Status: Still In Progress

Eye's Like a Car Crash

A World That Threw Me Away

Five forty was right around the corner and Hannah was rushing me.
"Come on Oli, we're going to be late!"
"You do know its kinda hard to put a shirt on with a cast right?"
She knocked at the door before coming in the room to help me put it on.
"Oli put a hoodie on I don't want you to get sick"
"Well help me put it on then mom"
She put it on my arm then onto my broken arm, carefully making sure she didn't hurt.
"Han?"
"Yea Oli"
"I have a bad feeling about this, can we just stay"
"Oli you know that's just your anxiety speaking. I know you'll be okay, it'll be fun alright? Now smile for me love"
Maybe she was right. I do need to get my mind off of everything and just have fun. I smiled at her and she smiled back and kissed my cheek. It didn't take us long to get to the theater because she lived close to it. Looking around we found Josh sitting on a bench, his focus on his phone. Completely oblivious to his surroundings Hannah took it upon her self to get his attention in the best way possible. Scaring him. She walked towards him and put her hand on his head causing him to jump off the bench in a defensive manner.
"Hannah what the fuck is wrong with you!"
"Aww did I scare little Joshy? Do you want me to hold you?"
"Oh shut up Hannah" He focused his eyes on me and greeted me "Hey Oli, hows your arm?"
"Feels better thanks, so what movie are we watching?"
"Well Jurassic Park is still out and I want to watch it for the fiftieth time this month so is that good with you guys?"
"I love Jurassic Park! I just like dinosaurs, a lot"
"Then Jurassic Park it is, lets go"
The inside of the theater smelled like popcorn and butter. There was something about the smell that just made me happy. We all got out tickets and each our own snack to enjoy while watching the movie. Since the movie had been out for a while, there weren't many people in the theater. Just a couple kids and their parents. I sat down with Hannah to my left and Josh to my right. It was still to early for the previews so Hannah rested her head on my shoulder and told me wake her when they started. That left me and Josh alone to talk for a bit.
"So you never finished telling me about your band the other day"
"Ah yea well it's a work in progress, we decided on the name You Me At Six"
"That's an interesting name" It made me giggle a bit
"Max came up with it actually. When he first tried to ask me out he was really nervous about it, and the only thing he could say was you me at six. Once we formed the band we chose that. It's always a funny story to tell when someone asks how we got our name. We have some demos if you wanna hear them sometime, so enough about me, tell me about you"
"Well I'm from Sheffield, that's where I met Hannah and Austin. I was actually in a band too back in high school. It was me and a couple of my friends it never really took off because once we graduated Austin and I moved to London and I never really had time to go down there and just jam out. I still write though, there's not a day that goes by that a verse doesn't come to mind."
"So what are you doing now?"
"Well I've had a couple jobs here and there but Austin wants me home most of the time, he's weird like that he loves me but doesn't fully trust me like he should. Sorry I don't mean to tell you my relationship problems"
"No it's okay, that's how it was with Max and I he didn't trust me and wanted to be with me every hour of every day. That's why we broke up and stayed friends. I don't want to tell you what to do or sound mean but maybe you and Austin should do the same ya know?"
"That wouldn't work for Austin, trust me. Anyways off that topic if you don't mind me asking, is it weird for you and Max to have dated and be in the same band?"
"At times it is. A part of me does care for him a little more than it should but I've learned to cope. We're both happy right now, with the band, friends and with each other. It's like one of the songs I wrote that says I'm married to the music for better or for worse. So now it's my turn to ask you a question, do you think you'll ever get back into music?"
"I have been writing a lot more and it is something I've been thinking about too. Maybe one day I'll call up the guys and see if they'd want to"
"I hope you do, who knows maybe one day we can tour together, maybe even perform a song at Readings Festival with each other"
The lights went out and the screen lit up. I woke Hannah up and she opened her eyes, her head still laying on my shoulder. She took a fist full of popcorn and threw one at my face. She could be such a kid sometimes.
"Here's good Aus"
Oh no, not here, not now. My stomach fell into my lap at the sight of him. I squeezed Hannah's hand harder than ever and she looked up.
"What is it Oli? Oh shit, do you want to leave?"
Some ginger had his hands all over Austin. He was kissing his neck, rubbing his thigh, and Austin was sitting there enjoying it. Anger and sadness shot through my veins as I got up putting my hood on and running down the stairs making sure Austin and his lover boy didn't see me.
I didn't know where I was running and I didn't plan on stopping. Austin really decides it's okay to treat me like shit and cheat on me with some kid that looks like he just got out of school. My body was burning hot and my tears came down like bullets. The sight of another guy kissing Austin replayed in my mind. Was I really that easy to forget? Hannah's voice rung in the background and she ran after me.
"Oli stop! please Oli just wait!"
I turned around and yelled as loud as I could.
"This is your fault Hannah! You made me come here, you made me tell you about Austin and now every thing is worse! This is your fault. Just leave me alone!"
"Oli I'm sorry, I'm so so so sorry please listen to me!"
I ran off to the bridge near the theater. Still crying, I slowed down catching my breath. I'm really not worth anything am I? Austin always knows how to make me know I'm not. I have nothing in this world. No friends, no family, no one to call my own. I cant even go to where the little bit of my belongings are because if I did I wouldn't come out. The wind was frigid while I got up onto the barricade the bridge had to keep you from falling off. I held onto the pole and looked down. In the matter of seconds I could be in the water, slowly sinking into the darkness.
"Oh my God, Oliver get down from there please!"
"Hannah, I'm at the edge of the world. Should I sink or swim, or simply disappear?"
"Oli please come down. Don't do this please I'm begging you, Fuck oli please!"
"Why would I come down? So I could go back to a life I hate. So I get hurt more? This is the only chance to make things right Han, I'll be fine"
"You say that but what about me Oli? You' re my best friend, you're like my brother. I love you with all my heart Oli please come down"
Her voice was shaking and I knew she was crying harder than she ever had before. I had made up my mind already there's no going back, the only thing to do was take a step forward. I put one leg out and I heard steps running towards me, followed by Josh grabbing me from behind and taking me off the edge. Hitting his chest with my good arm as hard as I could, he didn't let go of me. I soon stopped, coming to my senses I put my arms around him and started crying. I felt Hannah's hand start to rub my back as she thanked Josh. Something about being Josh's arms made me feel a little bit of relief, as if the entire world melted around us and it was only me and him.
"I'm sorry, I'm so fucking stupid"
"No Oli you're not. Austin is, everyone that hurt you is, it's okay love, lets get home and I can make you some tea and we can just forget about the world for a bit"
"Okay and thanks Josh"
"Don't mention it mate"
It was a quiet walk to Hannah's flat. She had her hand in mine to make sure I wouldn't run off again. I flicked the lights on in the kitchen and headed to sit at the table. Josh sat next to me placing three mugs on the table while Hannah put the kettle on the stove to heat some water. Josh put his hand on mine to make sure I was feeling better. He really seemed to care. It was nice to know that even though we barley know each other he can care about me.
"Are you guys hungry?"
"Yes" Josh and I said
"How about I go get something to eat and we can watch a movie?"
"Sure"
"Sounds good"
"Alright you boys be good"
"Okay mom gosh" I said
She left, locking the door I turned around to Josh. Eyes fixed on his phone again.
"You think Hannah would mind if I crashed here tonight? The guy I share my dorm with is having his girlfriend over and needs me gonadotropin the night"
"Yea I'm sure she won't mind"
"Let's find a movie then"
Plopping on the couch I grabbed the remote to turn the tv on. We decided to watch Edward Sciccorhands, Hannah's favorite.
"I'm back my children, I got Josh a burger and fries and for Oli and I veggie burgers"
"Ew healthy food"
"So what movie did you guys decided on?"
"Edward sciccorhands and Han is it okay if I crash here tonight?"
"Anything for my Joshy, you can share the bed with Oli"
He looked towards me and winked playfully "I don't mind"
The rest of the night went by pretty quickly. We ate, watched the movie and had some more tea before we went off to bed.
I stayed in Hannah's spare room and Josh on her couch. The room was decorated nicely like the ready of Hannah's flat. She had a good eye for that kind of stuff. It started to bug me that an entire day went by and Austin hadn't called or even bother to send a text to see where I was. I guess I really was that easy to forget. He has his new boy toy anyway there's no need for me now. Checking my phone one last time to see if he had texted, it was empty. A fire ignited in my bones at the site of my wallpaper. Austin with his arms around me kissing my neck and my idiot self enjoying it. I threw my phone across the room not caring if it broke. I didn't want to be reminded of him and tomorrow would be the last time I set foot in the hell hole that's been my home for that last three years.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit Marilyn Manson "Coma White"