Status: This story started on my old Quizilla account, then I moved it to Tumblr, and now here. So if you've seen this story before, I am not plagiarizing. I just move around a lot.

Don't Call This Love

[Chapter Twelve]

“Raeanne, what are you doing? Come away from the window and come sit with me.” Scabior whined. I turned and looked at him from over my shoulder, “You’re not the boss of me.” I smirked. Scabior rolled his eyes, but not before letting a smile creep across his face. “Don’t make me come get you.” He growled. I scoffed at him and returned my gaze back to the window. I knew my lack of interest annoyed him, but I couldn’t help it.
It was grey outside. Dismal and dreary. But then again, that’s always how the weather seemed on Spinner’s end. It had been weeks since I’d seen Snape. As the days went by, it was getting harder and harder to pretend it didn’t bother me. Hours dragged by without him around. Scabior was nice company, but he had things in mind that I had no interest in.

A few days ago he tried to kiss me. I turned my head away from him and he sighed before kissing my check.
"Really, please come away from the window." he asked almost begging. I turned to looked at him and shrugged, "What for?" I could taste the apatheticness of my words as they left my mouth, and I knew he could too. When I turned my head away I watched him in the reflection of the window. He leaned forward in the chair and held a tight grip on both them arms. He looked almost angry. Like he was ready to jump and attack me. But when he stood up, I saw his face more clearly. He didn’t have a look of anger on his face. It was disappointment.

He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his forehead on my shoulder. “Anna.” he breathed. “Don’t do this.” I whispered, still facing away from him. “I just thought-” “Scabior, really, stop.” I insisted shrugging him off of me. Scaboir let go, and I didn’t say anything. I simply sat there, staring out the window. I was hoping he would leave, but he never moved. It was an extremely awkward silence that filled the air around us. I was ready to forget the this whole week and act like it never happened. I turned around to break the silence, but before I could get any words out Scabior interrupted.

“It’s him isn’t it?” he sneered. “What are you talking about?” I asked, exhaling in an annoyed way. I had a feeling that I knew what he meant, but I was hoping I was wrong. “It’s Snape! He’s the reason you don’t want me… You want him!” Scabior barked as he paced in front of me. “Don’t be ridiculous.” I hissed at him. “Oh don’t play games with me Raeanne. You’ve been sulking around the house for days. You miss him, and I can tell you’d much rather have his company than mine!” He snarled walking away from me and into the kitchen.

I wanted to go to him, and tell him it wasn’t true. I wanted to say I didn’t care about Snape. I was worried about Draco. I was worried about the upcoming school year. I wanted desperately to blame my actions on anything else.

But I didn’t. I couldn’t.

So I sat there, and turned back to look out the window. Scabior didn’t speak to me the rest of the night. He left me alone. And my thoughts dominated the rest of the evening.
All I could do was wonder when Snape was coming back home.
And what would happen when he did.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would love to hear input. Tell me what you think and/or how you want things to go.