Cinderella

Chapter 3

Ella slipped on her flats and threw her coat on. She was now all ready for school. She walked out of the house and walked through the city streets of Brooklyn on her way to school. She bumped into a tall body. She looked up and saw Daniel, the "it" boy from her school.

"Oh, hey, Daniel." Ella half smiled. He just kept walking then her smile seemed to fade away. She catched up to him and tapped his shoulder. "I'm Ella. Remember me from French class? I sit right behind to you." She brought up, trying to make him remember her.

"Oh, yeah! Sorry about that." Daniel chuckled, looking at the sidewalks as walked with her from following him from behind. "Yeah, I know who you are. You're the girl that got the highest class in my Calculus class. I could really use some help in Calculus, you know?" He said, trying to flirt with Ella. Flirting with the ladies came easy for him and they seemed to love it, but Ella didn't seem to notice that he was flirting with her. She was a bit ditzty when it came to flirting and boys.

"Maybe I could help you?" Ella suggested and fully smiled at him.

"That'd be great!" Daniel exclaimed. "I'll come over tomorrow night after school. What's your number?" He asked her and he took a phone out of his pocket to put her number in.

"Oh, um..." She didn't know what to say since she didn't have a phone. "I'll just give you my address." She looked for a pen in her bag and found on at the bottom of it. She wrote her address on the palm of his hand.

"Sweet." Daniel bite his lip then gifted her with a grin.

"Yeah, no problem!" Ella said and they continued walking to school.

After school, Ella walked to the diner she went to every day after school. She walked inside and took a seat at a booth. She ordered the usual and waited the average five to ten minutes. She drinked from her glass of ice cold soda. She ordered a coke. She sipped her fizzy drink and looked at the door to watch the people that were coming in. She seen her friend, Julia, walk into the restaurant. Julia seen her and excitedly ran over to Ella's table, every time she took a step her heels clacked against the tile floors. Ella waved nervously at her friend, shocked that one of her own friends to be there with her at the same time as her.

"Hi!" Julia shrieked, happy to see Ella, one of her own best friends.

"What are you doing here?" Ella asked Julia, tensing up.

"I came here to get some coffee, and study for this upcoming test in Spanish class." Julia answered Ella sat down across from her. She got out her Spanish workbook and opened it to the section they were working on.

"Oh, well, I came to get a bite to eat." Ella said and her hamburger came to her table. She picked up the hamburger from her plate and sunk her pearly whites into the juicy meat. It was mouthwateringly delicious. She set the burger down and ate one fry after another. Julia looked at Ella eating and licked her lips.

"Hey, I think I might want an order of those to." Julia muttered. Ella nodded and yelled to the waitress with food still in her mouth. "Hey, another round over here for my friend!" She swallowed her food and laughed covering her mouth, embarrassedly.

Soon another order of hamburger and fries came over and was set in front of Julia, Ella watched her eat it and she ate it without chewing or taking breathes. It was vulgar, but quite funny. She never seen Julia eat like that at school.

When Julia finished eating, she resumed studying her Spanish workbook, leaving it silent at their booth. Ella stared at Julia while she studied and Julia would occasionally look up at Ella.