Make It Count When I'm the One Who's Selling You Out

Alex Gaskarth One Shot

Image

Flowers… I don’t see the point in them. A guy obviously gives them to you because he did something wrong and doesn't want to tell you. They just die anyway.

So stating that, this guy has been sending me flowers like three times a week for the past three weeks. I have no clue who he is. Well, I probably do. He just chooses not to put his name on the stupid card. They just go in the trash can.

I’ve been telling my roommate, Alex, about it, but he says he doesn’t know anything about it. (Yeah I live with a dude and we’re not together. Deal with it. He's been my best friend since high school,but he is insanely cute.) I still think it’s one of his cracked out friends. Oh did I mention he's in a band. Yeah they’re pretty good. I don’t like it too much, but I try to be a good friend and support him. If I were into that type of music, I would love them.Just don't tell him. They have a show tonight and of course I get stuck working the merch booth. I really hate him sometimes. I guess there’s going to be some big wig record person there.

“Expecting your little secret admirer?” Alex asked as I came down the stairs ready to leave. He always says I dress different when I go to shows, but hey sex sales right?

“No. And I don’t want anymore flowers from him either. The trash can reeks," I replied with.

“The poor guy. You’re breaking his heart.”

“I don’t care. He needs to man up and put his name on those stupid cards,” I said while following him out to the car.

“Who do you think he is?” he asked while speeding down the road.

"A weird psycho.”

All he did was laugh with his eyes glued on the windshield. We made it to the venue and I went to the merch booth to get everything set up. When I got there there’s flowers. I wanted to throw them across the room. I f-ing hate them, but I did read the card. It said:

Meet me at the park after the concert. I’ll be at the basketball court.
-AG.


He gave me his initials this time.Alex’s initials are AG, but he said he knew nothing about the situation. He wouldn’t lie to me. I hope he wouldn’t anyway. So after the opening band’s set, I completely ran out of everything. I wanted to check outAlex ATL anyway. I stayed in the back though. Alex introduces the next song. He says it was new and it was called 'Dear Maria'. Why the hell would he put my name in a song title? That was the last song they did though. The odd thing was Alex ran off the stage. Well not ran, but left quickly. He usually thanks the crowd a few times and then does another song. Not this time. I go back stage with the guys and Alex isn’t there.

“Where’s Alex?” I asked looking around.

“He said he had to go somewhere,” Zack said as he was putting his bass away.

"Where?" It's so weird of him to just disappear like that.

"He didn't say. He just said he had to meet someone. He better hurry. Those people seem interested," Rian said pointing to some people waiting outside the door.

"I’m going to go to the park real fast. Hopefully Alex's back before I am," I said and then walked out the door.

I didn't care anymore about who this guy was, I was more worried about where Alex was. It's just not like him to just leave without telling anyone. I made it to the basketball court and its dark. I can barely see anything. I kept looking around, but still nothing. Then all of a sudden, Christmas lights light up the area from the basketball hoops and I hear:

"Lying in my bed I hear the clock tick and think of you
Caught up in circles confusion is nothing new

You say go slow
I fall behind
The second hand unwinds

If you're lost
You can look
And you will find me
Time after time

If you fall
I will catch you
I'll be waiting
Time after time
Time after time
Time after time
"

I turn around and see Alex singing his heart out with an acoustic guitar slung around him. We always sang this song together whenever it was on. No matter where we were, who we were with, or what mood we were in. I looked up into his eyes and then he kept singing:

"Sometimes you picture me I'm walking too far ahead
You're calling to me I can't hear just what you've said

You say go slow
I fall behind
The second hand unwinds

If you're lost
You can look
And you will find me
Time after time
If you fall
I will catch you
I'll be waiting
Time after time

After my picture fades and darkness has turned to grey
Watching through windows you're wondering if I'm ok

But you say go slow
I fall behind
The drum beats out of time

If you're lost
you can look
and you will find me
time after time
If you fall
I will catch you
I'll be waiting
Time after time

Time after time
Time after time
"

"So, I've been talking shit about you these past few days?" I asked smiling as I walked towards him with my arms crossed. I feel bad now. I've been so open with him on this whole situation. I've said some not nice things too.

"Yeah. Do you know how hard it was to not say something in defense?"

"I'm sorry. You know I don't really filter this thing right here," I said pointing at my mouth.

"That’s what I love about you," he said while putting his guitar down. I really didn't know what to say to this. He stood in front of me and didn't say anything. It was so awkward.

"You should really get back. That guy wanted to talk to all of you," I said trying to make it a little less awkward.

"Come with me?" He said looking up. His eyes glowed from the lights all around.

"Yeah," I smiled and he took my hand.

The walk back was a alright. It wasn't the best but, Alex wouldn't say anything. Obviously he has 'feelings' for me, but hasn't said anything yet. Urg! He's so confusing. I'll give him some time. We made it back and all the guys were talking with the 'big important record guy.' Alex gave my hand a squeeze and joined the others. I figured I would go clean up the mess I left at the merch booth. Of course there's flowers. Oh god Alex. I read the card just out of curiosity. He asks me to be his girlfriend in it. Just as I put the card down, I'm literally tackled to the ground.

"We got it! We got the deal," Alex yells in my ear. He goes on saying other things, but I'm kind of deaf and can't hear him. He looked so cute though. I gave him a quick kiss. By that time the ringing stopped in my ear. "And I got my girl!" he says even happier. "Oh guess what they want our first single to be."

"What?" I asked. This huge smile formed on my face some how.

"DEAR MARIA!" he said and was jumping up and down.

"Alex, I'm so happy for you," I said as I hugged him.

"Come on. I have to write more songs about you," he said taking my hand and pulling me out to the car.

"You're selling me out dude," I said playfully.

"Oh, I'll make it count. Don't worry," he said with that sly smile before starting the car and driving home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?