Status: This story started on my old Quizilla account, then I moved it to Tumblr, and now here. So if you've seen this story before, I am not plagiarizing. I just move around a lot.

Don't Call This Love

[Chapter Eleven]

The screeching of the teapot snapped me out of my light sleep.

I yawned and pushed against the counter stretching my back. This was the fifth time in an hour I had fallen asleep. I glanced at the clock in the sitting room while I poured myself a cup of tea. It was almost five in the morning. I had been waiting around all day for Snape to come back.

I woke up at about ten this morning.

I woke up confused, and alone. Snape was nowhere to be found, but I was in his bedroom. And for the life of me, I could not remember how I got there.

I was hoping Snape would show up at some point and explain everything to me, but he had been gone all day. And it didn’t look like he would be back anytime soon.

I walked into the sitting room and curled up in Snape’s old armchair.

It smelled like him, and it calmed my nerves.

As I lied there, I thought about my day, and how bored I had been. Even though Snape wasn’t the best company, he was still better to have around than no one. I didn’t like being left alone for days at a time. So I desperately wanted Snape to return as soon as possible.

I sighed to myself as I picked up the book on the floor that laid beside the chair. It was the one he had been reading the pervious night. It was bound in red leather and the pages were very worn. I flipped it open and tried to read it, It was some sort of advanced potions book. Snape had scribbled various notes in the margins. Most of the ingredients were written in their original Latin terms and Snape had translated them into English. I lightly traced my fingers over his writings as my eyes got heavier. I finally closed them and just tried to listen to what was around me.

I didn’t know what to make of the quiet. I mean, I had been here almost two months, I was used to no noise. But this silence, it was deafening.

I had been abandoned for reasons I wasn’t quite sure of.

I was supposed to be here for my own protection right? To make sure I stayed safe? How would anyone know if I was safe or not?

Since I was alone.

Just as sleep was coming on me, memories of my dream from the pervious night filled my head. The different scenes flashed back and forth, Draco’s tears, Snape’s face, Nagini’s fangs. I suddenly opened my eyes and the memories faded. I rubbed my head and frowned. I didn’t know how I was going to get any sleep at all tonight, but my body was exhausted and I craved it.

I yawned one more time before giving in and getting up, I closed Snape’s book and placed it on the seat of the chair. Then I took my cup and washed it out in the sink before making my way up the stairs and back into Snape’s bedroom.

“Raeanne Morgana Lestrange! I never thought I’d see the day when YOU would be asleep in a professor’s bed! And Severus Snape of all people!” A loud rough voice laughed waking me up. “Uggghhhh…” I moaned as I turned away from the voice. “Oh don’t be like that! Don’t turn away from me! It’s two in the afternoon you know. It’s time for you to get up.” The voice nagged. “Go away!” I said flinging a pillow. “Hey! That was just rude. Don’t make me force you to wake up Anna-bear.”

I slowly sat up and rubbed my eyes, “Scabior?” I asked through a yawn.

Scabior leaned over to me and kissed the top of my head, “The one and only.” He smiled.

“What are you doing here?” I asked not bothering to hide my confusion. He took a small step back from me, “Why? Do you not want me to be here?” “No! That’s not what I meant,” I laughed, “It’s just that I’ve been waiting for Snape to come back all night, so I wasn’t exactly expecting you.” I smiled at him.

Scabior smirked, “Waiting around for Snape huh? And do you normally wait around for him, in his bed?” He teased.

I could feel my cheeks flush with red, “No!” I quickly objected. “I woke up here yesterday, and well, I waited up until really early this morning….and I was tired….and his bedroom was closer than mine, so I just figured…..” I said getting quieter and looking away from him. Scabior just snorted, “Yeah, ok.” I turned back towards him, “You don’t believe me do you?” I asked in disbelief. “Well in all fairness Raeanne, I can’t really take anything you say serious while you’re still snuggled up in your Professor’s bed covers.” Scabior laughed.

I rolled my eyes and threw another pillow at him.

“What are you doing here anyway?” I asked again changing the subject. Scabior was walking around and examining various items in Snape’s room, “Your beloved sent me here to stay with you. Doesn’t know when he’ll be back. He’s on some double-agent mission, I’m not really sure. It’s all confusing and to be honest, when he talks I sort of just stop listening.” He answered casually. “Oh..” I said quietly. Scabior turned around and gave me a quizzical look. “He said you’ve been having nightmares, and it was best you weren’t left alone. He also mentioned, that I might find you here, and it would me best if I tried to get you back into your own bed.” He said snickering at he last part. I smiled at his taunts but ultimately ignored them, “I see.” I said watching him flip through Snape’s books.

“So I’m your new keeper, for at least a few days.” He said as he smiled at me over his shoulder.

“Oh goody.” I smiled back as I laid back down in the bed.

Scabior turned back around and sighed in frustration, “Raeanne! Will you get out of that bloody bed for god’s sake!”

I didn’t answer him, I just turned over onto my stomach and giggled.

Scabior would be fun for awhile, but I was still anxious for Snape to get back home.