?" I asked but swore I saw something in the window before we left here earlier. "No. I'm not actually sure why the lights are all off" he spoke honestly "well I'll see you at school Monday?" I asked giving him one last kiss before he left "yeah I'll see you than"He smiled and exited the car. He seemed much more comfortable than other times that I've been to his house. I wont read to much into this.. I'm sure its nothing.

-

Later that night I was laying in bed trying to sleep but my thoughts wouldn't let me. they kept traveling back to the park.., the day when I asked Vic to be mine. the only thing my mind wants to focus on is his reaction when I asked him. I just stood there watching his eyes fog with a stream of thoughts that I couldn't understand. Than it happened again, that fear in his eyes surfaced, the same fear I saw in that hallway at school. Fear I've only seen his father give him.., Even when I brought his Dad up once when I asked questions, I saw that fear. But why was he thinking about his Dad? and why would it scare him...
I felt a knot well up in my chest as the pieces fell into place. That kind of fear doesn't just happen from simply getting in trouble every now and then. And I really hope I'm not right when I say I think his father is abusive. Tears weld up in my eyes at the thought of someone in his life like that hurting him. The tears tipped over when I thought of a younger and smaller Vic being hit for no reason. It would explain so much but I didn't want it to. I need to know I'm wrong.., I have to ask him, but how do you ask something like that? If I'm right...,

I have to know so I can protect him.