I've Been Waiting to Smile

Chapter Three

I was woken up by Nech at three being told I had to either call Logan and tell him I wasn’t going, or get ready. I drudged off my bed and into the bathroom, I hopped in the shower. It’s just dinner, how long could it take? I thought. Once I was out I wrapped my hair up in a towel and wrapped my bathrobe around my torso, before heading back to my room.

I blow-dried by hair letting it fall around in in little dark brown waves. I did some simple make up, just for a natural look, except for my signature plumb lipstick, and then opened up my closet to chose which dress to wear. I settled on a black, one shoulder, ruched dress that hugged my body nicely and went down to my mid thigh. I put on some dangling silver earring and my ouija board necklace. I dug out my silver Dr Martens and slipped them on over my knee high black socks. I slipped on a bracelet and sprayed some perfume on my neck.

I had finished getting ready just as there was a knock at the door. I walked out of my room as Neche, who was dressed in strappy heels and a midnight blue dress with a jacket over top, opened it up. Logan and Kendall stood outside the door. Kendall was wearing a button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and Logan was wearing a dress shirt with a vest, tie, and a jacket. My breath caught in my throat when he looked at me. He smiled as Neche and I walked into the hallway.

“You look nice,” Logan said. I just nodded unable to think of something to say in response. Nech and Kendall walked down the hall ahead of us, I could hear them talking and giggling. Nech looked back at Logan and I twice and muttered something to Kendall who would then look back too. We got to the lobby and waited for James and Carlos. I turned to face Logan. 

“Are you sure this is a good idea?” I asked quietly. “Like, us going to dinner to a fancy restaurant, I mean.”
“I think it sounds like a great idea,” he smiled. He looked at me confused. “Why?”

I mentioned how with me just starting out to Act and now looking exactly like my sister, if we were to go to dinner at a fancy restaurant out in public and the paparazzi were to see it rumors that we were dating would start up. Logan looked at me, thinking about it for a moment. 

“Do you...not want to go to dinner?” he asked. I shrugged and told him the risks were a little more than what I wanted to bargain for. As I answered I could see the moment he was hurt by that.
“Well, it’s just... you guys are pretty famous and I don’t need people hating me before I even get anywhere,” I said. “And a one way ticket for that happening is to be caught out on a date with a guy from a boyband.”
“I get it,” he said. He sounded a little angry.

I sighed as I poked him in the tummy, and told him I would still go so he wouldn’t be alone. Suddenly, I felt someone wrap their arms around my waist and lift me up to spin me around. One I was placed down I looked behind me to see James.

“You’re looking hot, you got a date tonight?” he smiled.
“She’s coming to dinner with me,” Logan said forcefully, almost as if he was jealous that James said I looked hot. We all taxis to Chey Fansay, Logan, Neche, Kendall and I were all sharing one. Logan and I sat in the back of the cab alone, his hands were by his sides as he sat. I shifted at one point to look out the window and my thigh brushed against his thumb. I turned and looked down at his hand at the same time he did. 

“Sorry,” he said. I told him it was fine, it was just an accident.

The taxi dropped us off at Chey Fansay, but unfortunately James and Carlos, as well as there dates, were not yet there. I leaned against the wall and stared down at my shoes as the four of us waited. I noticed Logan and Kendall off on their own talking to one another, too far for me to hear. That’s when Neche came over and blocked my view of the two.

“Enjoying the view?” she giggled. I glanced over at the boys again Logan had his back towards us, and was pretty much blocking out Kendall.
“What view?” I asked. Nech sighed as she leaned against the wall with me.
“For someone who’s lucky enough to be on a date with the guy she likes,” she said. “You don’t seem very into him.”
“Because I’m not,” I laughed. I looked at her moving off the wall. “Why are you so persistent about me and him?”
“You guys have deep seated feelings toward one another and you are too into him,” she said. Then she explained the first time I met me, Logan and I ended up sucking face to a song that was literally about being into someone.
“I don’t recall that, because when I met you Logan was dating my sister,” I said.
“You’re still pretending that didn’t happen?” She asked, rolling her eyes. I was about to respond to her when I heard someone to the left of me.

“Well aren’t you looking absolutely ravishing?” I turned to see James walk over with this Light brown haired girl trailing behind him. I smiled as James hugged me again.
“You clean up rather nicely too, Diamond,” I said. James winked at me, and I smirked. I felt someone put their arm around my waist and stand next to me.
“How about you flatter your own date instead of mine,” Logan said. I noticed that James’ date was giving me a digusted look. Kendall and Neche insited we all go inside and get seated.

We were brought to a big table, Kendall and Carlos sat at opposite ends with their dates next to them, I was across from James’ Date, Logan next to me with Carlos on the other side, and Neche, then James’ date was across from me between James and Carlos’ date. A waitress came buy and gave us our menus. I looked through mine for a while.

“Hey Logan,” I whispered. He looked at me. “You never told me exactly how fancy and expensive this place is... like, I can barely afford to spend money on a salad.”
“You’re my date, I’ll pay,” he said. I stared at him blankly.
“Please don’t call me that,” I said.

Logan started to question me only stoping when the waitress came back to take our orders. As I was explaining to him I realized James was looking down the table at me. Once he caught my eye he raised his eyebrows and kinda leaned his head off in a direction away from the table. I subtly nodded back and then stood up. 

“I’ll be right back, um... I have a question...” I said. “Can anyone tell me where the bathroom is?”
“I could show you where it is,” James said. His date gave him a look of anger. He shrugged and said he had to go. I noticed Logan giving him a glaring look as well. I followed James to the other side of the restautrant, and behind a wall where they were before he lightly backed me into the wall and pecked my lips.

“Remind me why you’re here with Logan?” He asked as he looked into the guy’s bathroom and pulled me in upon finding it empty. He pulled me into a stall, as I explained that I would have felt bad had i not gone and he ended up being alone. I leaned against the metal wall of the stall and pulled James closer by his blazer jacket.

“What I want to know,” I said, standing on my tip toes so I could whisper in his ear. “Is why did it take so long for you to want to get away from that girl?”

James muttered something about having a reputation before he pulled back the shoulder on my dress and started to give me a hickey. I ran my hand through his hair.

“Aren’t you a little old for hickey’s Diamond?” I asked. As if to respond with ‘no’ he bit my shoulder, not too hard, but enough for a pinch. Once he was done I gave him the same treatment, but just under his collar. I fixed up my lipstick and my hair in the girl’s bathroom before going to rejoin the group. Logan looked at me as I sat down. Not too long after our food had arrived.

The date was over before I knew it and the boys, neche and I were walking back to the Palm Woods. The entire walk back Logan tried to pull me along faster with his arm around my waist until i told him to leave me alone. Once he walked off James, who I’d been walking beside, laced his fingers in with mine, until we got home.
♠ ♠ ♠
caitlyns playlist

03 Can't Keep My Hands Off You Simple Plan Get Your Heart On