Cinderella

Chapter 1

Ella was walking in the streets of Brooklyn, shoving through the crowds of people and going nearly insane from all of the noise. Ella walked up the stairs and entered her family's loft, the home she was raised in. Ella unbuttoned her long, red coat and threw it off of her. The coat fell onto the couch like a queen falling into a pile of velvet, satin pillows. She made her way to the bathroom to splash some water on her face. She looked into the mirror and smiled, her pearly whites showing off. The smile fooled the public but when it came down to fooling herself? That was quite a different subject.

Ella grabbed the lavender toweling hanging off of the towel rack and dried her face. She strutted over to the kitchen and began cleaning the disgusting, dirty dishes. The dishes were covered in chili and ketchup since they had chilidogs the previous night. After she ate, she usually rinsed her dishes off but her family didn't. She glanced at the radio and turned it on because she knew her family wouldn't be home till late but the exception of her sisters, her step-sisters to be exact, Driz and Ana. Driz was sort of the bad ass of the family, she got it from her mother but Ana but was Queen B. Driz liked her jeans with rips and Ana liked her sweaters pink. Driz liked her boyfriends with tattoos and Ana liked her boyfriends with a car. Ana was like her mother too, but her mother isn't a douche bag.

Ella put in one of her dad's old CD's. It was a gift to her from her dad. It was a CD of The Beatles. The first song that played was "Here Comes The Sun." The song was uplifting and cheered Ella up. Ella felt a bit happy for once in awhile. She had not heard that song in years. Her dad must have been listening to the CD.

Ella heard the front door squeak open. She looked over to see her stepsister, Driz. She struggled to hurry and turn the radio off. Driz grinned like the Cheshire cat from Alice In Wonderland would have. Ella sped with the dishes, not leaving a spot on one dish, and finished. She drained the water from the sink. "Please don't tell mother." She begged and got down on her knees. Driz strolled over to Ella, the button of her pants looking like they were about to pop open. Her zipper was already down. Ella grabbed Driz's legs and begged her repeatedly, looking like she was about to burst out into tears.

"I won't tell if you clean my room for me." She said like it was an order. She cocked one of her eyebrows. She smiled looking as innocent as a little schoolgirl on the first day back to school.

"Yes!" Ella cried out, joyfully. "Thank you, Driz." She stood up and sighed, relieved. She marched into Driz's room and threw all of Driz's launder to one side of the room, sat on the floor, criss-cross applesauce, and began her duty.

Driz plopped down onto the couch on top Ella's coat to relax and propped her head onto her knuckle. She turned the tv on and watched reruns of "Roseanne."

Ella pinched her nose shut to shield the rancid smell. It smelled of spoiled milk and rotten eggs, not a very swell scent. She continued to clean Driz's room until it was spotless.

When Ella finished she marched right back out of Driz's room, feeling accomplished, and explained to Driz she finished cleaning her room. Driz got up from watching the tv show. Ella retrieved her coat and threw her coat into her room. Driz examined her room and nodded. "Well done, now go make me a snack. A peanut butter and jelly sandwich on toast sounds tasty." She suggested and went back to watching the tv. Ella whispered "yes" and walked out of Driz's room. She put some bread in the toaster and searched for the peanut butter and the jelly. She soon found both, the peanut butter looked perfectly fine but the jar of jelly was sticky. She grabbed a disinfectant wipe and scrubbed the jar. The bread popped from the toast and she grabbed the hot toasted burned her pale fingers turning them a red as her coat. She reached out for a plate in the cabinets and put the toast on the plate, she then spread a good amount of the peanut butter and the jelly on the bread and put the two pieces of toast together

Ella stood in front of Driz and handed her the plate of food. She fake smiled and walked away like she did her entire life.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: Shout out to @seanarturo(Wattpad) for the beautiful cover! Go check out his lovely graphics! They're all so unique and different, but in a good way, a very good way! Also, go check out the trailer I made for the story! It's on the side of this chapter. Thank you for reading! Vote and comment, please!