Sequel: Staring at Each Other
Status: A series of one shots featuring the so called bad boys, the playboys, the heart breakers of the NHL. Let's see where this leads....

Toxic

Losing my Head, Spinning Round and Round

There’s no escape
I can’t wait
I need a hit
Baby, give me it
You’re dangerous
I’m lovin’ it


~*~*~


Tyler Seguin laid in his bed, the covers pulled over his head. He had been that way since the call from his agent, informing him of his trade to Dallas.

Fucking Dallas.

What the hell was he supposed to do in Texas when his life was in Boston? He had been pouting for two days now, hadn’t talked to anyone outside of his mom and sisters. Until Brad showed up that afternoon, demanding he go out with him that night. Promised that Hilary was going which meant Pressley would be there too. That perked him up a little.

And then just as quickly it faded.

That was when it hit him. Dallas didn't have Pressley Lowe. And somewhere along the way of a steady stream of sex filled romps for two seasons, a bed to fall into whenever he wanted it, easy, simple, no strings attached, he had fallen for her.

Which in and of itself was some sort of impossibility. He did not do relationships. Which was great because Pressley wasn’t looking for one. They had sex. They didn’t go out on dates. In fact, he had never taken her out anywhere, or even ordered in. He usually called her after a game and showed up at her place and was gone before the sun rise. Sometimes after a particularly depressing loss he’d call and she’d come to his place but just like he did, she slipped out in the middle of the night. There had never once been a night when one of them stayed at the others all night. He wasn’t even sure that he had ever seen Pressley in the daylight.

It was then that Tyler realized his life was possibly a sad and pathetic existence. He had Boston in the palm of his hand and was a Stanley Cup champion before the age of twenty one. But a string of bad choices caught up with him and he knew he had squandered a damn good thing. The fact that he was being traded was proof of that. He was going from a contender, a team that had just lost in the finals, to a team that hadn't even made the playoffs the last five seasons.

As Brad pulled clothes out and pushed Tyler into the bathroom to shower, he made a decision. He was going to fix his life. He was going to be a better person. He was going to prove Boston wrong, prove that trading him was a mistake. Hell, if Kaner could rebound then so could he.

And he was going to do it with Pressley at his side, whatever it took.

~*~*~


“Did you hear?” the curly headed redhead nearly shouted as she threw open the door to the coffee shop, spotting her best friend immediately across the shop. She rushed over and dropped into a seat. “Did you?”

“Do you think you could drop your voice to a normal speaking level, Hils?”

“Pressley! Did you hear?”

“Yes, I heard,” she sighed. “This city is hockey crazy. As soon as it hit the news, it’s all anyone was talking about.”

“And? Have you talked to him?”

“Why would I talk to Tyler?”

“Uh, because you fuck him on the regular.”

“We’re fuck buddies. That’s it. Not friends, not even friends with benefits. He shows up after a loss, gets his jollies off and he’s gone. It’s a mutually satisfying arrangement if you must know.”

“And you like him.”

“I do not like him,” Pressley protested. “He is very nice to look at and even better in bed. But I do not like him. Tyler is toxic and I have no desire for a toxic relationship with anyone. Besides, you’re one to talk Miss Goo-Goo Eyes for Marchand.”

Hilary giggled and blushed, ducking her face from Pressley who did not approve of the relationship she carried on with Brad Marchand. “He’s so cute though,” Hilary said dreamily.

“He is just as toxic as Seguin. And you know you aren’t his only piece of ass. Why do you even try with him?”

“There’s something redeemable in him.”

“You believe that? Seriously?”

“I do. I also think there’s something redeemable about Tyler.”

“Now I know you’ve lost your damn mind, There is nothing redeemable about Tyler Seguin.”

Hilary rolled her eyes. “Come out with me tonight.”

“With who? You and Marchand?”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Pressley! Come on; please? Tyler will be there.”

“That is supposed to entice me?”

“It would entice a shit ton of women, probably a few dozen men too.”

“Not me. Tyler is good for one thing and that is breaking hearts. Mine will not be one of them.

~*~*~

It’s getting late
To give you up
I took a sip
From my devil's cup
Slowly
It’s taking over me


Tyler burst into the bar that night, his eyes scanning the crowd for Pressley. He saw Hilary first and pointed her out to Brad whose face broke into a grin.

“Hey,” Tyler said, grabbing his arm and stopping him before he could head in her direction. “What’s the deal with you two anyway? Hils is really nice and she likes you and puts up with your shit even though you still sleep around.”

“I only sleep around on the road; doesn't count,” Brad replied.

“It counts,” Tyler countered. “It counts when you've got someone like her at home.”

“What the fuck has gotten into you? You sound like a girl. When did you get so damn emotional?”

“I’m just saying. She deserves better. She’s been up and down with you through everything and she’s still here. Maybe you should treat her better. Maybe you should stop being a dick and just be with her.”

“Like you’re one to talk. You aren’t any better to Pressley.”

“I realized today that I didn’t hook up with anyone on the road this season. Every girl I met on the road was annoying. They giggled and simpered and just agreed with anything I said. Pressley never does any of that shit.”

“So what? You’re gonna make it official with her or something?”

“Maybe. I don’t know. But you should with Hilary. I know you like her, just admit it.”

“We’re casual, Segs. That’s it.”

“You brought her to the team Christmas party. And you only smile like you did when I pointed her out when it’s her. Just tell her, before it’s too late.”

“What the hell, man? Are you feeling okay? Do you have your period?”

“I feel fine. I see everything clearly now. I gotta try to fix it all with Pressley before I leave. I might have missed my chance but you still have yours. Don’t fuck it up. That girl doesn’t care that you’re a Bruin, she doesn’t care if you win or lose, fuck, she doesn’t even care that you have that fucking beak on your face. Don’t let her get away; you’ll regret it.”

Tyler spotted Pressley then at the bar and he grinned. He slapped Brad on the back. “Just think about it, okay?” he said before rushing away to reach Pressley.

Pressley laughed at something the man beside her at the bar said, touching his arm. Tyler saw red as he forced his way through the crowd. When he was standing behind her, he closed in on her personal space, putting an arm around her and drawing her back to him. She stiffened at his touch and she looked back over her shoulder, only relaxing slightly once realizing it was him. Tyler frowned as she tried to wiggle from his grasp.

Tyler bent his head and kissed her softly on the cheek. “Aren't you happy to see me?” he said close to her ear.

“Not particularly.”

“Why not?” he pouted. The man she had been talking to turned and walked away.

“Ugh! Tyler! That was the best prospect I found in the last hour I’ve been here. Thanks a lot for ruining that.”

“You don’t need him. You’ve got me.”

Pressley turned to face him and laughed in his face. “I’ve got you? What if I don’t want you?”

“But...” Tyler stammered out. “What?”

“Wait; did you think that me and you?”

“No, I just....I mean....”

“Ty, you got traded to Texas. My life is here, in Boston. Look, it’s been fun, really fun but this little arrangement of ours is over. You’ll have to find a new fuck buddy in Dallas.”

“I don’t want that. I just thought that maybe me and you...”

“That me and you could what? Date? That’d I’d be here in Boston pining away for you while you lived the life in Dallas?” she scoffed. “I don’t think so.”

“I don’t want to live the life or any of that shit, Pressley. It’s just.....I’m gonna miss you.”

“Are you serious right now?”

“Yes.”

“You’re serious?”

“Yes! I’m serious. I like you, okay?”

“Tyler...” she started gently. “That’s sweet but....It’s been great, this arrangement we’ve had but its over, you know? You’re leaving, I’m staying. I’m sorry. I like fucking you but there is no future for us.”

His arm fell to his side and Pressley stepped back from him. She smiled sadly and walked away. Tyler watched as he disappeared into the crowd before turning and exiting the bar himself. He walked home and pulled out his laptop as soon as he was in the door. He booked the first flight he could find to Dallas. He needed to get out of Boston. He need a fresh start, a clean slate. And he was going to find it in Texas, without her.

FIN
♠ ♠ ♠
So I've had this idea for awhile now, like October, that I'd write a series of one shots, each of them featuring the players that by reputation would be considered the bad boys, the playboys, the heart breakers, or as I like to call them for my purposes, the "toxic ones". I'll be posting each as a sequel of the one before although they won't necessarily follow the plot or time period of the story it precedes. There will be some connections between them, six degrees of separation and all that. I've identified ten guys so far and am always up for suggestions for others to include; I'd love to have at least one story for every team.