Status: This story started on my old Quizilla account, then I moved it to Tumblr, and now here. So if you've seen this story before, I am not plagiarizing. I just move around a lot.

Don't Call This Love

[Chapter Ten]

((A/N The first part of this chapter is Raeanne’s dream, so, don’t get too confused.))

I shuttered in the cold as I walked around. I appeared to be in what seemed a small cellar. The floor was wet and cold. I had lost my shoes somehow and my feet were freezing. I crossed my arms over my chest tightly trying to secure some body heat. The cellar was dim and it was hard to see.I was terrified of something, although I didn’t know of what, or why I, but I was almost petrified.
Suddenly I heard the voice of pure evil fill the room. “Nagini…..we have a traitor on our hands. Do you see her?” the voice of Voldemort mocked. The snake hissed in reply. “What shall we do with this traitor?” He asked.

“Kill her heart.” Nagini replied sounding more serpent like than the Dark Lord ever had.

“Bring me the boy!” Voldemort demanded. I was shaking with fear, I didn’t know what was going to happen to me. Or what I was about to see. But I feared death was inevitable.

A light shined in the corner of the room. In the corner, stood Draco, trembling and begging for his life. “N-no! Please! Don’t k-kill me! I-I have been nothing but loyal to you! P-please!” My heart dropped down into my stomach. He was going to kill Draco. I couldn’t let this happen!

“Draco!” I called out. But he did not hear me, I called out again, but Draco still didn’t respond. I tried to run to him, but the harder I ran, the farther he seemed to be. I dropped to my knees and cried out, “No! Leave him alone! Please! He’s done nothing wrong!” The Dark Lord laughed into the darkness.

“Draco Malfoy, You have been sentenced to death. For being affiliated with the traitor, Raeanne Lestrange.” Draco fell to the floor and began sobbing. Tears overflowed from my face as I screamed, “Stop it! Stop this! Leave him alone! He’s innocent! Kill me! Kill me!”

“Avada Kedavra!”

A green flash struck Draco in the middle of his back. He immediately became still.

“No! No!” I screamed through my sobs. But no one acknowledged my cries.

The light went out in the corner, and I was once again alone in the darkness. I rocked back and forth holding onto myself as I cried. My best friend was dead. And it was all my fault.

“Bring out the next one.” Voldemort hissed.

I stopped dead. The next one? Who else would he murder because of me? The light once again illuminated the corner. I half expected to see my brother. But instead, I saw a tall dark figure with his head hung low. Dark locks covered his face, and I could not tell who he was. That is, until Voldemort called out his name.

“Severus Snape,” The man lifted his head and his hair fell away from his face. It was then I could finally see the face on my potions teacher starring at me, with an unreadable expression. Snape? Voldemort was going to kill Snape? Why of all people? Why would he kill his most faithful servant to torture me?

“You have been sentenced to death. For being affiliated with the traitor, Raeanne Lestrange.” Snape stood perfectly still, like he never heard a word that Voldemort had said. I was stunned, I didn’t know what to make of this. It seemed that unlike Draco, Snape could see me. Because he never broke eye contact with me. It was almost relaxing in a way. It was as if he was trying to reassure me, that everything was going to be ok, by using the look in his eyes.

“I would not normally kill my most trusted servant. But it seems Severus, after killing her best friend, I should kill the only person she has ever truly loved.”

At that moment I once again stopped being able to breath. My mouth almost dropped to the floor. In love with Snape? Well, I mean, I knew I had feelings for him. But love? No way. I didn’t love anyone. The Dark Lord has made a mistake. Killing Snape would not affect me one bit, I was sure of it.

“I am sorry it had to end this way Severus. You have been a good and faithful servant.” Voldemort reflected.

Snape simply closed his eyes and dropped his head for a moment. “I understand.” He announced looking back at me with a softer expression.

When Snape gave me that look, my emotions changed drastically. There was suddenly nothing I wouldn’t do to keep him alive.

“No!” I cried out. “Stop it! You can’t kill him! How will you ever succeed with out Severus?! Don’t do it! Please don’t! No him! Anyone but him! Have you not taken enough from me?! I will do anything, don’t kill Severus!” I screamed through another swarm sobs. My tears where hot on my cheeks as I struggled to stand. I was too emotionally drained, but I managed to get on all fours. I stretched out my hand towards Snape as I screamed, “Run Severus! Run! You can’t let him kill you! How will I survive?!” Snape turned his head away from me, as if to tell me there was nothing he could do. I cried out to him one last time.

“Avada Kedavra!”

Severus Snape lay motionless on the ground.

I managed to get to my feet and began to run towards him. This time, the room did not seem to grow, and I was able to reach him. I dropped down on my knees beside his body. I tried to touch him, but my hand merely hovered for a few seconds before I was overcome with agony. I wailed in torment and I looked over him.

He was gone.

And I was alone.

I threw myself on top of Snape’s body and cried until it was impossible to breath. I then sat up and tried to wipe my eyes clear. I stroked his face and then hugged him tightly.

In one quick motion, my heartbrokenness was replaced with pure rage. I let go of Snape as I jumped to my feet.
“Well what are you waiting for?!” I cried, “Kill me! That’s what you want isn’t it?!”

No reply came.

“Kill me! Kill me like you did them!” I screamed, but there was still no answer. “Do it! Do it you coward! Kill me!” I shrieked. My body abruptly became very still and I felt something slither against my leg.

“Do not worry Raeanne. I will kill you too.” The Dark Lord sneered.

All of the sudden Nagini’s fangs where all I could see as she lunged for my neck.

I jumped up swiftly in a cold sweat and opened my eyes. I took a look around as I panted trying to catch my breath. I was in some sort of bedroom, I concluded. However, it wasn’t mine. The bed I was in wasn’t either. The sheets were green and black silk and there were heavy black curtains drawn in front of the window. As I calmed down, I soon realized where I was.

I was in the bedroom of Severus Snape