Status: 'IN THE WORKS?'

Happy Hour

his

Okay so you know how all (or at least most) popular stories, books, poems, and all that jazz are actually really, really dumpy and not very well done? Well this story is going to be like that too. Only unpopular. On a sidenote, everything I mention in this story really happened. It may be a bit over exaggerated but it really happened, really. This is a biography, it's true.

It's not like I'm trying to do the world a favor by neglecting to wear deodorant and shower regularly, it's just that ever since school started back up again my energy's been declining and my attitude towards anything the least bit helpful has taken a turn for the worse. I've "choosen the wrong path" as my lunatic for a father would say. But honestly I don't mind what he even says anymore because he hardly pays me any mind anyway. Too absorbed in his work and his games of sudoku, I guess. Either way, it makes it ten times easier to get away with everything I do. And it's not like my mom even cares. Don't get me wrong, I come from a nice family with well rehearsed manners and use inside voices inside, my parent's never lack on the "I love you"s or the "Be careful"s or the "Have swell day!"s it's just that lately they've been so egocentric and have been falling a bit short on the attention giving. You know?

And I have no reason to blame my actions on them although I very much feel like it sometimes when I lay in the decaying church pews with Beckett. You see, the way I was thinking was that maybe if I did just the right amount of wrong my parents would keep a closer eye on me but I did a little too much wrong or maybe I didn't do enough wrong because they still let me wander off in the middle of the night with no consequences when I get back the next morning. I guess everyone's thinking is just a bit off these days.

Well I'm just gonna get down to it, Beckett and I started a gang, in a way. It wasn't exactly a gang as much as two teenagers doing five finger discounts at the drugstore and various other places around town but you get my drift. We were beggars but we weren't begging as much for money as we were for attention.