Status: Still In Progress

Eye's Like a Car Crash

Glass Hearts Shattering

I woke up to the light sound of snoring coming from Austin. His arm was wrapped me and his head was buried in the pillow. I picked up g phone from the night table and looked at the clock, it was three in the morning. I was knocked out for longer then I thought. I unlocked it and remembered that Josh's number was saved to it. I wanted to text him to have him save my number but it'll look weird that ident it at this time of night. Besides I'd have to do it when I wasn't near Austin.
Maybe he just wants to hang out. He said he moved down here for his classes and he probably doesn't have that many friends.

*time lapse*

Once Austin woke up we decided we'd go out food shopping since our stock of junk food was running low. It was a chill London morning so we decided to make a stop at Starbucks for some coffee.
Austin parked the car in front of the store and turned off the car.
"Let's go love"
Once outside he put his arm around my shoulder pulling closer to him.
"You get what you want I'll get what I want alright"
"Yea I know"
"Just call if you can't find me"
I walked to the aisle where all the drinks were. I got some apple juice, soda, and energy drinks. I put two packs of water in the cart and headed over to the next aisle.
"Let's see, what chips do I want" I whispered to my self looking at all the choices. Grabbing a pack of barbecue chips my hand hit a couple other bags and they came flying down.
"Shit"
"Here let me help you with that. Oliver? Hi!"
I looked up from the floor and saw it was Josh
"Hey Josh, thanks mate"
I could feel my heart pound and my face begin to feel hot. He was wearing a pair of faded black skinny jeans, a white t-shirt and a red and black flannel that had the sleeves cut off. He looked really adorable in it. He helped me pick up the bags and he started to say something, but I got distracted by looking at his deep blue eyes. Unlike Austins his had a sympathetic and warming look. They also glistened when he smiled. I snapped back to what he was saying so I could respond and not come off as a dick.
"So would you like to catch a movie sometime? I have the rest of the week off."
"Um well I'd have to ask Austin because he works a lot and when he's home or off we normally go out, Can I text you to let you know?"
His smile went from a wide grin to a sad smile. I hate having to lie to him but I cant exactly say, My boyfriend is a possessive freak that hits me when he gets mad and me going out with you will most likely get me a broken nose. Not the best way to start off a friendship.
"Yeah sure, is Austin your boyfriend?"
"Yeah we've been dating since high school but didn't really make it official until three years ago when we moved in with each other, what about you? any girl or boy you're dating?"
"Not at the moment, I went out with a boy named Max for a bit but it didn't work out so we just stayed friends. He's actually in the band that I'm the front man for"
He's in a band. That's it. This boy just got ten times hotter and I wanted to pounce on him.
We'd been standing in the same spot for a good ten minutes just talking. I almost ran away from him when I realized I was here with Austin and if he saw me with Josh it was over.
"I'm sorry Josh I gotta go, Austin must be looking for me and I don't want to make him wait. But i'll text you and we can meet up and you can tell me more about your band alright?"
"Sure sounds great, I cant wait."
I looked for Austin all around the small store and found him in the cereal isle, looking at each box trying to decided which one to take home.
"You seem really captivated by captain crunch right now, should I be jealous?"
"Shut up Oliver"
Fuck, what ticked him off.
"It was just a joke Aus, calm down"
"Are you done I wanna leave already, and two bags of barbecue chips Oliver? You really shouldn't eat as much as you do"
"Austin whats wrong with you? I left you for fifteen minutes and you're mad at god knows what, and I always get two bags so what?"
"Oliver what have I told you"
"Attitude, sorry"
"Good now lets get out of here"
Thank god that isle was empty, it saved me from the embarrassment he would've put me through. Making our way to the check out, from the corner of my eye, I saw Josh and it made me feel a tiny bit better. I know that at some point in time I'm going to spend some time with him. He seems genuinely nice, and I could use a bit of nice in my life. We paid and finally left the store and put all the grocery's in the trunk.
"Aus?"
"What?"
"Are you mad at me?"
"No, now shut up you're giving me a headache"
And here comes asshole Austin, making his appearance for the first time today. I didn't even bother to respond if he's going to be a dick so can I. I put in my headphones and put them on full blast. The humming of Suicide Silence's cleansing album filled the air of the silent car. Austin pulled into the drive way of our condominium and turned off the car. We got out the car and he opened the trunk.
"Take out the stuff and put it away alright?"
"Why can't you help me?"
"I have to get ready to go to a party that you're not invited too, so might as well make you do the work"
"So you get to go out and get drunk, while I have to stay home, you're such a great boyfriend Austin."
He faced me and grabbed my jaw with his hand and forced me to look at him.
"Oliver for the second time today, watch your fucking tone. Second I get to go because I was invited not you understood? so don't you dare fucking talk back to me again if you know what's best for you, so get the stuff and your self inside right now"
He threw me onto my side so effortlessly and so hard that my spine cracked on impact with the concrete. Austin walked away with a smug look on his face, happy that he asserted his dominance. I just got up off the ground and walked it off. This was nothing I wasn't used to. Best of all, he was most likely to get drunk tonight, meaning he'd come home and take out some energy on me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if this chapter is a bit short but i hope you like it
Title Credit "Stay Away From My Friends" Pierce The Veil