Status: Updates Weekly!

It's Just Little Old Me.

Summer.

Summer this year had it's ups and downs and a lot more ups than I expected. I met a guy. surprise surprise! His name is Drew and we became very close friends and eventually I started to like him. We became so close he introduced me to his friends; I didn't exactly have my own group of friends my junior year so i was excited to meet his in hopes of joining their "clique". The group loved me and took me in under their wing and I was basically set for Senior year.
As the summer progressed I became close friends with Drew's best friend Jessica, she began to tell me that Drew liked me back and that i should pursue this. Being skeptical, I read the messages they had traded back and forth and saw that what she had said was true. Feeling confident I set something up with Drew and we went and had an early date, I'm talking like 8 o'clock in the morning early. After our breakfast date we just fed the ducks at a local pond and joked around. At the end I let him know straight forward that I liked him and I was ready to pursue something if he was up for it too. He said that he wasn't sure of what he wanted and I was just taken aback. I thought he had liked me and I was so ready to start a relationship! I was happy and confident in myself and loving life, but it was time for a boyfriend; it was senior year after all. I just kind of nodded and mumbled for him to take me home.
I got home and just sat on my bed and stared at the ceiling so confused and shocked as to what the hell had just happened. Being a little angry with Drew, I called up Jessica and I told her what had happened. She got angry too and we just sat in silence over the phone at lost for words. The next day I flew to California for a month.

CALIFORNIA:
Man was California an adventure! My family almost went to Jail for catching lobster illegally off the coast of Catalina Island. I went to my first Ethiopian Wedding which was on a yacht, I learned how to dance like an Ethiopian and met many people from foreign places, like my Uncle Garbis. Uncle Garbis is an odd soul, I woke up one morning and found him medatating in the backyard in nothing but a speedo. If that wasn't enough he had my Great Uncle hosing him down with the garden hose. Uncle Garbis considered this "the best and only way to shower". I just sat there with his two daughters Annie and Sara and we watched him hum off an Old Armenian tune that I recognized but couldn't remember the lyrics.
It was also on this trip that I met my cousin Reuben's fiancé Nara. I'm not sure if I like her yet. She's been kissing my ass real hard because everyone knows I can pin people for who they really are. She seems to talk to me and my parents because we are the only ones who speak fluent Armenian, besides Reuben, from our mom's side of the family.
Drew and I still kept texting non-stop even when I got my phone stolen. We texted through kik on my i-touch. It took me a couple days to figure that out, so it was different living with out technology it reminded me of our society's dependency to technology.
I visited Glendale, the Armenian Capital of the West Coast, and hung out with my dad's side of the family for a while. We went on a hike near Pepperdine University in Malibu, with my cousin's fiancé Vahe. It was fun being without drama and just having a good time trying to get in shape with Vahe for their wedding. (By the way just thought i'd let you guys know my future cousin-in-law lost about 45 lbs cutting out sweets so…guess who's trying it). It was eventually time to head back to Houston, and as much as I love my city, I love California more.

HOUSTON:
The week after I returned home Drew traveled up to Austin to look at the University of Texas at Austin meaning we hadn't seen each other in a very long time. I had gotten over the date and decided I'd give him some time to think about us and our friendship. I tried so hard to not text him, but he just kept texting me. He even sent me a picture of him shirtless, and I was not disappointed with what I saw.
He made it home the week after and we went and had lunch since I had gone to California. Lunch was okay, I refused to let him pay for my food because I feel bad letting guys pay, and we just talked about his new job at Chik Fil-A and how it might interfere with Soccer and his social life and how it already was affecting his social life. Lunch was quick because he had to go to work, but he mentioned how he had missed seeing me and he was super happy that I was finally back.
About a week later I just couldn't stand waiting anymore and I met up with him to just lay down the law that I needed an answer soon. We met by the playground at his house and I just let him know. He said he wasn't sure if the attraction was there or not and that he hadn't had time to think about it. I was pissed beyond belief, how do you not know if you're physically attracted to someone. He then offered to go on a couple dates to see if he did find me cute or not and I was not gonna be disrespected like that. However, I did give him another week to figure out his thoughts and that was how my last day of summer ended.
♠ ♠ ♠
so that's a brief recap of my summer. Hope yall like it!