Status: This story started on my old Quizilla account, then I moved it to Tumblr, and now here. So if you've seen this story before, I am not plagiarizing. I just move around a lot.

Don't Call This Love

[Chapter One]

"Raeanne! Oh darling sister! Come down here please!" My sister-in-law’s voice sang. I swear that one belonged in the loony bin. ‘My brother sure knows how to pick them doesn’t he?’ I thought to myself as I descended down the stairs. "Yes Bellatrix?" I asked with a hint of annoyance in my voice. "Did I interrupt you?" She smirked. "Not at all." I said forcing a smile. "Well good then! Rodolphus! She’s hereee!" "He’s back?!" I grinned, jumping off the stairs. Bellatrix nodded looking amused.

I ran into the living room and threw my arms around my brother the moment I saw him. “Well hello to you too.” He laughed hugging me back. I buried my face in his chest, “I missed you!” Rodolphus rested his head on top of mine, “I’ve missed you too baby girl.”

"How touching." A cold monotonous voice interrupted. Rodolphus instantly let go of me and stood up straight. I turned around and glared. Of course, there was my potions professor, lounging in my sitting room.
"Severus, I assume you know my sister, Raeanne." My brother stated trying to repair the awkwardness we all felt. "Yes I know Ms. Lestrange. One of my most mischievous students. I can’t say I’ve met another Slytherin quite like her." He smirked. I threw him an angry stare, there was no need to tell my brother how many detentions I’d received. "I’m not sure I follow.." Rodolphus said looking down at me. I pulled on his cloak, "It’s nothing." I said leading him to the couch.

"Oh come on my dear husband," Bellatrix cooed moving in front of us. "You can’t tell me that you don’t know of Raeanne’s antics during the school year?" My brother gave me a confused look. I loved him, but sometimes he was so thick. "Don’t worry about it, just some pranks." I said shaking my head. Bellatrix scoffed and sat down on the far end of the couch away from Snape. Rodolphus sat down next to her. I hesitated before sitting, the only seat was between Snape and my brother. And as much as I missed him, I didn’t know if I was willing to sit beside the only person I hated more then Bellatrix.

Snape noticed my hesitation, “I can assure you Ms. Lestrange that I do not bite. Do not be afraid to sit down.” he smirked. “And I can assure you that I am not afraid,” I spat, “I however, do bite. Professor.” Snape looked at me with amusement in his eyes when he noticed my glare. “Ms. Lestrange, would you really like to start the school year off with detention because you bit your head of house over the summer? Imagine what people would say.” He smirked and Bellatrix laughed at my defeat, I simply turned away from him.

"What’s all this commotion about biting people?" A menacing voice asked. I tensed as I saw who has just walked into my living room. Fenrir Greyback, flanked by the Carrows. Bellatrix looked at me, she knew I was terrified of Greyback, and she just couldn’t resist. "Raeanne here was just threatening Severus with her nasty bite. Surely you could give her a few pointers on the matter Fenrir?" His eyes locked on me and the hair on my neck stood straight up. Fenrir walked closer until he was just an arms length away, I leaned into my brother as far as I could. Rodolphus smiled at me, thinking it was all a joke. "Well if you’re up to it, I can defiantly show you a proper technique." He growled, stroking my cheek. I pulled away from him, "Never touch me." I hissed. "Feisty. I like it." He said grabbing for my arm.

"I do not think the girl returns your feelings." A cold voice warned. "What makes you so sure shes not playing hard to get Severus?" He snarled. "Well my first clue was the look of disgust that plagued her face when you touched her," Snape smirked. "But her feelings on the matter aren’t as important as the Dark Lords. I don’t think that he would be too pleased to know of your intentions. You know he values the girls safety." "You are correct Severus." An evil voice hissed.

I looked up to see that Voldemort had apperated into my living room. Dead silence followed, although I swear I could hear Fenrir whimpering. “My Lord!” Bellatrix yelled flinging herself at the Dark Lord’s feet. Voldemort smiled, “Hello Bella. Please please, sit down. We have much to discuss.” he said with urgency.

"First I would like to welcome back Rodolphus. I assume your mission was successful." "Yes my Lord, the information was extracted easily." "And did you dispose of the muggles properly?" "Yes, Fenrir ate well that night." My brother smiled. I almost threw up at the thought. Everyone around me was chuckling at the thought of frightened muggles being devoured by Greyback. My smile faltered slightly, and someone must have noticed. I felt intense pressure on my mind, quickly I focused and and blocked whoever was trying to enter. My very existence depended on the fact that I could block them. I could not have anyone know how I truly felt, or where my loyalties really lied. The laughter died down and the pressure stopped once Voldemort began speaking again.

"We have a lot to do this year. I will be asking much more of you than I have ever before." He said looking around the room. "Tasks will be more important then ever. Failure is not an option, and will result in death. As will disloyalty. I have been merciful to you, especially those of you who’s judgement has swayed. But that can be tolerated no more! I will only have the most loyal in my ranks. My orders are not to be disobeyed. We are growing stronger! The Ministry is almost fully infiltrated. The war is getting closer. Potter is within my grasp! I will need your full cooperation. Do you each understand what is asked of you?"

"Yes my Lord." We all chanted together.

"Good. Now go! You have each been given your tasks. I wish to speak to Severus and Raeanne alone." I grabbed at my brother’s side as others disapperated out of sight. Rodolphus sensed my fear and spoke up, "My Lord-" He started. Voldemort cut him off, "Your sister will be in safe hands Lestrange. Now go do what I have asked of you." Rodolphus looked at me worriedly, then he kissed the top of my head and disapperated.

Leaving me alone with Snape and Voldemort.

I shifted in my seat away from the potions master and turned so that I faced both of them. “Raeanne, my dear. You have grown into a beautiful woman. Don’t you agree Severus?” I immediately looked down, not wanting them to see my face redden. “I don’t feel it’s appropriate for me to speak on the matter my Lord.” Snape replied cooly. He just didn’t want to tell Voldemort he disagreed, he hated me, he’s always hated me. And for some reason it bothered me that I even remotely cared what he thought..

"Severus, the is no need to censor yourself. You are not a professor at this moment. Be honest, she has turned out beautiful hasn’t she?" "I suppose she has blossomed into quite an attractive young woman." He said finally. I looked up and bit my lip to hide my embarrassment. "Thank you." I muttered. "And so polite too." Voldemort said as a smile danced across his thin lips. "She will soon be in need of a husband as well. Someone who can take care of my precious jewel. This is where you come in Severus." My jaw almost hit the floor. He wouldn’t want me to marry Snape! Anyone but Snape! He’s 20 years older than me! And we hate each other!

"I’m afraid I don’t understand my Lord. Forgive me, but what could Ms. Lestrange’s new need for a husband do with me?" Snape asked, not taking his eyes off me. "As amusing as it would be to let you both continue thinking what you are, I will elaborate. Severus since you are the head of the Slytherin House, I expect by the end of this year for you to find a husband for Raeanne. Someone well suited, a pureblood no doubt. We must keep the line going. They will be married at the end of Raeanne’s seventh year."

Relief flooded me. No marrying Snape. Wait. Snape is choosing my husband? Shit.

"As honoring as that would be my Lord, would the obvious choice for her husband not be Draco Malfoy?" Snaped offered. "Perhaps under different circumstances, but I do not believe that after the task I have assigned Mr. Malfoy that he will even be alive at the end of the year."

My heart sank. Draco? Dead? No!

"My Lord," I said speaking up. Snape and Voldemort both turned their gaze towards me. "I was wondering, if Draco does make it to the end off the year, may I marry him?" I asked. Lord Voldemort stared at me as he thought. "Well, I suppose that would be acceptable. However, I wouldn’t get your hopes up that he will still be living. Raeanne, do you like this Malfoy boy?" He asked, his face twitching into a smile. But I knew better. The consequences of even admitting Draco was my friend could be disastrous. I would not let them use our lives as bargaining chips against the other, so I lied. "I care for Draco no more than I care for any other death eater. I do however feel very comfortable with his family. I did stay with them the whole time my brother was in Azkaban. And I mean no offense to you my Lord, but I do not trust Professor Snape to find a proper candidate for me to marry." I said boldly.

Snape smirked at my words.

"I understand your fears Raeanne, but Severus is my most trusted servant. I fully expect he will be able to find you a fine husband. I will however take what you said into account." "Thank you my Lord." I said bowing my head.

"Severus, I also expect you to take care of her. You are to make sure no harm comes to her.I have big plans for Raeanne, and I need to ensure that she remains in perfect condition until the time comes for her to be put to use." "Yes my Lord, I will watch over her." "Good good. So tonight she will leave with you and stay at your house until the new term comes."

"What?" Snape asked a little taken back. "Well Severus you saw the way Fenrir looked at her, I’m sure you read his thoughts too. It’s too risky to leave Raeanne here alone, Bellatrix and Rodolphus will not be here very often with the tasks I’ve given them, and Fenrir’s animal instincts will not let him stay away." Snape took some time to compose himself. "Yes my Lord, whatever you wish." "I’m glad you see it my way." Of course my Lord." "Raeanne, I will see you soon." And with that the Dark Lord disapperated.

It was quite for what seemed hours. Finally Snape spoke, “Go get your things together, I will alert your brother.”

I stood up and walked towards the staircase, I heard the pop of Snape disapperating and I ran up and to my room. I flung myself down on my bed and sobbed.

What was my life becoming? I cant survive like this. How long would it take them to figure me out? How long did I have till I died the death of a traitor? I rolled over and looked at my trunk, I wish I could just live at Hogwarts forever. It was at that moment I knew what I had to do.

"Hemera!" I called wiping tears from my face. Then my owl flew in from my open window. I immediately started scribbling a short sentence on a spare piece of parchment. I tied it to her leg, "Albus Dumbledore." I said sternly. Hemera hooted and flew out my window.

Below I heard Snape apperate back into the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
you can also read these on Tumblr if you frequent that website. www.carryonmylittlebird.tumblr.com