Status: take what you want from this story. the characters are for you to decide who is who.

Human After All

in moldy motel showers, you're thinking clearer than you have in months

She never told Jimmy that she loved him, and she figured she never would. Instead, she told him that when she grew up she wanted to be a farmer. She didn't want cows or chickens or a mile of corn field. Her plan was that she'd feed her cat warm milk from a saucer and that she imagined faires would build little houses in her garden.

Jimmy told her that Sherwin Williams commercial were his favorite and when he grew up he'd never use another paint no matter how cheap it was. He said those commercials were brilliant and as tribune he'd pay an extra eighty cents per gallon.

Jimmy's a painter now. Gets paid to use Sherwin Williams products. She's in a motel shower and she's afraid she'll get an infection because she just cut herself shaking between her legs and she thinks all the mold will affect it somehow.

Last week, Jimmy was in the room she's in now. He removed the wallpaper and painted it with Semi-Gloss Sherwin Williams paint. He made a good amount of money from doing all 75 of the motel's rooms and hired the local florist to come plant a bed of sunflowers ten feet from his back porch. They were already trying to wilt and the florist had apologized and given him half his money back.

She hoped the cut wouldn't get infected.

He hoped she'd come home to her parents' for Christmas.