Status: take what you want from this story. the characters are for you to decide who is who.

Human After All

lemon caramel

He said come closer but she heard the name Jimmy and the room swelled with the scent of Sunflowers. He said she needed her hearing checked but she smiled and her ears were a thousand miles away listening to Jimmy and her soft moans in his white wall, popcorn ceiling bedroom.

"What would you do if I was pregnant, Jimmy?"

"You're not pregnant, I know that for a fact. "

"I know I'm not pregnant, stupid. I just mean, what if I was?"

"If you were pregnant, let's see. I-"

"Would you want me to get an abortion?"

"Not unless you wanted to. If you were pregnant, I'd walk across the street and carry everything of yours into Missy's old bedroom. I'd explain to your mom and my mom that I was going to care for you and they'd understand because that's what they do and it's what everyone's parents should do. And I'd clean up your puke every morning and I'd make as many 2 a.m shopping trips for whatever the hell it is you were craving. I'd listen to you scream and tell me you hated me a million times while you were giving birth and me and you would raise a child together. That's what I'd do."

Twelve days later she left New Mexico. One year and forty days later she silently crept out of a bed at five in the morning. One year and eighty-seven days later, she fucked a guy who spat in my mouth and she didn't ask him what he'd do if she was pregnant because she already knew the answer. One year and ninety-one days later at 2:29 a.m she saw a sign that said "Welcome to New Mexico."